16. Successors. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and the officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents and controlling persons referred to in Section 8 hereof, and no other person will have any right or obligation hereunder.
17. Applicable Law and Waiver of Jury Trial. (a) This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to contracts made and to be performed within the State of New York.
(b) The Company and each of the Underwriters hereby irrevocably waives, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any and all right to trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby.
18. Counterparts. This Agreement may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original and all of which together shall constitute one and the same agreement. Counterparts may be delivered via facsimile, electronic mail (including any electronic signature covered by the U.S. federal ESIGN Act of 2000, Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, the Electronic Signatures and Records Act or other applicable law, e.g., www.docusign.com) or other transmission method and any counterpart so delivered shall be deemed to have been duly and validly delivered and be valid and effective for all purposes.
19. Entire Agreement. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements and understandings (whether written or oral) between the Company and the Underwriters, or any of them, with respect to the subject matter hereof.
20. Headings. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the construction hereof.
21. Definitions. The terms which follow, when used in this Agreement, shall have the meanings indicated.
Act shall mean the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and the rules and regulations of the Commission promulgated thereunder.
Base Prospectus shall mean the prospectus referred to in paragraph 1(a) above contained in the Registration Statement at the Effective Date.
Business Day shall mean any day other than a Saturday, a Sunday or a legal holiday or a day on which banking institutions or trust companies are authorized or obligated by law to close in New York City.
Code shall mean the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, and applicable regulations promulgated thereunder.
Commission shall mean the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Disclosure Package shall mean (i) the Preliminary Prospectus Supplement, as amended and supplemented to the Initial Sale Time, (ii) the Issuer Free Writing Prospectuses, if any, identified in Schedule III hereto, (iii) the Final Term Sheet and (iv) any other Free Writing Prospectus that the parties hereto shall hereafter expressly agree in writing to treat as part of the Disclosure Package.