EX-10.7 8 ex_242508.htm EXHIBIT 10.7
THESE SECURITIES HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS. THESE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, TRANSFERRED, ASSIGNED, PLEDGED OR HYPOTHECATED IN THE ABSENCE OF AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE SECURITIES UNDER SUCH ACT, OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY IN ITS REASONABLE JUDGMENT THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER SUCH ACT AND APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS.
CLS HOLDINGS USA, INC.
Warrant for the Purchase of Common Stock,
par value $0.001 per share
|No. ____________ ||____________ Shares |
|Date: __________ || |
THIS CERTIFIES that, for good and valuable consideration, ___________________________________________________ (together with its successors and permitted assigns, the “Holder”), with an address at ______________________________________ is entitled to subscribe for and purchase from CLS HOLDINGS USA,INC. (the “Company”), upon the terms and conditions set forth herein, in whole or in part, at any time, or from time to time, after the date hereof and before 5:00 p.m. on a date that is not later than thirty-six (36) months after the earlier of: (i) the date this Warrant is issued according to the date set forth above; or (ii) the effectiveness of a registration statement under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, relating to the Warrant Shares (as defined below) (the “Exercise Period”), that number of shares of the Company’s common stock set forth above, par value $0.001 per share (“Common Stock”), at a price of $_______ per share (the “Exercise Price”), as same may be adjusted as provided for herein (the “Warrant Shares”).
1. To the extent otherwise exercisable, this Warrant may be exercised during the Exercise Period as to the whole or any portion of the number of Warrant Shares, by (i) delivery of a written notice, in the form of the exercise notice attached hereto as Exhibit A (the “Exercise Notice”), of such Holder’s election to exercise this Warrant, which notice shall specify the number of Warrant Shares to be purchased, (ii) delivery of this Warrant to the Company, and (iii) either (a) payment to the Company of an amount equal to the Exercise Price multiplied by the number of Warrant Shares to be exercised (plus any applicable issue or transfer taxes) (the “Aggregate Exercise Price”) in cash, or by means of bank check or wire transfer of immediately available funds, or (b) if at the time the Company delivers a Mandatory Exercise Notice to the Holder, the Warrant Shares are not subject to an effective registration statement, delivery of an election to receive upon such exercise the “Net Number” of shares of Common Stock determined according to the following formula (the “Cashless Exercise”):
Net Number = (A x B) – (A x C)
For purposes of the foregoing formula:
A = the total number of Warrant Shares with respect to which this Warrant is then being exercised.
B = the closing bid price of the Common Stock on the date of exercise of the Warrant.
C = the Warrant Exercise Price then in effect for the applicable Warrant Shares at the time of such exercise.
In the event that the exercise of this Warrant is for less than all of the Warrant Shares purchasable under this Warrant, the Company shall cause to be issued in the name of and delivered to the Holder hereof or as the Holder may direct, as soon as practicable, a new Warrant or Warrants of like tenor, for the balance of the Warrant Shares purchasable hereunder.
2. Upon the exercise of the Holder’s right to purchase Warrant Shares granted pursuant to this Warrant, the Holder shall be deemed to be the holder of record of the number of Warrant Shares issuable upon such exercise, notwithstanding that the transfer books of the Company shall then be closed or certificates representing such Warrant Shares shall not then have been actually delivered to the Holder. As soon as practicable after the exercise of this Warrant, the Company shall issue and deliver to the Holder a certificate or certificates for the applicable number of Warrant Shares, registered in the name of the Holder. No fractional shares of Common Stock are to be issued upon exercise of this Warrant, but rather the number of shares of Common Stock issued upon exercise of this Warrant shall be rounded up or down to the nearest whole number.
3. (a) The Company shall maintain at its principal executive offices (or such other office or agency of the Company as it may designate by notice to the Holder hereof), a register for this Warrant, in which the Company shall record the name and address of the person in whose name this Warrant has been issued, as well as the name and address of each transferee upon receipt of a duly executed warrant power in the form of Exhibit B hereto. The Company may treat the person in whose name any Warrant is registered on the register as the owner and holder thereof for all purposes, notwithstanding any notice to the contrary
(b) The Company shall at all times reserve and keep available out of its authorized and unissued Common Stock, solely for the purpose of providing for the exercise of the rights to purchase all Warrant Shares granted pursuant to this Warrant, such number of shares of Common Stock as shall be sufficient therefor. The Company covenants that all shares of Common Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant, upon receipt by the Company of the purchase price therefor, shall be validly issued, fully paid and nonassessable.
(c) The Company, upon ten (10) days prior notice to the Holder (a “Mandatory Exercise Notice”), at any time prior to expiration of the Exercise Period, may demand that the Investor exercise this Warrant, in its entirety, if the closing bid price of the Shares equals or exceeds $0.80 (subject to adjustments as set forth in Section 4 of this Warrant) for twenty (20) consecutive business days. Should the Investor fail to exercise the Warrant in its entirety within thirty (30) days after receiving the Company’s demand, the Warrant shall expire and be of no further force or effect.
