EX-10.4 3 dcph-20201231xexx104.htm EX-10.4 Document
FORM OF NON-QUALIFIED STOCK OPTION AGREEMENT
FOR COMPANY EMPLOYEES
UNDER DECIPHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
2017 STOCK OPTION AND INCENTIVE PLAN
Name of Optionee:
No. of Option Shares:
Option Exercise Price per Share:
Pursuant to the Deciphera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 2017 Stock Option and Incentive Plan as amended through the date hereof (the “Plan”), Deciphera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (the “Company”) hereby grants to the Optionee named above an option (the “Stock Option”) to purchase on or prior to the Expiration Date specified above all or part of the number of shares of Common Stock, par value $0.01 per share (the “Stock”) of the Company specified above at the Option Exercise Price per Share specified above subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Plan. This Stock Option is not intended to be an “incentive stock option” under Section 422 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
1. Exercisability Schedule. No portion of this Stock Option may be exercised until such portion shall have become exercisable. Except as set forth below, and subject to the discretion of the Administrator (as defined in Section 2 of the Plan) to accelerate the exercisability schedule hereunder, this Stock Option shall vest and become exercisable with respect to the following number of Option Shares on the dates indicated; provided that the Optionee continues to have a Service Relationship at such time. For purposes of this Agreement, “Vesting Commencement Date” shall mean .
[INSERT VESTING SCHEDULE]
# If Vest Type equals “Monthly,” the number of shares shown as exercisable will vest ratably per month from the previous date exercisable until the final date exercisable.
If the Non-Qualified (“NQ”) option is a “sister” grant to an Incentive Stock Option (“ISO”) due to the IRS ISO grant limitations being exceeded, the vesting schedule applies cumulatively to the combined ISO and NQ grant.
Once exercisable, this Stock Option shall continue to be exercisable at any time or times prior to the close of business on the Expiration Date, subject to the provisions hereof and of the Plan.
The vesting of this Stock Option shall accelerate in full if, on or within 12 months following, the consummation of a Change in Control Event, the Optionee's Service Relationship with the Company, any Subsidiary or the acquiring or succeeding entity (or an affiliate thereof) is terminated by the Company, any Subsidiary or such entity without Cause.
“Cause” shall mean, unless otherwise provided in an employment or other service agreement between the Company or any Subsidiary and the Optionee, willful misconduct by the Optionee or willful failure by the Optionee to perform his or her responsibilities to the Company or any Subsidiary (including, without limitation, breach by the Optionee of any provision of any employment, consulting, advisory, nondisclosure, non-competition or other similar agreement between the Optionee and the Company or any Subsidiary), as determined by the Company or any Subsidiary, which determination shall be conclusive. The Optionee shall be considered to have been terminated for Cause if the Company or any Subsidiary determines, within 30 days after the Optionee's resignation, that termination for Cause was warranted.
“Change in Control Event” shall mean, unless otherwise provided in an employment or other service agreement between the Company or any Subsidiary and the Optionee:
(i) the acquisition after the date hereof by an individual, entity or group (within the meaning of Section 13(d)(3) or 14(d)(2) of the Exchange Act (a “Person”) of (x) beneficial ownership (within the meaning of Rule 13d-3 under the Exchange Act) of any equity or membership interest in the Company if, after (but not before) such acquisition, such Person beneficially owns (within the meaning of Rule 13d-3 under the Exchange Act) more than 50% of the combined voting power of the then-outstanding equity or membership interests of the Company having the right to elect directors of the Company (or otherwise having the right to direct the operation and management of the Company), or (y) the sole power, by the terms of the organizational documents of the Company or by contract, to direct the operation and management of the Company; provided, however, that for purposes of this subsection (1), the following acquisitions shall not constitute a Change in Control: (i) any acquisition directly from the Company (excluding an acquisition pursuant to the exercise, conversion or exchange of any security exercisable for, convertible into or exchangeable for voting securities of the Company, unless the Person exercising, converting or exchanging such security acquired such security directly from the Company or an underwriter or agent of the Company), (ii) any acquisition by the Company, (iii) any acquisition by any employee benefit plan (or related trust) sponsored or maintained by the Company or any corporation controlling or controlled by the Company, or (iv) any acquisition by any entity pursuant to a Sale (as defined below) which complies with clauses (x) and (y) of subsection (ii) of this definition; or
(ii) the consummation of a sale or other disposition of all or substantially all of the assets of the Company (a “Sale”), unless, immediately following such Sale, each of the following two conditions is satisfied: (x) all or substantially all of the individuals and entities who were the beneficial owners of the equity or membership interests in the Company immediately prior to such Sale beneficially own, directly or indirectly, more than 50% of the then-outstanding equity or membership interests and the combined voting power of the then-outstanding securities having the right to elect directors (or otherwise having the right to
direct the operation and management), respectively, of the resulting or acquiring entity in such Sale (which shall include, without limitation, an entity which as a result of such transaction owns the Company or substantially all of the Company's assets either directly or through one or more subsidiaries) (such resulting or acquiring entity is referred to herein as the “Acquiring Entity”) in substantially the same proportions as their ownership of the equity or membership interest in the Company immediately prior to such Sale and (y) no Person (excluding any employee benefit plan (or related trust) maintained or sponsored by the Company or by the Acquiring Entity) beneficially owns, directly or indirectly, 50% or more of the then-outstanding equity or membership interests in the Acquiring Entity or of the combined voting power of the then-outstanding securities of such entity having the right to elect directors (or otherwise having the right to direct the operation and management of such entity) (except to the extent that such ownership existed prior to the Sale).
