Form of Common Stock Purchase Warrant, dated September 25, 2019
NEITHER THE ISSUANCE AND SALE OF THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE NOR THE SECURITIES INTO WHICH THESE SECURITIES ARE EXERCISABLE HAVE BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS. THE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE OFFERED FOR SALE, SOLD, TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED (I) IN THE ABSENCE OF (A) AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT FOR THE SECURITIES UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR (B) AN OPINION OF COUNSEL (WHICH COUNSEL SHALL BE SELECTED BY THE HOLDER), IN A GENERALLY ACCEPTABLE FORM, THAT REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER SAID ACT OR (II) UNLESS SOLD PURSUANT TO RULE 144 OR RULE 144A UNDER SAID ACT. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE SECURITIES MAY BE PLEDGED IN CONNECTION WITH A BONA FIDE MARGIN ACCOUNT OR OTHER LOAN OR FINANCING ARRANGEMENT SECURED BY THE SECURITIES.
Right to Purchase ______ shares of Common Stock of Duos Technologies Group, Inc. (subject to adjustment as provided herein)
COMMON STOCK PURCHASE WARRANT
DUOS TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, INC., a corporation organized under the laws of the State of Florida (the Company), hereby certifies that, for value received, ___________, or its assigns (the Holder), is entitled, subject to the terms set forth below, to purchase from the Company at any time after the Issue Date until 5:00 p.m., E.D.T. on the five (5) year anniversary of the Issue Date (the Expiration Date), up to ________ fully paid and non-assessable shares of the Companys common stock, par value $0.001 per share (the Common Stock) at a per share purchase price of $___. The purchase price per share, as adjusted from time to time as herein provided, is referred to herein as the Purchase Price. The number and character of such shares of Common Stock and the Purchase Price are subject to adjustment as provided herein. The Company may reduce the Purchase Price for some or all of the Warrants, temporarily or permanently, provided such reduction is made as to all outstanding Warrants for all Holders of such Warrants.
As used herein the following terms, unless the context otherwise requires, have the following respective meanings:
(a) The term Company shall mean Duos Technologies Group, Inc., a Florida corporation.
(b) The term Common Stock includes (i) the Companys Common Stock, $0.001 par value per share and (ii) any other securities into which or for which any of the securities described in (i) may be converted or exchanged pursuant to a plan of recapitalization, reorganization, merger, sale of assets or otherwise.
(c) The term Other Securities refers to any stock (other than Common Stock) and other securities of the Company or any other person (corporate or otherwise) which the holder of the Warrant at any time shall be entitled to receive, or shall have received, on the exercise of the Warrant, in lieu of or in addition to Common Stock, or which at any time shall be issuable or shall have been issued in exchange for or in replacement of Common Stock or Other Securities pursuant to Section 5 hereof or otherwise.
(d) The term Warrant Shares shall mean the Common Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant.
1. Exercise of Warrant.
1.1. Number of Shares Issuable upon Exercise. From and after the Issue Date through and including the Expiration Date, the Holder shall be entitled to receive, upon exercise of this Warrant in whole in accordance with the terms of Section 1.2 hereof or upon exercise of this Warrant in part in accordance with Section 1.3 hereof, shares of Common Stock of the Company, subject to adjustment pursuant to Section 3 hereof.
1.2. Full Exercise. This Warrant may be exercised in full by the Holder hereof by delivery to the Company of an original or facsimile copy of the form of subscription attached as Exhibit A hereto (the Subscription Form) duly executed by such Holder and delivered within two (2) business days thereafter of payment, in cash, wire transfer or by certified or official bank check payable to the order of the Company, in the amount obtained by multiplying the number of shares of Common Stock for which this Warrant is then exercisable by the Purchase Price then in effect. The original Warrant is not required to be surrendered to the Company until it has been fully exercised.