4. (a) In the event that the outstanding shares of Common Stock are changed into a different number of shares of Common Stock by reason of any recapitalization, reclassification, stock split-up, combination of shares or dividend payable in shares of the Company or an otherwise similar event, appropriate adjustment shall be made in the number and kind of securities as to which this Warrant shall be exercisable, to the end that the proportionate interest of the Holder immediately after the occurrence of such event shall equal the proportionate interest of the Holder immediately before the occurrence of such event. Such adjustment shall be made without change in the total Exercise Price applicable to this Warrant but with corresponding adjustments in the number of shares of Common Stock underlying the Warrant and Exercise Price per share evidenced by this Warrant. To illustrate: In the event of a reverse split in the ratio of 1:3, if this Warrant was for 75,000 Shares, the Exercise Price would become $1.20 and the number of underlying shares of Common Stock would be reduced to 25,000.
(b) In case of any consolidation with or merger of the Company with or into another corporation or entity (other than a merger or consolidation in which the Company is the surviving or continuing corporation), or in case of any sale, conveyance or lease to another person or entity of the property of the Company as an entirety or substantially as an entirety, such successor or purchasing person or entity, as the case may be, shall (i) execute in favor of the Holder an agreement or instrument providing that the Holder shall have the right thereafter to receive upon exercise of this Warrant solely the kind and amount of shares of stock or other securities, property, cash or any combination thereof receivable upon such consolidation, merger, sale, lease or conveyance by a holder of the number of shares of Common Stock for which this Warrant might have been exercised immediately prior to such event, (ii) make effective provision in its certificate of incorporation or otherwise, if necessary, in order to effect such agreement and (iii) set aside or reserve, for the benefit of the Holder, the stock, securities, property and/or cash to which the Holder would be entitled upon exercise of this Warrant; provided, that, nothing contained in this paragraph 4(b) shall be interpreted so as to preclude the Holder from exercising this Warrant, in whole or in part, at any time prior to the consummation of any such consolidation, merger, sale, lease or conveyance.
(c) The above provisions of this paragraph 4 shall similarly apply to successive consolidations, mergers, sales, leases, issuances or conveyances.
(a) In case at any time the Company shall propose:
| || |
to pay any dividend or make any distribution on shares of Common Stock in shares of common stock, or make any other distribution (other than regularly scheduled cash dividends) to all holders of common stock; or
| || |
to issue any rights, warrants or other securities to all holders of the Company’s common stock entitling them to purchase any additional shares of common stock or any other rights, warrants or other securities; or
| || |
to effect any reclassification or recapitalization of the Company’s common stock, or any consolidation or merger; or
| || |
to effect any liquidation, dissolution or winding-up of the Company; or
| || |
to issue any shares of its Common Stock, or securities convertible or exercisable into its Common Stock, at a price per share lower than the Exercise Price, if such price is also lower than the market price for its Common Stock on such date;
then, and in any one or more of such cases, the Company shall give written notice thereof, by registered mail, postage prepaid, to the Holder at the Holder’s address as it shall appear in the Warrant Register, mailed at least ten (10) days prior to the date on which any such event is expected to occur.
(b) If and whenever on or after the date of this Warrant, the Company issues or sells any shares of Common Stock (including the issuance or sale of shares of Common Stock owned or held by or for the account of the Company, but excluding shares of Common Stock deemed to have been issued by the Company in connection with any Excluded Securities (as defined below) for a consideration per share (the “New Issuance Price”) less than the Exercise Price in effect immediately prior to such issue or sale or deemed issuance or sale (the foregoing a “Dilutive Issuance”), then immediately after such Dilutive Issuance, the Exercise Price then in effect shall be reduced to the New Issue Price. “Excluded Securities” means: (i) capital stock, options or convertible Securities issued to directors, officers, employees or consultants of the Company in connection with their service as directors of the Company, their employment by the Company or their retention as consultants by the Company, (ii) shares of Common Stock issued upon the conversion or exercise of options or convertible securities that were issued and outstanding on the date immediately preceding the date of this Warrant, provided such securities are not amended after the Subscription Date to increase the number of shares of Common Stock issuable thereunder or to lower the exercise or conversion price thereof (iii) securities issued pursuant to the Subscription Agreement and securities issued upon the exercise or conversion of those securities, (iv) shares of Common Stock issued or issuable by reason of a dividend, stock split or other distribution on shares of Common Stock (but only to the extent that such a dividend, split or distribution results in an adjustment in the Exercise Price pursuant to the other provisions of this Warrant), and (v) capital stock, options or convertible Securities issued as consideration for
an acquisition or strategic transaction approved by a majority of the disinterested directors of the Company, provided that any such issuance shall only be a Person (or to the equityholders of a Person) which is, itself or through its subsidiaries, an operating company or an owner of an asset in a business synergistic with the business of the Company and shall provide to the Company additional benefits in addition to the investment of funds, but shall not, for the purposes of this clause (v), include a transaction in which the Company is issuing securities primarily for the purpose of raising capital or to an entity whose primary business is investing in securities.
