EX-10.3 3 f10q0620ex10-3_cohbarinc.htm FORM OF NONTRANSFERABLE COMMON STOCK PURCHASE WARRANT ISSUED AUGUST 2020
THIS WARRANT AND THE UNDERLYING SECURITIES HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “ACT”), OR UNDER THE SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY STATE. THESE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE OFFERED, SOLD OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED, PLEDGED OR HYPOTHECATED EXCEPT AS PERMITTED UNDER THE ACT AND APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OR AN EXEMPTION THEREFROM. THE ISSUER OF THESE SECURITIES MAY REQUIRE AN OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY TO THE ISSUER THAT SUCH OFFER, SALE, TRANSFER, PLEDGE OR HYPOTHECATION OTHERWISE COMPLIES WITH THE ACT AND ANY APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY: UNLESS PERMITTED UNDER SECURITIES LEGISLATION, THE HOLDER OF THIS SECURITY MUST NOT TRADE THE SECURITY BEFORE THE DATE THAT IS 4 MONTHS AND A DAY AFTER THE ORIGINAL ISSUE DATE SET FORTH BELOW.
COMMON STOCK PURCHASE WARRANT
|Warrant No. 2020 – [__] ||Original Issue Date: August [__], 2020 (“Original Issue Date”)|
COHBAR, INC., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), hereby certifies that, for value received, [__] (the “Holder”), is entitled to purchase from the Company up to a total of [__] shares of common stock, $0.001 par value (the “Common Stock”), of the Company (each such share, a “Warrant Share” and all such shares, the “Warrant Shares”) at the Exercise Price (defined below) at any time and from time to time on or after the six-month anniversary of the Original Issue Date and through and including 5:00 P.M., New York City time, on March 29, 2026 (the “Expiration Date”), subject to the following terms and conditions. All such warrants are referred to herein, collectively, as the “Warrants.”
“Affiliate” of a person means a person that, directly or indirectly through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, the person specified.
“Exercise Price” means an amount equal to USD $2.00 per share (as may be adjusted from time to time as provided herein).
“Person” means an individual, a limited liability company, a partnership, a joint venture, a corporation, a trust, an unincorporated organization and a government or any department or agency thereof.
“Trading Day” means any day on which trading of the Common Stock occurs on the applicable Trading Market.
“Trading Market” means the NASDAQ capital market or another national securities exchange (as defined in Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) on which the Company’s Common Stock may be listed, or, if the Company’s Common Stock is not then listed on the NASDAQ capital market or a national securities exchange, then such exchange or quotation system on which the Common Stock then primarily trades.
2. No Transfer. The Company shall register this Warrant, upon records to be maintained by the Company for that purpose (the “Warrant Register”), in the name of Holder. This Warrant may not be assigned or transferred by Holder.
3. Exercise and Duration of Warrants.
(a) All or any part of this Warrant shall be exercisable by Holder in any manner permitted by Section 9 hereof at any time and from time to time on or after the Original Issue Date and through and including the Expiration Date. At 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on the Expiration Date, the portion of this Warrant not exercised prior thereto shall be and become void and of no value and this Warrant shall be terminated and no longer outstanding.
(b) The Holder may exercise this Warrant by delivering to the Company (i) an exercise notice, in the form attached hereto (the “Exercise Notice”), completed and duly signed, and (ii) payment of the Exercise Price for the number of Warrant Shares as to which this Warrant is being exercised in the manner indicated on the Exercise Notice. The date such items are delivered to the Company (as determined in accordance with the notice provisions hereof) is an “Exercise Date.” The Holder shall not be required to deliver the original Warrant in order to effect an exercise hereunder. Execution and delivery of the Exercise Notice shall have the same effect as cancellation of the original Warrant and issuance of a new Warrant (the “New Warrant”) evidencing the right to purchase the remaining number of Warrant Shares.
4. Delivery of Warrant Shares.
(a) Upon exercise of this Warrant, the Company shall promptly (but in no event later than three Trading Days after the Exercise Date) issue or cause to be issued and cause to be delivered to or upon the written order of Holder in such name or names as the Holder may designate (provided that, if a registration statement registering the resale of the Warrant Shares by the Holder is not then effective and the Holder directs the Company to deliver a certificate for the Warrant Shares in a name other than that of the Holder or an Affiliate of the Holder, such delivery shall be subject to Holder’s compliance with Section 13). The Holder, or any Person permissibly so designated by the Holder to receive Warrant Shares, shall be deemed to have become the holder of record of such Warrant Shares as of the Exercise Date.