1.3. Partial Exercise. This Warrant may be exercised in part (but not for a fractional share) by delivery of a Subscription Form in the manner and at the place provided in Section 1.2 hereof, except that the amount payable by the Holder on such partial exercise shall be the amount obtained by multiplying (a) the number of whole shares of Common Stock designated by the Holder in the Subscription Form by (b) the Purchase Price then in effect. On any such partial exercise, upon the written request of the Holder, provided the Holder has surrendered the original Warrant, the Company, at its expense, will forthwith issue and deliver to or upon the order of the Holder a new Warrant of like tenor, in the name of the Holder hereof or as such Holder (upon payment by such Holder of any applicable transfer taxes) may request, the whole number of shares of Common Stock for which such Warrant may still be exercised.
1.4. Fair Market Value. For purposes of this Warrant, the Fair Market Value of a share of Common Stock as of a particular date (the Determination Date) shall mean:
(a) If the Companys Common Stock is traded on an exchange or on the NASDAQ Global Market, NASDAQ Global Select Market, the NASDAQ Capital Market, the New York Stock Exchange or the NYSE AMEX Equities, then the average of the closing sale prices of the Common Stock for the five (5) trading days immediately prior to (but not including) the Determination Date;
(b) If the Companys Common Stock is not traded on an exchange or on the NASDAQ Global Market, NASDAQ Global Select Market, the NASDAQ Capital Market, the New York Stock Exchange or the NYSE AMEX Equities, but is traded on the OTC Bulletin Board or in the over-the-counter market or Pink Sheets, then the average of the closing bid and ask prices reported for the five (5) trading days immediately prior to (but not including) the Determination Date;
(c) Except as provided in clause (d) below and Section 3.1 hereof, if the Companys Common Stock is not publicly traded, then as the Holder and the Company shall mutually agree, or in the absence of such an agreement after good faith efforts of the Company and the Holder to reach an agreement, by arbitration in accordance with the rules then standing of the American Arbitration Association, before a single arbitrator to be chosen from a panel of persons qualified by education and training to pass on the matter to be decided; or
(d) If the Determination Date is the date of a liquidation, dissolution or winding up, or any event deemed to be a liquidation, dissolution or winding up pursuant to the Companys charter, then all amounts to be payable per share to holders of the Common Stock pursuant to the charter in the event of such liquidation, dissolution or winding up, plus all other amounts to be payable per share in respect of the Common Stock in liquidation under the charter, assuming for the purposes of this clause (d) that all of the shares of Common Stock then issuable upon exercise of all of the Warrants are outstanding at the Determination Date.
1.5. Company Acknowledgment. The Company will, at the time of the exercise of the Warrant, upon the request of the Holder hereof, acknowledge in writing its continuing obligation to afford to such Holder any rights to which such Holder shall continue to be entitled after such exercise in accordance with the provisions of this Warrant. If the Holder shall fail to make any such request, such failure shall not affect the continuing obligation of the Company to afford to such Holder any such rights.
1.6. Delivery of Stock Certificates, etc. on Exercise. The Company agrees that, provided the purchase price listed in the Subscription Form is received as specified in Section 2 hereof, the shares of Common Stock purchased upon exercise of this Warrant shall be deemed to be issued to the Holder hereof as the record owner of such shares as of the close of business on the date on which delivery of a Subscription Form shall have occurred and payment made for such shares as aforesaid. As soon as practicable after the exercise of this Warrant in full or in part and the payment is made, and in any event within five (5) business days thereafter (Warrant Share Delivery Date), the Company, at its expense (including the payment by it of any applicable issue taxes), will cause to be issued in the name of, and delivered to, the Holder hereof, or as such Holder (upon payment by such Holder of any
applicable transfer taxes) may direct in compliance with applicable securities laws, a certificate or certificates for the number of duly and validly issued, fully paid and non-assessable shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) to which such Holder shall be entitled on such exercise, plus, in lieu of any fractional share to which such Holder would otherwise be entitled, cash equal to such fraction multiplied by the then Fair Market Value of one full share of Common Stock, together with any other stock or other securities and property (including cash, where applicable) to which such Holder is entitled upon such exercise pursuant to Section 1 hereof or otherwise. The Company understands that a delay in the delivery of the Warrant Shares after the Warrant Share Delivery Date could result in economic loss to the Holder. As compensation to the Holder for such loss, the Company agrees to pay (as liquidated damages and not as a penalty) to the Holder for late issuance of Warrant Shares upon exercise of this Warrant the proportionate amount of $100 per business day after the Warrant Share Delivery Date for each $10,000 of Purchase Price of Warrant Shares for which this Warrant is exercised which are not timely delivered. The Company shall promptly pay any payments incurred under this Section in immediately available funds upon demand. Furthermore, in addition to any other remedies which may be available to the Holder, in the event that the Company fails for any reason to effect delivery of the Warrant Shares by the Warrant Share Delivery Date, the Holder may revoke all or part of the relevant Warrant exercise by delivery of a written notice to such effect to the Company, whereupon the Company and the Holder shall each be restored to their respective positions immediately prior to the exercise of the relevant portion of this Warrant, except that the liquidated damages described above shall be payable through the date notice of revocation or rescission is given to the Company.