Notwithstanding any other provision in this definition, where required to avoid additional taxation under Section 409A of the Code, the event that occurs must also be a “change in the ownership or effective control of a corporation, or a change in the ownership of a substantial portion of the assets of a corporation” as defined in Treas. Reg. Section 1.409A‑3(i)(5).
“Service Relationship” means any relationship as an employee, director or consultant of the Company or any Subsidiary (e.g., a Service Relationship shall be deemed to continue without interruption in the event an individual’s status changes from full-time employee to part-time employee or consultant).
2. Manner of Exercise.
(a) The Optionee may exercise this Stock Option only in the following manner: from time to time on or prior to the Expiration Date of this Stock Option, the Optionee may give written notice to the Administrator of his or her election to purchase some or all of the Option Shares purchasable at the time of such notice. This notice shall specify the number of Option Shares to be purchased.
Payment of the purchase price for the Option Shares may be made by one or more of the following methods: (i) in cash, by certified or bank check or other instrument acceptable to the Administrator; (ii) to the extent permitted by the Administrator, through the delivery (or attestation to the ownership) of shares of Stock that have been purchased by the Optionee on the open market or that are beneficially owned by the Optionee and are not then subject to any restrictions under any Company plan and that otherwise satisfy any holding periods as may be required by the Administrator; (iii) by the Optionee delivering to the Company a properly executed exercise notice together with irrevocable instructions to a broker to promptly deliver to the Company cash or a check payable and acceptable to the Company to pay the option purchase price, provided that in the event the Optionee chooses to pay the option purchase price as so provided, the Optionee and the broker shall comply with such procedures and enter into such agreements of indemnity and other agreements as the Administrator shall prescribe as a condition of such payment procedure; (iv) by a “net exercise” arrangement pursuant to which the Company will reduce the number of shares of Stock issuable upon exercise by the largest whole number of shares with a Fair Market Value that does not exceed the aggregate exercise price; or (v) a
combination of (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) above. Payment instruments will be received subject to collection.
The transfer to the Optionee on the records of the Company or of the transfer agent of the Option Shares will be contingent upon (i) the Company's receipt from the Optionee of the full purchase price for the Option Shares, as set forth above, (ii) the fulfillment of any other requirements contained herein or in the Plan or in any other agreement or provision of laws, and (iii) the receipt by the Company of any agreement, statement or other evidence that the Company may require to satisfy itself that the issuance of Stock to be purchased pursuant to the exercise of Stock Options under the Plan and any subsequent resale of the shares of Stock will be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In the event the Optionee chooses to pay the purchase price by previously-owned shares of Stock through the attestation method, the number of shares of Stock transferred to the Optionee upon the exercise of the Stock Option shall be net of the shares of Stock attested to.
(b) The shares of Stock purchased upon exercise of this Stock Option shall be transferred to the Optionee on the records of the Company or of the transfer agent upon compliance to the satisfaction of the Administrator with all requirements under applicable laws or regulations in connection with such transfer and with the requirements hereof and of the Plan. The determination of the Administrator as to such compliance shall be final and binding on the Optionee. The Optionee shall not be deemed to be the holder of, or to have any of the rights of a holder with respect to, any shares of Stock subject to this Stock Option unless and until this Stock Option shall have been exercised pursuant to the terms hereof, the Company or the transfer agent shall have transferred the shares to the Optionee, and the Optionee's name shall have been entered as the stockholder of record on the books of the Company. Thereupon, the Optionee shall have full voting, dividend and other ownership rights with respect to such shares of Stock.
(c) The minimum number of shares with respect to which this Stock Option may be exercised at any one time shall be 100 shares, unless the number of shares with respect to which this Stock Option is being exercised is the total number of shares subject to exercise under this Stock Option at the time.
(d) Notwithstanding any other provision hereof or of the Plan, no portion of this Stock Option shall be exercisable after the Expiration Date hereof.
3. Termination of Service Relationship. If the Optionee's Service Relationship is terminated, the period within which to exercise the Stock Option may be subject to earlier termination as set forth below.