(b) To the extent permitted by law, the Company’s obligations to issue and deliver Warrant Shares in accordance with the terms hereof are absolute and unconditional, irrespective of any action or inaction by the Holder to enforce the same, any waiver or consent with respect to any provision hereof, the recovery of any judgment against any Person or any action to enforce the same, or any setoff, counterclaim, recoupment, limitation or termination, or any breach or alleged breach by the Holder or any other Person of any obligation to the Company or any violation or alleged violation of law by the Holder or any other Person, and irrespective of any other circumstance that might otherwise limit such obligation of the Company to the Holder in connection with the issuance of Warrant Shares. Nothing herein shall limit a Holder’s right to pursue any other remedies available to it hereunder, at law or in equity including, without limitation, a decree of specific performance and/or injunctive relief with respect to the Company’s failure to timely deliver certificates representing shares of Common Stock upon exercise of the Warrant as required pursuant to the terms hereof.
5. Charges, Taxes and Expenses. Issuance and delivery of certificates for shares of Common Stock upon exercise of this Warrant shall be made without charge to the Holder for any issue or transfer tax, withholding tax, transfer agent fee or other incidental tax or expense in respect of the issuance of such certificates, all of which taxes and expenses shall be paid by the Company; provided, however, that the Company shall not be required to pay any tax that may be payable in respect of any transfer involved in the registration of any certificates for Warrant Shares or Warrants in a name other than that of the Holder. The Holder shall be responsible for all other tax liability that may arise as a result of holding or transferring this Warrant or receiving Warrant Shares upon exercise hereof.
6. Replacement of Warrant. If this Warrant is mutilated, lost, stolen or destroyed, the Company shall issue or cause to be issued in exchange and substitution for and upon cancellation hereof, or in lieu of and substitution for this Warrant, a New Warrant, but only upon receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of such loss, theft or destruction and customary and reasonable indemnity (which shall not include a surety bond), if requested. Applicants for a New Warrant under such circumstances shall also comply with such other reasonable regulations and procedures and pay such other reasonable third-party costs as the Company may prescribe. If a New Warrant is requested as a result of a mutilation of this Warrant, then the Holder shall deliver such mutilated Warrant to the Company as a condition precedent to the Company’s obligation to issue the New Warrant.
7. Reservation of Warrant Shares; Listing. The Company covenants that it will at all times reserve and keep available out of the aggregate of its authorized but unissued and otherwise unreserved Common Stock, solely for the purpose of enabling it to issue Warrant Shares upon exercise of this Warrant as herein provided, the number of Warrant Shares that are then issuable and deliverable upon the exercise of this entire Warrant, free from preemptive rights or any other contingent purchase rights of persons other than the Holder (taking into account the adjustments and restrictions of Section 8 hereof). The Company covenants that all Warrant Shares so issuable and deliverable shall, upon issuance and the payment of the applicable Exercise Price in accordance with the terms hereof, be duly and validly authorized, issued and fully paid and nonassessable.
8. Certain Adjustments. The Exercise Price and number of Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant are subject to adjustment from time to time as set forth in this Section 8.
(a) Stock Dividends and Splits. If the Company, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, (i) pays a stock dividend on its Common Stock or otherwise makes a distribution on any class of capital stock that is payable in shares of Common Stock; (ii) subdivides outstanding shares of Common Stock into a larger number of shares; or (iii) combines outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares, then in each such case the Exercise Price shall be multiplied by a fraction of which the numerator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately before such event and of which the denominator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event. Any adjustment made pursuant to clause (i) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the record date for the determination of stockholders entitled to receive such dividend or distribution, and any adjustment pursuant to clause (ii) or (iii) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the effective date of such subdivision or combination.
(b) Pro Rata Distributions. If the Company, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, distributes to all holders of Common Stock for no consideration (i) evidences of its indebtedness; (ii) any security (other than a distribution of Common Stock covered by the preceding paragraph); (iii) rights or warrants to subscribe for or purchase any security; or (iv) any other asset (including cash) (in each case, “Distributed Property”), then, upon any exercise of this Warrant that occurs after the record date fixed for determination of stockholders entitled to receive such distribution, the Holder shall be entitled to receive, in addition to the Warrant Shares otherwise issuable upon such exercise (if applicable), the Distributed Property that such Holder would have been entitled to receive in respect of such number of Warrant Shares had the Holder been the record holder of such Warrant Shares immediately prior to such record date.