1.7. Buy-In. In addition to any other rights available to the Holder, if the Company fails to deliver to a Holder the Warrant Shares as required pursuant to this Warrant, and the Holder or a broker on the Holders behalf, purchases (in an open market transaction or otherwise) shares of Common Stock to deliver in satisfaction of a sale by such Holder of the Warrant Shares which the Holder was entitled to receive from the Company (a Buy-In), then the Company shall pay in cash to the Holder (in addition to any remedies available to or elected by the Holder) the amount by which (A) the Holders total purchase price (including brokerage commissions, if any) for the shares of Common Stock so purchased exceeds (B) the aggregate Purchase Price of the Warrant Shares required to have been delivered together with interest thereon at a rate of 15% per annum, accruing until such amount and any accrued interest thereon is paid in full (which amount shall be paid as liquidated damages and not as a penalty). For purposes of illustration, if a Holder purchases shares of Common Stock having a total purchase price of $11,000 to cover a Buy-In with respect to $10,000 of Purchase Price of Warrant Shares to have been received upon exercise of this Warrant, the Company shall be required to pay the Holder $1,000, plus interest. The Holder shall provide the Company written notice indicating the amounts payable to the Holder in respect of the Buy-In, which shall include evidence of the price at which such Holder had to purchase the Common Stock in an open-market transaction or otherwise.
1.8. Charges, Taxes and Expenses. Issuance of Warrant Shares shall be made without charge to the Holder for any issue or transfer tax or other incidental expense in respect of the issuance of such Warrant Shares, all of which taxes and expenses shall be paid by the Company. The Company shall pay all transfer agent fees required for same-day processing of any Notice of Exercise and all fees to the Depository Trust Company (or another established clearing corporation performing similar functions) required for same-day electronic delivery of the Warrant Shares.
2. Payment of Purchase Price. Payment upon exercise may be made at the written option of the Holder either in (i) cash, wire transfer or by certified or official bank check payable to the order of the Company equal to the applicable aggregate Purchase Price accompanied by delivery of a properly endorsed Subscription Form, for the number of Common Stock specified in such form (as such exercise number shall be adjusted to reflect any adjustment in the total number of shares of Common Stock issuable to the Holder per the terms of this Warrant) and the Holder shall thereupon be entitled to receive the number of duly authorized, validly issued, fully-paid and non-assessable shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) determined as provided herein.