(a) Termination Due to Death. If the Optionee's Service Relationship terminates by reason of the Optionee's death, any portion of this Stock Option outstanding on such date, to the extent exercisable on the date of death, may thereafter be exercised by the Optionee's legal representative or legatee for a period of 12 months from the date of death or until the Expiration Date, if earlier. Any portion of this Stock Option that is not exercisable on the date of death shall terminate immediately and be of no further force or effect.
(b) Termination Due to Disability. If the Optionee's Service Relationship terminates by reason of the Optionee's disability (as determined by the Administrator), any portion of this Stock Option outstanding on such date, to the extent exercisable on the date of such termination, may thereafter be exercised by the Optionee for a period of 12 months from the date of termination or until the Expiration Date, if earlier. Any portion of this Stock Option that is not exercisable on the date of termination shall terminate immediately and be of no further force or effect.
(c) Termination for Cause. If the Optionee's Service Relationship terminates for Cause, any portion of this Stock Option outstanding on such date shall terminate immediately and be of no further force and effect.
(d) Other Termination. If the Optionee's Service Relationship terminates for any reason other than the Optionee's death, the Optionee's disability or Cause, and unless otherwise determined by the Administrator, any portion of this Stock Option outstanding on such date may be exercised, to the extent exercisable on the date of termination, for a period of three months from the date of termination or until the Expiration Date, if earlier. Any portion of this Stock Option that is not exercisable on the date of termination shall terminate immediately and be of no further force or effect.
The Administrator's determination of the reason for termination of the Optionee's Service Relationship shall be conclusive and binding on the Optionee and his or her representatives or legatees.
4. Incorporation of Plan. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, this Stock Option shall be subject to and governed by all the terms and conditions of the Plan, including the powers of the Administrator set forth in Section 2(b) of the Plan. Capitalized terms in this Agreement shall have the meaning specified in the Plan, unless a different meaning is specified herein.
5. Transferability. This Agreement is personal to the Optionee, is non-assignable and is not transferable in any manner, by operation of law or otherwise, other than by will or the laws of descent and distribution. This Stock Option is exercisable, during the Optionee's lifetime, only by the Optionee, and thereafter, only by the Optionee's legal representative or legatee.
6. Tax Withholding. The Optionee shall, not later than the date as of which the exercise of this Stock Option becomes a taxable event for Federal income tax purposes, pay to the Company or make arrangements satisfactory to the Administrator for payment of any Federal, state, and local taxes required by law to be withheld on account of such taxable event. The Company shall have the authority to cause the required tax withholding obligation to be satisfied, in whole or in part, by withholding from shares of Stock to be issued to the Optionee a number of shares of Stock with an aggregate Fair Market Value that would satisfy the withholding amount due; provided, however, that the amount withheld does not exceed the maximum statutory tax rate or such lesser amount as is necessary to avoid adverse accounting treatment or as determined by the Administrator.
7. No Obligation to Continue Service Relationship. Neither the Company nor any Subsidiary is obligated by or as a result of the Plan or this Agreement to continue the Optionee’s Service Relationship and neither the Plan nor this Agreement shall interfere in any way with the right of the Company or any Subsidiary to terminate the Service Relationship of the Optionee at any time.
8. Integration. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to this Stock Option and supersedes all prior agreements and discussions between the parties concerning such subject matter.
9. Data Privacy Consent. In order to administer the Plan and this Agreement and to implement or structure future equity grants, the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates and certain agents thereof (together, the “Relevant Companies”) may process any and all personal or professional data, including but not limited to Social Security or other identification number, home address and telephone number, date of birth and other information that is necessary or desirable for the administration of the Plan and/or this Agreement (the “Relevant Information”). By entering into this Agreement, the Optionee (i) authorizes the Company to collect, process, register and transfer to the Relevant Companies all Relevant Information; (ii) waives any privacy rights the Optionee may have with respect to the Relevant Information; (iii) authorizes the Relevant Companies to store and transmit such information in electronic form; and (iv) authorizes the transfer of the Relevant Information to any jurisdiction in which the Relevant Companies consider appropriate. The Optionee shall have access to, and the right to change, the Relevant Information. Relevant Information will only be used in accordance with applicable law.
10. Notices. Notices hereunder shall be mailed or delivered to the Company at its principal place of business and shall be mailed or delivered to the Optionee at the address on file with the Company or, in either case, at such other address as one party may subsequently furnish to the other party in writing.
[Remainder of page intentionally left blank.]
DECIPHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
The foregoing Agreement is hereby accepted and the terms and conditions thereof hereby agreed to by the undersigned. Electronic acceptance of this Agreement pursuant to the Company's instructions to the Optionee (including through an online acceptance process) is acceptable.
Optionee's name and address: