Form of Early Exercise Stock Purchase Agreement under 2016 Equity Incentive Plan, as amended and restated
DERMAVANT SCIENCES LTD.
EARLY EXERCISE STOCK PURCHASE AGREEMENT
UNDER THE AMENDED AND RESTATED 2016 EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN, AS AMENDED AND RESTATED
THIS AGREEMENT is made by and between Dermavant Sciences Ltd., an exempted limited company incorporated under the laws of Bermuda (the Company), and _______________ (Purchaser).
WHEREAS, Purchaser holds a stock option dated _______________(the Option) to purchase common shares of the Company (Common Stock) pursuant to the Companys Amended and Restated 2016 Equity Incentive Plan, as Amended and Restated (the Plan); and
WHEREAS, the Option consists of a Stock Option Grant Notice and a Stock Option Agreement; and
WHEREAS, Purchaser desires to exercise the Option on the terms and conditions contained herein; and
WHEREAS, Purchaser wishes to take advantage of the early exercise provision of Purchasers Option and therefore to enter into this Agreement;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS AGREED between the parties as follows:
1. INCORPORATION OF PLAN AND OPTION BY REFERENCE. This Agreement is subject to all of the terms and conditions as set forth in the Plan and the Option. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and/or the Option and the terms of the Plan, the terms of the Plan shall control. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the terms of the Option, the terms of the Option shall control. Defined terms not explicitly defined in this Agreement but defined in the Plan shall have the same definitions as in the Plan. Defined terms not explicitly defined in this Agreement or the Plan but defined in the Option shall have the same definitions as in the Option.
2. PURCHASE AND SALE OF COMMON STOCK.
(a) Agreement to purchase and sell Common Stock. Purchaser hereby agrees to purchase from the Company, and the Company hereby agrees to sell to Purchaser, an aggregate of ( ) Common Shares at $ per share, for an aggregate purchase price of $ , payable as follows:
Cash, check, bank draft or money order payable to the Company $__________
Value of ______ Common Shares1 $__________
Total Exercise Price $__________.
Shares must meet the public trading requirements set forth in the Option. Shares must be valued in accordance with the terms of the Option being exercised, must have been owned for the minimum period required in the Option and must be owned free and clear of any liens, claims, encumbrances or security interest. Certificates must be endorsed or accompanied by an executed stock assignment.
(b) Closing. The closing hereunder, including payment for and delivery of the Common Stock, shall occur at the offices of the Company immediately following the execution of this Agreement, or at such other time and place as the parties may mutually agree; provided, however, that if shareholder approval of the Plan is required before the Option may be exercised, then the Option may not be exercised, and the closing shall be delayed, until such shareholder approval is obtained. If such shareholder approval is not obtained within the time limit specified in the Plan, then this Agreement shall be null and void.
3. UNVESTED SHARE REPURCHASE OPTION2.
(a) Repurchase Option. In the event Purchasers Continuous Service terminates, then the Company shall have an irrevocable option (the Repurchase Option) for a period of ninety (90) days after said termination (or in the case of shares issued upon exercise of the Option after such date of termination, within ninety (90) days after the date of the exercise), or such longer period as may be agreed to by the Company and Purchaser, to repurchase from Purchaser or Purchasers personal representative, as the case may be, those shares that Purchaser received pursuant to the exercise of the Option that have not as yet vested as of such termination date in accordance with the Vesting Schedule indicated on Purchasers Stock Option Grant Notice (the Unvested Shares).
(b) Share Repurchase Price. The Company may repurchase all or any of the Unvested Shares at the lower of (i) the Fair Market Value of the such shares (as determined under the Plan) on the date of repurchase, or (ii) the price equal to Purchasers Exercise Price for such shares as indicated on Purchasers Stock Option Grant Notice.
4. EXERCISE OF REPURCHASE OPTION. The Repurchase Option shall be exercised by written notice signed by such person as designated by the Company, and delivered or mailed as provided herein. Such notice shall identify the number of Common Shares to be purchased and shall notify Purchaser of the time, place and date for settlement of such purchase, which shall be scheduled by the Company within the term of the Repurchase Option set forth above. The Company shall be entitled to pay for any Common Shares purchased pursuant to its Repurchase
Note: share repurchase are subject to the statutory solvency test under section 42A of the Companies Act 1981 of Bermuda
Option at the Companys option in cash or by offset against any indebtedness owing to the Company by Purchaser (including without limitation any Promissory Note given in payment for the Common Stock), or by a combination of both. Upon delivery of such notice and payment of the purchase price in any of the ways described above, the Company shall become the legal and beneficial owner of the Common Stock being repurchased and all rights and interest therein or related thereto, and the Company shall have the right to transfer to its own name the Common Stock being repurchased by the Company, without further action by Purchaser.