3. Adjustment for Reorganization, Consolidation, Merger, etc.
3.1. Fundamental Transaction. If, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, (A) the Company, directly or indirectly, in one or more related transactions effects any merger or consolidation of the Company with or into another entity, (B) the Company, directly or indirectly, effects any sale, lease, license, assignment, transfer, conveyance, or other disposition of all or substantially all of its assets in one or a series of related transactions, (C) any direct or indirect tender offer or exchange offer (whether by the Company or another entity) is completed pursuant to which holders of Common Stock are permitted to tender or exchange their shares for other securities,
cash or property, (D) the Company consummates a stock purchase agreement or other business combination (including, without limitation, a reorganization, recapitalization, or spin-off) with one or more persons or entities whereby such other persons or entities acquire more than the 50% of the outstanding shares of Common Stock (not including any shares of Common Stock held by such other persons or entities making or party to, or associated or affiliated with the other persons or entities making or party to, such stock purchase agreement or other business combination), (E) any person or group (as these terms are used for purposes of Sections 13(d) and 14(d) of the 1934 Act) is or shall become the beneficial owner (as defined in Rule 13d-3 under the 1934 Act), directly or indirectly, of 50% of the aggregate Common Stock of the Company, or (F) the Company effects any reclassification of the Common Stock or any compulsory share exchange pursuant to which the Common Stock is effectively converted into or exchanged for other securities, cash or property (in any such case, a Fundamental Transaction), then, upon any subsequent exercise of this Warrant, the Holder shall have the right to receive, for each Warrant Share that would have been issuable upon such exercise immediately prior to the occurrence of such Fundamental Transaction, at the option of the Holder, (a) upon exercise of this Warrant, the number of shares of Common Stock of the successor or acquiring corporation or of the Company, if it is the surviving corporation, and any additional consideration (the Alternate Consideration) receivable upon or as a result of such Fundamental Transaction by a Holder of the number of shares of Common Stock for which this Warrant is exercisable immediately prior to such event. For purposes of any such exercise, the determination of the Purchase Price shall be appropriately adjusted to apply to such Alternate Consideration based on the amount of Alternate Consideration issuable in respect of one share of Common Stock in such Fundamental Transaction, and the Company shall apportion the Purchase Price among the Alternate Consideration in a reasonable manner reflecting the relative value of any different components of the Alternate Consideration. If holders of Common Stock are given any choice as to the securities, cash or property to be received in a Fundamental Transaction, then the Holder shall be given the same choice as to the Alternate Consideration it receives upon any exercise of this Warrant following such Fundamental Transaction. To the extent necessary to effectuate the foregoing provisions, any successor to the Company or surviving entity in such Fundamental Transaction shall issue to the Holder a new warrant consistent with the foregoing provisions and evidencing the Holders right to exercise such warrant into Alternate Consideration. The terms of any agreement pursuant to which a Fundamental Transaction is effected include terms requiring any such successor or surviving entity to comply with the provisions of this Section 3.1 and insuring that this Warrant (or any such replacement security) will be similarly adjusted upon any subsequent transaction analogous to a Fundamental Transaction.
3.2. Continuation of Terms. Upon any reorganization, consolidation, merger or transfer (and any dissolution following any transfer) referred to in this Section 3 hereof, this Warrant shall continue in full force and effect and the terms hereof shall be applicable to the Other Securities and property receivable on the exercise of this Warrant after the consummation of such reorganization, consolidation or merger or the effective date of dissolution following any such transfer, as the case may be, and shall be binding upon the issuer of any Other Securities, including, in the case of any such transfer, the person acquiring all or substantially all of the properties or assets of the Company, whether or not such person shall have expressly assumed the terms of this Warrant as provided in Section 5 hereof.
4. Extraordinary Events Regarding Common Stock.
Stock Dividends and Splits. In the event that the Company shall (a) issue additional shares of Common Stock as a dividend or other distribution on outstanding Common Stock, (b) subdivide its outstanding shares of Common Stock, or (c) combine its outstanding shares of the Common Stock into a smaller number of shares of Common Stock, then, in each such event, the Purchase Price shall, simultaneously with the happening of such event, be adjusted by multiplying the then Purchase Price by a fraction, the numerator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately prior to such event and the denominator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event, and the product so obtained shall thereafter be the Purchase Price then in effect. The Purchase Price, as so adjusted, shall be readjusted in the same manner upon the happening of any successive event or events described in this Section 4. The number of shares of Common Stock that the Holder of this Warrant shall thereafter, on the exercise hereof, be entitled to receive shall be adjusted to a number determined by multiplying the number of shares of Common Stock that would otherwise (but for the provisions of this Section 4) be issuable on such exercise by a fraction of which (a) the numerator is the Purchase Price that would otherwise (but for the provisions of this Section 4) be in effect, and (b) the denominator is the Purchase Price in effect on the date of such exercise.
