Second Amendment to Rights Agreement dated as of December 22, 2020, by and between the Company and Computershare Trust Company, N.A., as rights agent
SECOND AMENDMENT TO
This SECOND AMENDMENT TO RIGHTS AGREEMENT (this “Second Amendment”) is entered into as of December 22, 2020, by and between Fluor Corporation, a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), and Computershare Trust Company, N.A., a federally chartered trust company, as rights agent (the “Rights Agent”). All capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning(s) ascribed to them in that certain Rights Agreement, dated as of March 25, 2020, by and between the Company and the Rights Agent, as amended by the First Amendment to Rights Agreement dated July 29, 2020 (the “Rights Agreement”).
WHEREAS, the Company and the Rights Agent are parties to the Rights Agreement; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 27 of the Rights Agreement, the Company and the Rights Agent desire to amend the Rights Agreement as set forth in this Second Amendment.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the promises and the mutual agreements herein set forth, the parties hereto hereby agree as follows:
1. Amendment of Section 7(a). Section 7(a) of the Rights Agreement is hereby amended and restated in its entirety as follows:
Subject to Section 7(e) hereof, at any time after the Distribution Date the registered holder of any Rights Certificate may exercise the Rights evidenced thereby (except as otherwise provided herein including, without limitation, the restrictions on exercisability set forth in Section 9(c) and Section 11(a)(iii) hereof) in whole or in part upon surrender of the Rights Certificate, with the form of election to purchase and the certificate contained therein properly completed and duly executed, to the Rights Agent at the office or offices of the Rights Agent designated for such purpose, together with payment of the aggregate Purchase Price with respect to the total number of one one-thousandths of a share of Preferred Stock (or, following the occurrence of a Triggering Event, Common Stock, other securities, cash, or other assets, as the case may be) as to which such surrendered Rights are then exercisable and an amount equal to any tax or charge required to be paid under Section 9(e), at or prior to the earliest of (i) the Close of Business on March 24, 2021 (the “Final Expiration Date”), (ii) the time at which the Rights are redeemed as provided in Section 23 hereof, and (iii) the time at which the Rights are exchanged in full as provided in Section 24 hereof (the earliest of (i), (ii), and (iii) being herein referred to as the “Expiration Date”). Except for those provisions herein that expressly survive the termination of this Agreement, this Agreement shall terminate upon the earlier of the Expiration Date and such time as all outstanding Rights have been exercised, redeemed or exchanged hereunder (other than Rights which have become null and void pursuant to the provisions of Section 7(e) hereof).
2. Amendment of Exhibit B (Form of Rights Certificate). The introductory paragraph of Exhibit B to the Rights Agreement is hereby deleted and replaced with the following:
“NOT EXERCISABLE AFTER MARCH 24, 2021 OR EARLIER IF REDEEMED OR EXCHANGED BY THE COMPANY. THE RIGHTS ARE SUBJECT TO REDEMPTION, AT THE OPTION OF THE COMPANY, AT $0.01 PER RIGHT ON THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THE RIGHTS AGREEMENT. UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES SET FORTH IN THE RIGHTS AGREEMENT, RIGHTS BENEFICIALLY OWNED BY ANY PERSON WHO IS, WAS, OR BECOMES AN ACQUIRING PERSON OR ANY AFFILIATE OR ASSOCIATE THEREOF (AS SUCH TERMS ARE DEFINED IN THE RIGHTS AGREEMENT), WHETHER CURRENTLY BENEFICIALLY OWNED BY OR ON BEHALF OF SUCH PERSON OR BY ANY SUBSEQUENT BENEFICIAL OWNER, MAY BECOME NULL AND VOID.”
3. Amendment of Exhibit B (Form of Rights Certificate). The second paragraph of the Exhibit B to the Rights Agreement is hereby deleted and replaced with the following:
This certifies that ________________________, or registered assigns, is the registered owner of the number of Rights set forth above, each of which entitles the owner thereof, subject to the terms, provisions, and conditions of the Rights Agreement, dated as of March 25, 2020 (the “Rights Agreement”), between Fluor Corporation, a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), and Computershare Trust Company, N.A., a federally chartered trust company (the “Rights Agent”), to purchase from the Company at any time prior to 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on March 24, 2021 at the office or offices of the Rights Agent designated for such purpose, or its successors as Rights Agent, one one-thousandth of a fully paid, non-assessable share of Series A Junior Participating Preferred Stock, par value $.01 per share, of the Company (the “Preferred Stock”), at a purchase price of $50.00 per one one-thousandth of a share of Preferred Stock (such purchase price, as may be adjusted, the “Purchase Price”), upon presentation and surrender of this Rights Certificate with the Form of Election to Purchase and related Certificate duly executed. The number of Rights evidenced by this Rights Certificate (and the number of shares that may be purchased upon exercise thereof) set forth above, and the Purchase Price per share set forth above, are the number and Purchase Price as of March 25, 2020, based on the Preferred Stock as constituted at such date. The Company reserves the right to require prior to the occurrence of a Triggering Event (as such term is defined in the Rights Agreement) that a number of Rights be exercised so that only whole shares of Preferred Stock will be issued.
4. Amendment of Exhibit C (Summary of Rights). Exhibit C to the Rights Agreement is hereby amended in that the section titled “Expiration of Rights” is deleted and replaced with the following:
“The Rights will expire on the earliest of (a) 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on March 24, 2021, (b) the time at which the Rights are redeemed (as described in Section 6 below), and (c) the time at which the Rights are exchanged in full (as described in Section 7 below) (the earliest of (a), (b) and (c) being herein referred to as the “Expiration Date”).”
5. Agreement as Amended. The term “Agreement” as used in the Rights Agreement shall be deemed to refer to the Rights Agreement as amended. Except as expressly set forth herein, the Rights Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and otherwise shall be unaffected hereby, and each of the Company and the Rights Agent shall continue to be subject to its terms and conditions.
6. Governing Law. This Second Amendment shall be deemed to be a contract made under the laws of the State of Delaware and for all purposes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of such State applicable to contracts made and to be performed entirely within such State.
7. Counterparts. This Second Amendment may be executed in any number of counterparts and each of such counterparts shall for all purposes be deemed to be an original, and all such counterparts shall together constitute but one and the same instrument. A signature to this Second Amendment executed and/or transmitted electronically shall have the same authority, effect and enforceability as an original signature.
8. Descriptive Headings. Descriptive headings of the several sections of this Second Amendment are inserted for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions hereof.
[Signature Page Follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, each of the parties hereto has caused this Amendment to be duly executed as of the date first above written.
|By:||/s/ John R. Reynolds|
|Name: John R. Reynolds|
|Title: Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary|
|COMPUTERSHARE TRUST COMPANY, N.A.|
|By:||/s/ Dennis V. Moccia|
|Name: Dennis V. Moccia|
|Title: Senior Manager, Contract Operations|