5. CAPITALIZATION ADJUSTMENTS TO COMMON STOCK. In the event of a Capitalization Adjustment, then any and all new, substituted or additional securities or other property to which Purchaser is entitled by reason of Purchasers ownership of Common Stock shall be immediately subject to the Repurchase Option and be included in the word Common Stock for all purposes of the Repurchase Option with the same force and effect as the shares of the Common Stock presently subject to the Repurchase Option, but only to the extent the Common Stock is, at the time, covered by such Repurchase Option. While the total Option Price shall remain the same after each such event, the Option Price per share of Common Stock upon exercise of the Repurchase Option shall be appropriately adjusted.
6. CORPORATE TRANSACTIONS. In the event of a Corporate Transaction, then the Repurchase Option may be assigned by the Company to the successor of the Company (or such successors parent company), if any, in connection with such Corporate Transaction. To the extent the Repurchase Option remains in effect following such Corporate Transaction, it shall apply to the new capital stock or other property received in exchange for the Common Stock in consummation of the Corporate Transaction, but only to the extent the Common Stock was at the time covered by such right. Appropriate adjustments shall be made to the price per share payable upon exercise of the Repurchase Option to reflect the Corporate Transaction upon the Companys capital structure; provided, however, that the aggregate price payable upon exercise of the Repurchase Option shall remain the same.
7. ESCROW OF UNVESTED COMMON STOCK. As security for Purchasers faithful performance of the terms of this Agreement and to insure the availability for delivery of Purchasers Common Stock upon exercise of the Repurchase Option herein provided for, Purchaser agrees, at the closing hereunder, to deliver to and deposit with the Secretary of the Company or the Secretarys designee (Escrow Agent), as Escrow Agent in this transaction, three (3) share transfer forms duly endorsed (with date and number of shares blank) in the form attached hereto as Exhibit A, together with a certificate or certificates evidencing all of the Common Stock subject to the Repurchase Option; said documents are to be held by the Escrow Agent and delivered by said Escrow Agent pursuant to the Joint Escrow Instructions of the Company and Purchaser set forth in Exhibit C, attached hereto and incorporated by this reference, which instructions also shall be delivered to the Escrow Agent at the closing hereunder.
8. RIGHTS OF PURCHASER. Subject to the provisions of the Option, Purchaser shall exercise all rights and privileges of a shareholder of the Company with respect to the shares deposited in escrow. Purchaser shall be deemed to be the holder of the shares for purposes of receiving any dividends that may be paid with respect to such shares and for purposes of exercising any voting rights relating to such shares, even if some or all of such shares have not yet vested and been released from the Companys Repurchase Option.
9. LIMITATIONS ON TRANSFER. In addition to any other limitation on transfer created by applicable securities laws, Purchaser shall not sell, assign, hypothecate, donate, encumber or otherwise dispose of any interest in the Common Stock while the Common Stock is subject to the Repurchase Option. After any Common Stock has been released from the Repurchase Option, Purchaser shall not sell, assign, hypothecate, donate, encumber or otherwise dispose of any interest in the Common Stock except in compliance with the provisions herein and applicable securities laws. Furthermore, the Common Stock shall be subject to any right of first refusal in favor of the Company or its assignees that may be contained in Purchasers Stock Option Agreement.
10. RESTRICTIVE LEGENDS. All certificates representing the Common Stock shall have endorsed thereon legends in substantially the following forms (in addition to any other legend which may be required by other agreements between the parties hereto):
(a) THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE ARE SUBJECT TO AN OPTION SET FORTH IN AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE COMPANY AND THE REGISTERED HOLDER, OR SUCH HOLDERS PREDECESSOR IN INTEREST, A COPY OF WHICH IS ON FILE AT THE PRINCIPAL OFFICE OF THIS COMPANY. ANY TRANSFER OR ATTEMPTED TRANSFER OF ANY SHARES SUBJECT TO SUCH OPTION IS VOID WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE COMPANY.