Subsequent Rights Offerings. If at any time the Company grants, issues or sells any rights to purchase stock, warrants, securities or other property pro rata to the record holders of any class of shares of Common Stock (the Purchase Rights), then the Holder will be entitled to acquire, upon the terms applicable to such Purchase Rights, the aggregate Purchase Rights which the Holder could have acquired if the Holder had held the number of shares of Common Stock acquirable upon complete exercise of this Warrant immediately before the date on which a record is taken for the grant, issuance or sale of such Purchase Rights, or, if no such record is taken, the date as of which the record holders of shares of Common Stock are to be determined for the grant, issue or sale of such Purchase Rights.
Pro Rata Distributions. During such time as this Warrant is outstanding, if the Company shall declare or make any dividend or other distribution of its assets (or rights to acquire its assets) to holders of shares of Common Stock, by way of return of capital or otherwise (including, without limitation, any distribution of cash, stock or other securities, property or options by way of a dividend, spin off, reclassification, corporate rearrangement, scheme of arrangement or other similar transaction) (a "Distribution"), at any time after the issuance of this Warrant, then, in each such case, the Holder shall be entitled to participate in such Distribution to the same extent that the Holder would have participated therein if the Holder had held the number of shares of Common Stock acquirable upon complete exercise of this Warrant immediately before the date of which a record is taken for such Distribution, or, if no such record is taken, the date as of which the record holders of shares of Common Stock are to be determined for the participation in such Distribution.
Adjustment to Exercise Price of 2017 Warrants. In the event the Exercise Price (as defined in the 2017 Warrants) pursuant to the Warrants issued pursuant to the Securities Purchase Agreement entered into the by Company on or about November 24, 2017 (the 2017 Warrants), are reduced to less than the Purchase Price, the Purchase Price shall be reduced to equal the adjusted Exercise Price. For avoidance of doubt, this Section 4.4 shall be applied without duplication of any other adjustment of the Purchase Price hereunder. In the event that any event results in an adjustment to the Purchase Price pursuant to this Section 4.4 and any other provision of this Warrant, the Purchase Price shall be reduced to the lower of said adjustment provisions.
5. Reservation of Stock, etc. Issuable on Exercise of Warrant; Financial Statements. The Company will at all times reserve and keep available, solely for issuance and delivery on the exercise of the Warrants, all shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) from time to time issuable on the exercise of the Warrant. This Warrant entitles the Holder hereof, upon written request, to receive copies of all financial and other information distributed or required to be distributed to the holders of the Companys Common Stock.
6. Assignment; Exchange of Warrant. Subject to compliance with applicable securities laws, this Warrant, and the rights evidenced hereby, may be transferred by any registered holder hereof (a Transferor). On the surrender for exchange of this Warrant, with the Transferors endorsement in the form of Exhibit B attached hereto (the Transferor Endorsement Form) and together with an opinion of counsel reasonably satisfactory to the Company that the transfer of this Warrant will be in compliance with applicable securities laws, the Company will issue and deliver to or on the order of the Transferor thereof a new Warrant or Warrants of like tenor, in the name of the Transferor and/or the transferee(s) specified in such Transferor Endorsement Form (each a Transferee), calling in the aggregate on the face or faces thereof for the number of shares of Common Stock called for on the face or faces of the Warrant so surrendered by the Transferor.
7. Replacement of Warrant. On receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant and, in the case of any such loss, theft or destruction of this Warrant, on delivery of an indemnity agreement in customary form or, in the case of any such mutilation, on surrender and cancellation of this Warrant, the Company at its expense will execute and deliver, in lieu thereof, a new Warrant of like tenor.
8. Registration Rights The Holder shall be entitled to the following piggy-back registration rights covering the Warrant Shares only during such period(s) as there is no effective resale registration statement covering resale of the Holders Warrant Shares. The terms of this Section 8 shall survive the exercise of this Warrant for so long as Holder holds any Warrant Shares.