(c) Fundamental Transactions. If, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding (i) the Company effects any merger or consolidation of the Company with or into another Person, in which the shareholders of the Company as of immediately prior to the transaction own less than a majority of the outstanding stock of the surviving entity; (ii) the Company effects any sale of all or substantially all of its assets in one or a series of related transactions; (iii) any tender offer or exchange offer (whether by the Company or another Person) is completed pursuant to which holders of a majority of the outstanding shares of Common Stock tender or exchange their shares for other securities, cash or property; or (iv) the Company effects any reclassification of all outstanding Common Stock or any compulsory share exchange pursuant to which all outstanding Common Stock is effectively converted into or exchanged for other securities, cash or property (each, a “Fundamental Transaction”), then the Holder shall have the right thereafter to receive, upon any subsequent exercise of this Warrant, the same amount and kind of securities, cash or property as it would have been entitled to receive upon the occurrence of such Fundamental Transaction if it had been, immediately prior to such Fundamental Transaction, the holder of the number of Warrant Shares then issuable upon exercise in full of this Warrant (the “Alternate Consideration”). The Company shall not effect any such Fundamental Transaction unless prior to or simultaneously with the consummation thereof, any successor to the Company, surviving entity or the corporation purchasing or otherwise acquiring such assets or other appropriate corporation or entity shall assume the obligation to deliver to the Holder, such Alternate Consideration as, in accordance with the foregoing provisions, the Holder may be entitled to purchase, and the other obligations under this Warrant.
(d) Number of Warrant Shares. Simultaneously with any adjustment to the Exercise Price pursuant to paragraph (a) of this Section 8, the number of Warrant Shares that may be purchased upon exercise of this Warrant shall be increased or decreased proportionately, so that after such adjustment the aggregate Exercise Price payable hereunder for the adjusted number of Warrant Shares shall be the same as the aggregate Exercise Price in effect immediately prior to such adjustment.
9. Payment of Exercise Price. The Holder shall pay the Exercise Price by (i) wire transfer to the Company or cashier’s check drawn on a United States bank made payable to the order of the Company or (ii) by the cancellation of indebtedness of the Company under the Note in an amount equal to the Exercise Price.
10. No Fractional Shares. No fractional Warrant Shares will be issued in connection with any exercise of this Warrant. In lieu of any fractional shares that would otherwise be issuable, the Company shall pay cash equal to the product of such fraction multiplied by the closing price of one Warrant Share as reported by the applicable Trading Market on the Exercise Date.
11. Notices. Any and all notices or other communications or deliveries hereunder (including, without limitation, any Exercise Notice) shall be in writing and shall be deemed given and effective on the earliest of (i) the date of confirmed transmission, if such notice or communication is delivered via e-mail as specified in this Section 11 at or prior to 5:00 p.m. (New York City time) on a Trading Day, (ii) the next Trading Day after the date of confirmed transmission, if such notice or communication is delivered by e-mail as specified in this Section 11 on a day that is not a Trading Day or later than 5:00 p.m. (New York City time) on any Trading Day, (iii) the Trading Day following the date of mailing, if sent by nationally recognized overnight courier service, or (iv) upon receipt if sent by mail or other courier. The addresses for such notices or communications shall be: (a) if to the Company, to CohBar, Inc., 1455 Adams Drive, Suite 2050, Menlo Park, CA 94025, Attention: Chief Financial Officer, Email: ***@*** (or such other address as the Company shall indicate in writing in accordance with this Section 11) or (b) if to the Holder, to the address or e-mail address appearing on the Warrant Register (or such other address as the Holder shall indicate in writing in accordance with this Section 11).
12. Warrant Agent. The Company shall serve as warrant agent under this Warrant. Upon 10 days’ notice to the Holder, the Company may appoint a new warrant agent. Any corporation into which the Company or any new warrant agent may be merged or any corporation resulting from any consolidation to which the Company or any new warrant agent shall be a party or any corporation to which the Company or any new warrant agent transfers substantially all of its corporate trust or shareholders services business shall be a successor warrant agent under this Warrant without any further act. Any such successor warrant agent shall promptly cause notice of its succession as warrant agent to be delivered to the Holder in accordance with Section 11.
13. Compliance with Securities Laws.
(a) The Holder understands that this Warrant and the Warrant Shares are characterized as “restricted securities” under the federal securities laws inasmuch as they are being acquired from the Company in a transaction not involving a public offering and that under such laws and applicable regulations this Warrant and the Warrant Shares may be resold without registration under the Securities Act only in certain limited circumstances. In this connection, the Holder represents that it is familiar with Rule 144 under the Securities Act, as presently in effect, and understands the resale limitations imposed thereby and by the Securities Act.