(b) THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933 AS AMENDED. THEY MAY NOT BE SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, PLEDGED OR HYPOTHECATED IN THE ABSENCE OF AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT AS TO THE SECURITIES UNDER SAID ACT OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.
(c) THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE ARE SUBJECT TO A RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL OPTION IN FAVOR OF THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS ASSIGNEE(S).
(d) THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE WERE ISSUED PURSUANT TO THE EXERCISE OF [AN INCENTIVE STOCK OPTION/A NONSTATUTORY STOCK OPTION].
(e) Any legend required by appropriate blue sky officials.
11. INVESTMENT REPRESENTATIONS. In connection with the purchase of the Common Stock, Purchaser represents to the Company the following:
(a) Purchaser is aware of the Companys business affairs and financial condition and has acquired sufficient information about the Company to reach an informed and knowledgeable decision to acquire the Common Stock. Purchaser is acquiring the Common Stock for investment for Purchasers own account only and not with a view to, or for resale in connection with, any distribution thereof within the meaning of the Securities Act.
(b) Purchaser understands that the Common Stock has not been registered under the Securities Act by reason of a specific exemption therefrom, which exemption depends upon, among other things, the bona fide nature of Purchasers investment intent as expressed herein.
(c) Purchaser further acknowledges and understands that the Common Stock must be held indefinitely unless the Common Stock is subsequently registered under the Securities Act or an exemption from such registration is available. Purchaser further acknowledges and understands that the Company is under no obligation to register the Common Stock. Purchaser understands that the certificate evidencing the Common Stock will be imprinted with a legend that prohibits the transfer of the Common Stock unless the Common Stock is registered or such registration is not required in the opinion of counsel for the Company.
(d) Purchaser is familiar with the provisions of Rules 144 and 701, under the Securities Act, as in effect from time to time, which, in substance, permit limited public resale of restricted securities acquired, directly or indirectly, from the issuer thereof (or from an affiliate of such issuer), in a non-public offering subject to the satisfaction of certain conditions. Rule 701 provides that if the issuer qualifies under Rule 701 at the time of issuance of the securities, such issuance will be exempt from registration under the Securities Act. In the event the Company becomes subject to the reporting requirements of Section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the securities exempt under Rule 701 may be sold by Purchaser ninety (90) days thereafter, subject to the satisfaction of certain of the conditions specified by Rule 144 and the market stand-off provision described in Purchasers Stock Option Agreement and Section 12 below.
(e) In the event that the sale of the Common Stock does not qualify under Rule 701 at the time of purchase, then the Common Stock may be resold by Purchaser in certain limited circumstances subject to the provisions of Rule 144, which requires, among other things: (i) the availability of certain public information about the Company, and (ii) the resale occurring following the required holding period under Rule 144 after Purchaser has purchased, and made full payment of (within the meaning of Rule 144), the securities to be sold.
(f) Purchaser further understands that at the time Purchaser wishes to sell the Common Stock there may be no public market upon which to make such a sale, and that, even if such a public market then exists, the Company may not be satisfying the current public current information requirements of Rule 144 or 701, and that, in such event, Purchaser would be precluded from selling the Common Stock under Rule 144 or 701 even if the minimum holding period requirement had been satisfied.
12. MARKET STAND-OFF AGREEMENT. By exercising the Option, Purchaser agrees not to sell, dispose of, transfer, make any short sale of, grant any option for the purchase of, or enter into any hedging or similar transaction with the same economic effect as a sale, any Common Shares or other securities of the Company held by Purchaser, for a period of one hundred eighty (180) days following the effective date of a registration statement of the Company filed under the Securities Act or such longer period as necessary to permit compliance with NASD Rule 2711 or NYSE Member Rule 472 and similar rules or regulations (the Lock-Up Period); provided, however, that nothing shall prevent the exercise of the Repurchase Option during the Lock-Up Period. Purchaser further agrees to execute and deliver such other agreements as may be reasonably requested by the Company and/or the underwriter(s) that are consistent with the foregoing or that are necessary to give further effect thereto. In order to enforce the foregoing covenant, the Company may impose stop-transfer instructions with respect to Purchasers Common Shares until the end of such period. The underwriters of the Companys shares are intended third party beneficiaries of this Section 12 and shall have the right, power and authority to enforce the provisions hereof as though they were a party hereto.