The Holder shall have the right, for a period of six (6) years after the date hereof, to include the Warrant Shares as part of any registration of securities filed by the Company (other than in connection with a transaction contemplated by Rule 145 promulgated under the Act or pursuant to Form S-8 or shelf S-3 or any equivalent form to the extent such form does not permit the registration of the Warrant Shares) provided, however, that if, solely in
connection with any primary underwritten public offering for the account of the Company, the managing underwriter(s) thereof shall, in its reasonable discretion, impose a limitation on the number of shares of Common Stock which may be included in a registration statement because, in such underwriter(s) judgment, marketing or other factors dictate such limitation is necessary to facilitate public distribution, then the Company shall be obligated to include in such registration statement only such limited portion of the Warrant Shares with respect to which the Holder requested inclusion hereunder as the underwriter shall reasonably permit. The Company shall not exclude any Warrant Shares unless the Company has first excluded all outstanding securities the holders of which are not entitled to inclusion of such securities in such registration statement and a pro rata portion of the securities of holders who are entitled to pro rata inclusion with the Warrant Shares.
The Company agrees to pay all expenses incurred in connection with the registration pursuant to this Section 8. The selling holder of Warrant Shares shall bear and pay the underwriting commissions and discounts and broker commissions applicable to the Warrant Shares offered for its account.
The Company agrees to indemnify, to the full extent permitted by law, each holder of Warrant Shares, its officers, directors and agents and each Person who controls such holder (within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended) against all losses, claims, damages, liabilities and expenses caused by any untrue or alleged untrue statement of material fact contained in the registration statement, prospectus or preliminary prospectus or any omission or alleged omission to state therein a material fact required to be stated therein or necessary to make the statements therein (in case of a prospectus or preliminary prospectus, in the light of the circumstances under which they were made) not misleading, but excluding information about the holder of the Warrant Shares submitted by such holder for inclusion in any such document or filing.
The rights granted by this Section 8 may be transferred to any holder of Warrant Shares.
9. Transfer on the Companys Books. Until this Warrant is transferred on the books of the Company, the Company may treat the registered holder hereof as the absolute owner hereof for all purposes, notwithstanding any notice to the contrary.
10. Notices. All notices, demands, requests, consents, approvals, and other communications required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and, unless otherwise specified herein, shall be (i) personally served, (ii) deposited in the mail, registered or certified, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, (iii) delivered by reputable air courier service with charges prepaid, or (iv) transmitted by hand delivery, telegram, or facsimile addressed as set forth below or to such other address as such party shall have specified most recently by written notice. Any notice or other communication required or permitted to be given hereunder shall be deemed effective (a) upon hand delivery or delivery by facsimile, with accurate confirmation generated by the transmitting facsimile machine, at the address or number designated below (if delivered on a business day during normal business hours where such notice is to be received), or the first business day following such delivery (if delivered other than on a business day during normal business hours where such notice is to be received), or (b) on the second business day following the date of mailing by express courier service, fully prepaid, addressed to such address, or upon actual receipt of such mailing, whichever shall first occur. The addresses for such communications shall be: (i) if to the Company, to Duos Technologies Group, Inc., 6622 Southpoint Drive South, Suite 310, Jacksonville, Florida , Attn: Gianni Arcaini, with a copy by fax only to (which shall not constitute notice) Lucosky Brookman LLP, 101 Wood Avenue South, 5th Floor, Iselin, NJ 08830, Attn: Joseph M. Lucosky, Esq., facsimile: (732) 395-4401, and (ii) if to the Holder, to the address and facsimile number listed on the first paragraph of this Warrant.
11. Law Governing This Warrant. This Warrant shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws or of any other State. Any action brought by either party hereto against the other concerning the transactions contemplated by this Warrant shall be brought only in the state courts of Florida or in the federal courts located in the state of Florida. The parties to this Warrant hereby irrevocably waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue of any action instituted hereunder and shall not assert any defense based on lack of jurisdiction or venue or based upon forum non conveniens. The Company and the Holder waive trial by jury. The prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys fees and costs. In the event that any provision of this Warrant or any other agreement delivered in connection herewith is invalid or unenforceable under any applicable statute or rule of law, then such provision shall be deemed inoperative to the extent that it may conflict therewith and shall be deemed modified to conform to, such statute or rule of law. Any such provision which may prove invalid or unenforceable under any law shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of any agreement. Each party hereto hereby irrevocably waives personal service of process and consents to process being served in any suit, action or proceeding
in connection with this Warrant or any other transaction document by mailing a copy thereof via registered or certified mail or overnight delivery (with evidence of delivery) to such party at the address in effect for notices to it under this Warrant and agrees that such service shall constitute good and sufficient service of process and notice thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to limit in any way any right to serve process in any other manner permitted by law.
12. Amendment. This Warrant may be modified or amended or the provisions hereof waived with the written consent of the Company and the Holder.
13. Severability. Wherever possible, each provision of this Warrant shall be interpreted in such manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law, but if any provision of this Warrant shall be prohibited by or invalid under applicable law, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provisions or the remaining provisions of this Warrant.
14. Headings. The headings used in this Warrant are for the convenience of reference only and shall not, for any purpose, be deemed a part of this Warrant.
15. Certificate as to Adjustments. Upon the occurrence of each adjustment or readjustment of the Purchase Price, the Company, at its expense, shall promptly compute such adjustment or readjustment in accordance with the terms hereof and prepare and furnish to the Holder a certificate setting forth such adjustment or readjustment and showing in detail the facts upon which such adjustment or readjustment is based. The Company shall, upon the written request at any time of the Holder, furnish or cause to be furnished to such holder a like certificate setting forth (i) such adjustments and readjustments, (ii) the Purchase Price at the time in effect for this Warrant and (iii) the number of shares of Common Stock and the amount, if any, or other property which at the time would be received upon the exercise of this Warrant.
16. No Impairment. The Company shall not by any action including, without limitation, amending its certificate of incorporation or through any reorganization, transfer of assets, consolidation, merger, dissolution, issue or sale of securities or any other voluntary action, avoid or seek to avoid the observance or performance of any of the terms of this Warrant, but will at all times in good faith assist in the carrying out of all such terms and in the taking of all such actions as may be necessary or appropriate to protect the rights of Holder against impairment. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Company will (a) not increase the par value of any shares of Common Stock receivable upon the exercise of this Warrant above the amount payable therefor upon such exercise immediately prior to such increase in par value, (b) take all such actions as may be necessary or appropriate in order that the Company may validly and legally issue fully paid and nonassessable shares of Common Stock upon the exercise of this Warrant, and (c) use its best efforts to obtain all such authorizations, exemptions or consents from any public regulatory body having jurisdiction thereof as may be necessary to enable the Company to perform its obligations under this Warrant. Upon the request of Holder, the Company will at any time during the period this Warrant is outstanding acknowledge in writing, in form satisfactory to Holder, the continuing validity of this Warrant and the obligations of the Company hereunder.
[-Signature Page Follows-]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has executed this Warrant as of the date first written above.
DUOS TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, INC.
Chief Executive Officer
FORM OF EXERCISE
(to be signed only on exercise of Warrant)
TO: DUOS TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, INC.
The undersigned, pursuant to the provisions set forth in the attached Warrant (No.____), hereby irrevocably elects to purchase (check applicable box):
___ ________ shares of the Common Stock covered by such Warrant.
The undersigned herewith makes payment of the full purchase price for such shares at the price per share provided for in such Warrant, which is $______. Such payment takes the form of (check applicable box or boxes):
___ $__________ in lawful money of the United States.
The undersigned requests that the certificates for such shares be issued in the name of, and delivered to __________________________________________, whose address is ___________________________. _______________________________________________________________________________________________.
The undersigned represents and warrants that all offers and sales by the undersigned of the securities issuable upon exercise of the within Warrant shall be made pursuant to registration of the Common Stock under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Securities Act), or pursuant to an exemption from registration under the Securities Act.
(Signature must conform to name of holder as
specified on the face of the Warrant)
FORM OF TRANSFEROR ENDORSEMENT
(To be signed only on transfer of Warrant)
For value received, the undersigned hereby sells, assigns, and transfers unto the person(s) named below under the heading Transferees the right represented by the within Warrant to purchase the percentage and number of shares of Common Stock of DUOS TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, INC. to which the within Warrant relates specified under the headings Percentage Transferred and Number Transferred, respectively, opposite the name(s) of such person(s) and appoints each such person Attorney to transfer its respective right on the books of DUOS TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, INC., with full power of substitution in the premises.
Dated: __________________, _______
(Signature must conform to name of holder as specified
on the face of the warrant)
Signed in the presence of:
ACCEPTED AND AGREED: