|7. || |
EFFECT OF CERTAIN TRANSACTIONS
(a) Mergers, etc. Except as otherwise expressly provided in an Award agreement, the following provisions will apply in the event of a Covered Transaction:
(1) Assumption or Substitution. If the Covered Transaction is one in which there is an acquiring or surviving entity, the Administrator may provide for (A) the assumption or continuation of some or all outstanding Awards or any portion thereof or (B) the grant of new awards in substitution therefor by the acquiror or survivor or an affiliate of the acquiror or survivor.
(2) Cash-Out of Awards. Subject to Section 7(a)(5), below the Administrator may provide for payment (a cash-out), with respect to some or all Awards or any portion thereof, equal in the case of each affected Equity Award or portion thereof to the excess, if any, of (A) the Fair Market Value of one share of Stock times the number of shares of Stock subject to the Award or such portion, over (B) the aggregate exercise or purchase price, if any, under the Award or such portion (in the case of a SAR, the aggregate base value above which appreciation is measured), in each case on such payment terms (which need not be the same as the terms of payment to holders of Stock) and other terms, and subject to such conditions, as the Administrator determines; provided, however, for the avoidance of doubt, that if the exercise or purchase price (or base value) of an Equity Award is equal to or greater than the Fair Market Value of one share of Stock, the Award may be cancelled with no payment due hereunder or otherwise in respect of such Equity Award.
(3) Acceleration of Certain Awards. Subject to Section 7(a)(5) below, the Administrator may provide that any Award requiring exercise will become exercisable, in full or in part, and/or that the delivery of any shares of Stock remaining deliverable under any outstanding Award of Stock Units (including Restricted Stock Units and Performance Awards to the extent consisting of Stock Units) will be accelerated, in full or in part, in each case on a basis that gives the holder of the Award a reasonable opportunity, as determined by the Administrator, following exercise of the Award or the delivery of the shares, as the case may be, to participate as a shareholder in the Covered Transaction.
(4) Termination of Awards upon Consummation of Covered Transaction. Except as the Administrator may otherwise determine in any case, each Award will automatically terminate (and in the case of outstanding shares of Restricted Stock, will automatically be forfeited) immediately upon consummation of the Covered Transaction, other than (A) any Award assumed pursuant to Section 7(a)(1) above, and (B) any Cash Award that by its terms, or as a result of action taken by the Administrator, continues following the Covered Transaction.
(5) Additional Limitations. Any share of Stock and any cash or other property delivered pursuant to Section 7(a)(2) or Section 7(a)(3) above with respect to an Award may, in the discretion of the Administrator, contain such restrictions, if any, as the Administrator deems appropriate to reflect any performance or other vesting conditions to which the Award was subject and that did not lapse (and were not satisfied) in connection with the Covered Transaction. For purposes of the immediately preceding sentence, a cash-out under Section 7(a)(2) above or an acceleration under Section 7(a)(3) above will not, in and of itself, be treated as the lapsing (or satisfaction) of a performance or other vesting condition. In the case of Restricted Stock that does