13. SECTION 83(b) ELECTION. Purchaser understands that Section 83(a) of the Code taxes as ordinary income the difference between the amount paid for the Common Stock and the fair market value of the Common Stock as of the date any restrictions on the Common Stock lapse. In this context, restriction includes the right of the Company to buy back the Common Stock pursuant to the Repurchase Option set forth above. Purchaser understands that Purchaser may elect to be taxed at the time the Common Stock is purchased, rather than when and as the Repurchase Option expires, by filing an election under Section 83(b) (an 83(b) Election) of the Code with the Internal Revenue Service within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase. Even if the fair market value of the Common Stock at the time of the execution of this Agreement equals the amount paid for the Common Stock, the 83(b) Election must be made to avoid income under Section 83(a) in the future. Purchaser understands that failure to file such an 83(b) Election in a timely manner may result in adverse tax consequences for Purchaser. Purchaser further understands that Purchaser must file an additional copy of such 83(b) Election with his or her federal income tax return for the calendar year in which the date of this Agreement falls. Purchaser acknowledges that the foregoing is only a summary of the effect of United States federal income taxation with respect to purchase of the Common Stock hereunder, and does not purport to be complete. Purchaser further acknowledges that the Company has directed Purchaser to seek independent advice regarding the applicable provisions of the Code, the income tax laws of any municipality, state or foreign country in which Purchaser may reside, and the tax consequences of Purchasers death. Purchaser assumes all responsibility for filing an 83(b) Election and paying all taxes resulting from such election or the lapse of the restrictions on the Common Stock.
14. REFUSAL TO TRANSFER. The Company shall not be required (a) to transfer on its books any Common Shares of the Company which shall have been transferred in violation of any of the provisions set forth in this Agreement, or (b) to treat as owner of such shares or to accord the right to vote as such owner or to pay dividends to any transferee to whom such shares shall have been so transferred.
15. NO EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS. This Agreement is not an employment contract and nothing in this Agreement shall affect in any manner whatsoever the right or power of the Company or its Affiliates to terminate Purchasers employment for any reason at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice.
(a) Notices. All notices required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed effectively given: (a) upon personal delivery to the party to be notified, (b) when sent by confirmed facsimile if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, and if not during normal business hours of the recipient, then on the next business day, (c) five (5) calendar days after having been sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or (d) one (1) business day after deposit with a nationally recognized overnight courier, specifying next day delivery, with written verification of receipt. All communications shall be sent to the other party hereto at such partys address hereinafter set forth on the signature page hereof, or at such other address as such party may designate by ten (10) days advance written notice to the other party hereto.
(b) Successors and Assigns. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of the successors and assigns of the Company and, subject to the restrictions on transfer herein set forth, be binding upon Purchaser, Purchasers successors, and assigns. The Company may assign the Repurchase Option hereunder at any time or from time to time, in whole or in part.
(c) Attorneys Fees; Specific Performance. Purchaser shall reimburse the Company for all costs incurred by the Company in enforcing the performance of, or protecting its rights under, any part of this Agreement, including reasonable costs of investigation and attorneys fees. It is the intention of the parties that the Company, upon exercise of the Repurchase Option and payment for the shares repurchased, pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, shall be entitled to receive the Common Stock, in specie, in order to have such Common Stock available for future issuance without dilution of the holdings of other shareholders. Furthermore, it is expressly agreed between the parties that money damages are inadequate to compensate the Company for the Common Stock and that the Company shall, upon proper exercise of the Repurchase Option, be entitled to specific enforcement of its rights to purchase and receive said Common Stock.
Governing Law; Venue. To the extent that United States federal laws do not otherwise control, this Agreement and all determinations made and actions taken pursuant to this Agreement and the Plan shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of California, and construed accordingly, except for those matters subject to The Companies Act, 1981 of Bermuda (as amended), which shall be governed by Bermuda law, without giving effect to principles of conflicts of laws, and construed accordingly.
(d) The parties agree that any action brought by either party to interpret or enforce any provision of this Agreement shall be brought in, and each party agrees to, and does hereby, submit to the jurisdiction and venue of, the appropriate state or federal court for the district encompassing the Companys principal place of business.
(e) Further Execution. The parties agree to take all such further action(s) as may reasonably be necessary to carry out and consummate this Agreement as soon as practicable, and to take whatever steps may be necessary to obtain any governmental approval in connection with or otherwise qualify the issuance of the securities that are the subject of this Agreement.