(b) Prior and as a condition to the sale or transfer of the Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant, the Holder shall furnish to the Company such certificates, representations, agreements and other information, including an opinion of counsel, as the Company or the Company’s transfer agent reasonably may require to confirm that such sale or transfer is being made pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act, unless such Warrant Shares are being sold or transferred pursuant to an effective registration statement.
(c) The Holder acknowledges that the Company may place a restrictive legend on the Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant in order to comply with applicable securities laws, in substantially the following form and substance, unless such Warrant Shares are otherwise freely tradable under Rule 144 of the Securities Act and applicable Canadian securities legislation, as applicable.
THESE SECURITIES HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “ACT”), OR UNDER THE SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY STATE. THESE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE OFFERED, SOLD OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED, PLEDGED OR HYPOTHECATED EXCEPT AS PERMITTED UNDER THE ACT AND APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OR AN EXEMPTION THEREFROM. THE ISSUER OF THESE SECURITIES MAY REQUIRE AN OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY TO THE ISSUER THAT SUCH OFFER, SALE, TRANSFER, PLEDGE OR HYPOTHECATION OTHERWISE COMPLIES WITH THE ACT AND ANY APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS.
(a) This Warrant shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. Subject to the preceding sentence, nothing in this Warrant shall be construed to give to any Person other than the Company and the Holder any legal or equitable right, remedy or cause of action under this Warrant. This Warrant may be amended only in writing signed by the Company and the Holder, or their successors and assigns.
(b) All questions concerning the construction, validity, enforcement and interpretation of this Warrant shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law thereof. Each party agrees that all legal proceedings concerning the interpretations, enforcement and defense of this Warrant and the transactions herein contemplated (“Proceedings”) (whether brought against a party hereto or its respective Affiliates, employees or agents) shall be commenced exclusively in the courts of the State of Delaware or the federal courts located therein (the “Delaware Courts”). Each party hereto hereby irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Delaware Courts for the adjudication of any dispute hereunder or in connection herewith or with any transaction contemplated hereby or discussed herein, and hereby irrevocably waives, and agrees not to assert in any Proceeding, any claim that it is not personally subject to the jurisdiction of any Delaware Court, or that such Proceeding has been commenced in an improper or inconvenient forum. Each party hereto hereby irrevocably waives personal service of process and consents to process being served in any such Proceeding by mailing a copy thereof via registered or certified mail or overnight delivery (with evidence of delivery) to such party at the address in effect for notices to it under this Warrant and agrees that such service shall constitute good and sufficient service of process and notice thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to limit in any way any right to serve process in any manner permitted by law. Each party hereto hereby irrevocably waives, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any and all right to trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to this Warrant or the transactions contemplated hereby. If either party shall commence a Proceeding to enforce any provisions of this Warrant, then the prevailing party in such Proceeding shall be reimbursed by the other party for its attorney’s fees and other costs and expenses incurred with the investigation, preparation and prosecution of such Proceeding.
(c) The headings herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of this Warrant and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
(d) In case any one or more of the provisions of this Warrant shall be invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and provisions of this Warrant shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby and the parties will attempt in good faith to agree upon a valid and enforceable provision which shall be a commercially reasonable substitute therefore, and upon so agreeing, shall incorporate such substitute provision in this Warrant.
(e) Prior to exercise of this Warrant, the Holder hereof shall not, by reason of by being a Holder, be entitled to any rights of a stockholder with respect to the Warrant Shares.
[signature page follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Warrant to be issued effective as of the date first indicated above.
|By: || || |
|Name: ||Jeffrey Biunno || |
|Title: ||Chief Financial Officer || |
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
To be completed and signed only upon exercise of Warrant
1455 Adams Drive, Suite 2050,
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Attention: Chief Financial Officer
The undersigned Holder hereby irrevocably elects to exercise the attached Warrant as to:
______________ shares of Common Stock of CohBar, Inc. (the “Company”); and tenders herewith payment of
$ ____________ as the exercise price (“Exercise Price”) thereof by:
| ||☐ ||cash payment, or|
| ||☐ ||cancellation of Company indebtedness under the Note (as defined in the Warrant) in an amount equal to the Exercise Price|
By its signature below the undersigned Holder hereby represents and warrants that it is an “accredited investor” as defined in Rule 501(a) of Regulation D promulgated under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of the attached Warrant as of the date hereof, including Section 13 thereof.
The undersigned requests that certificates representing said shares be issued in the name and delivered to the address specified below:
| ||(Signature must conform in all respects to name of the Holder as specified on the face of the Warrant)|
| || |
| || |