(f) Independent Counsel. Purchaser acknowledges that this Agreement has been prepared on behalf of the Company by Cooley LLP, counsel to the Company and that Cooley LLP does not represent, and is not acting on behalf of, Purchaser. Purchaser has been provided with an opportunity to consult with Purchasers own counsel with respect to this Agreement.
(g) Entire Agreement; Amendment. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior agreements or understandings, whether written or oral. This Agreement may not be amended, modified or revoked, in whole or in part, except by an agreement in writing signed by each of the parties hereto.
(h) Severability. If one or more provisions of this Agreement are held to be unenforceable under applicable law, the parties agree to renegotiate such provision in good faith. In the event that the parties cannot reach a mutually agreeable and enforceable replacement for such provision, then (i) such provision shall be excluded from this Agreement, (ii) the balance of the Agreement shall be interpreted as if such provision were so excluded and (iii) the balance of the Agreement shall be enforceable in accordance with its terms.
(i) Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which together shall constitute one instrument.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement as of _______________.
|DERMAVANT SCIENCES LTD.|
|Exhibit A||Assignment Separate from Certificate|
|Exhibit B||Joint Escrow Instructions|
SHARE TRANSFER FORM SEPARATE FROM SHARE CERTIFICATE
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, _______________________ hereby sells, assigns and transfers for value received unto Dermavant Sciences Ltd., an exempted limited company incorporated under the laws of Bermuda (the Company), pursuant to the Repurchase Option under that certain Early Exercise Stock Purchase Agreement, dated _______________ by and between the undersigned and the Company (the Agreement), _______________ (_______________) common shares of the Company standing in the undersigneds name on the books of the Company represented by Certificate No(s). _______________ and does hereby irrevocably constitute and appoint the Companys Secretary attorney-in-fact to transfer said common shares on the books of the Company with full power of substitution in the premises. This share transfer form may be used only in accordance with and subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement, in connection with the repurchase of common shares issued to the undersigned pursuant to the Agreement, and only to the extent that such shares remain subject to the Companys Repurchase Option under the Agreement.
(INSTRUCTION: Please do not fill in any blanks other than the Signature line and the Print Name line.)
JOINT ESCROW INSTRUCTIONS
Dermavant Sciences Ltd.
2 Church Street
Hamilton HM 11, Bermuda
Dear Sir or Madam:
As Escrow Agent for both Dermvant Sciences Ltd., , an exempted limited company incorporated under the laws of Bermuda (Company), and the undersigned purchaser of common shares of the Company (Purchaser), you are hereby authorized and directed to hold the documents delivered to you pursuant to the terms of that certain Early Exercise Stock Purchase Agreement (Agreement), dated _______________ to which a copy of these Joint Escrow Instructions is attached as Exhibit C, in accordance with the following instructions:
1. In the event the Company or an assignee shall elect to exercise the Repurchase Option set forth in the Agreement, the Company or its assignee will give to Purchaser and you a written notice specifying the number of common shares to be purchased, the purchase price, and the time for a closing hereunder at the principal office of the Company. Purchaser and the Company hereby irrevocably authorize and direct you to close the transaction contemplated by such notice in accordance with the terms of said notice.
2. At the closing you are directed (a) to date any share transfer forms necessary for the transfer in question, (b) to fill in the number of shares being transferred, and (c) to deliver same, together with the certificate evidencing the common shares to be transferred, to the Company against the simultaneous delivery to you of the purchase price (which may include suitable acknowledgment of cancellation of indebtedness) of the number of common shares being purchased pursuant to the exercise of the Repurchase Option.
3. Purchaser irrevocably authorizes the Company to deposit with you any certificates evidencing common shares to be held by you hereunder and any additions and substitutions to said shares as specified in the Agreement. Purchaser does hereby irrevocably constitute and appoint you as the Purchasers attorney-in-fact and agent for the term of this escrow to execute with respect to such securities and other property all documents of assignment and/or transfer and all share certificates necessary or appropriate to make all securities negotiable and complete any transaction herein contemplated.
4. This escrow shall terminate and the common shares held hereunder shall be released in full upon the expiration or exercise in full of the Repurchase Option, whichever occurs first.
5. If at the time of termination of this escrow you should have in your possession any documents, securities, or other property belonging to Purchaser, you shall deliver all of same to Purchaser and shall be discharged of all further obligations hereunder; provided, however, that if at the time of termination of this escrow you are advised by the Company that the property subject to this escrow is the subject of a pledge or other security agreement, you shall deliver all such property to the pledgeholder or other person designated by the Company.
6. Except as otherwise provided in these Joint Escrow Instructions, your duties hereunder may be altered, amended, modified or revoked only by a writing signed by all of the parties hereto.
7. You shall be obligated only for the performance of such duties as are specifically set forth herein and may rely and shall be protected in relying or refraining from acting on any instrument reasonably believed by you to be genuine and to have been signed or presented by the proper party or parties or their assignees. You shall not be personally liable for any act you may do or omit to do hereunder as Escrow Agent or as attorney-in-fact for Purchaser while acting in good faith and any act done or omitted by you pursuant to the advice of your own attorneys shall be conclusive evidence of such good faith.
8. You are hereby expressly authorized to disregard any and all warnings given by any of the parties hereto or by any other person or corporation, excepting only orders or process of courts of law, and are hereby expressly authorized to comply with and obey orders, judgments or decrees of any court. In case you obey or comply with any such order, judgment or decree of any court, you shall not be liable to any of the parties hereto or to any other person, firm or corporation by reason of such compliance, notwithstanding any such order, judgment or decree being subsequently reversed, modified, annulled, set aside, vacated or found to have been entered without jurisdiction.
9. You shall not be liable in any respect on account of the identity, authority or rights of the parties executing or delivering or purporting to execute or deliver the Agreement or any documents or papers deposited or called for hereunder.
10. You shall not be liable for the outlawing of any rights under any statute of limitations with respect to these Joint Escrow Instructions or any documents deposited with you.
11. Your responsibilities as Escrow Agent hereunder shall terminate if you shall cease to be Secretary of the Company or if you shall resign by written notice to the Company. In the event of any such termination, the Secretary of the Company shall automatically become the successor Escrow Agent unless the Company shall appoint another successor Escrow Agent, and Purchaser hereby confirms the appointment of such successor as Purchasers attorney-in-fact and agent to the full extent of your appointment.
12. If you reasonably require other or further instruments in connection with these Joint Escrow Instructions or obligations in respect hereto, the necessary parties hereto shall join in furnishing such instruments.
13. It is understood and agreed that should any dispute arise with respect to the delivery and/or ownership or right of possession of the securities, you are authorized and directed to retain in your possession without liability to anyone all or any part of said securities until such dispute shall have been settled either by mutual written agreement of the parties concerned or by a final order, decree or judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction after the time for appeal has expired and no appeal has been perfected, but you shall be under no duty whatsoever to institute or defend any such proceedings.
14. Any notice required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing and shall be deemed effectively given upon personal delivery, including delivery by express courier or five days after deposit in the United States Post Office, by registered or certified mail with postage and fees prepaid, addressed to each of the other parties hereunto entitled at the following addresses, or at such other addresses as a party may designate by ten days advance written notice to each of the other parties hereto:
Dermavant Sciences Ltd.
2 Church Street
Hamilton HM 11, Bermuda
|ESCROW AGENT:|| |
Dermavant Sciences Ltd.
2 Church Street
Hamilton HM 11, Bermuda
Attn: Corporate Secretary
15. By signing these Joint Escrow Instructions you become a party hereto only for the purpose of said Joint Escrow Instructions; you do not become a party to the Agreement.
16. You shall be entitled to employ such legal counsel and other experts (including without limitation the firm of Cooley LLP) as you may deem necessary properly to advise you in connection with your obligations hereunder. You may rely upon the advice of such counsel, and may pay such counsel reasonable compensation therefor. The Company shall be responsible for all fees generated by such legal counsel in connection with your obligations hereunder.
17. This instrument shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns. It is understood and agreed that references to you or your herein refer to the original Escrow Agent and to any and all successor Escrow Agents. It is understood and agreed that the Company may at any time or from time to time assign its rights under the Agreement and these Joint Escrow Instructions in whole or in part.
18. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted and determined in accordance with the laws of the California, as such laws are applied by California courts to contracts made and to be performed entirely in California by residents of that state.
|Very truly yours,|
|DERMAVANT SCIENCES LTD.|
|Secretary, Dermavant Sciences Ltd.|