6. The issuance of any Warrant Shares or other securities upon the exercise of this Warrant, and the delivery of certificates or other instruments representing such Warrant Shares or other securities, shall be made without charge to the Holder for any tax or other charge in respect of such issuance. The Company shall not, however, be required to pay any tax which may be payable in respect of any transfer involved in the issuance and delivery of any certificate representing Warrant Shares in a name other than that of the Holder and the Company shall not be required to issue or deliver any such certificate unless and until the person or persons requesting the issuance thereof shall have paid to the Company the amount of such tax, to the extent required to be so paid, or, if reasonably required by the Company, shall have established to the satisfaction of the Company that such tax has been paid.
7. Unless registered, or freely saleable under Rule 144, the Warrant Shares issued upon exercise of the Warrants shall be subject to a stop transfer order and the certificate or certificates evidencing such Warrant Shares shall bear the following legend or a similar legend to the following effect:
“THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE HAVE BEEN ACQUIRED FOR INVESTMENT AND HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “ACT”), OR ANY STATE SECURITIES LAWS. SUCH SECURITIES MAY NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCH REGISTRATION OR EVIDENCE OF AN EXEMPTION THEREFROM (INCLUDING AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY AND ITS COUNSEL THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER THE ACT).”
8. The Holder of this Warrant, by the acceptance hereof, represents that he is acquiring this Warrant and the Warrant Shares for his own account for investment only and not with a view towards, or for resale in connection with, the public sale or distribution of this Warrant or the Warrant Shares, except pursuant to sales registered or exempt under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”); provided, however, that by making the representations herein, the Holder does not agree to hold this Warrant or any of the Warrant Shares for any minimum or other specific term and reserves the right to dispose of this Warrant and the Warrant Shares at any time
in accordance with, or pursuant to an exemption under, the Securities Act. The Holder of this Warrant further represents, by acceptance hereof, that, as of this date, such Holder is an “accredited investor” as such term is defined in Rule 501(a) of Regulation D promulgated by the Securities and Exchange Commission under the Securities Act (an “Accredited Investor”). Upon the exercise of this Warrant, the Holder shall, if requested by the Company, confirm in writing, in a form satisfactory to the Company, that the Warrant Shares so purchased are being acquired solely for the Holder’s own account and not as a nominee for any other party, for investment and not with a view toward distribution or resale and that such Holder is an Accredited Investor. If such Holder cannot make such representations because they would be factually incorrect, it shall be a condition precedent to such Holder’s exercise of this Warrant that the Company receive such other representations as the Company considers reasonably necessary to assure the Company that the issuance of its securities upon exercise of this Warrant shall not violate any United States or state securities laws.
9. Upon receipt of evidence satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant (and upon surrender of this Warrant if mutilated), and upon reimbursement of the Company’s reasonable incidental expenses (including without limitation any insurance), the Company shall execute and deliver to the Holder a new Warrant of like date, tenor and denomination.
10. The Holder shall not have, solely on account of such status, any rights of a stockholder of the Company, either at law or in equity, or to any notice of meetings of stockholders or of any other proceedings of the Company, except as provided in this Warrant.
11. This Warrant and the rights granted hereunder shall be assignable by the Holder hereof without the consent of the Company (i) to members of his or her immediate family (which shall include any spouse, lineal ancestor or descendant, adopted child or sibling, or the spouse of any of them) or (ii) to a trust or any other estate planning vehicle for the benefit of such Holder or members of his or her immediate family; provided, however, that the assignee shall, within ten (10) days prior to such assignment, furnish to the Company written notice of the name, address and relationship with such assignee and such transferee shall agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Investor Rights Agreement upon exercise, provided it involves no more than a de minimis expense.
12. Each of the Company and the Holder shall do and perform all such further acts and things and execute and deliver all such other certificates, instruments and documents as the Company or the Holder may, at any time and from time to time, reasonably request in connection with the performance of any of the provisions of this Warrant.
13. Any notices, consents, waivers or other communications required or permitted to be given under the terms of this Warrant must be in writing and will be deemed to have been delivered: (i) upon receipt, when delivered personally; (ii) upon receipt, when sent by facsimile or e-mail (provided confirmation of transmission is mechanically or electronically generated and kept on file by the sending party); or (iii) one business day after deposit with a nationally recognized overnight delivery service, in each case properly addressed to the party to receive same. The addresses and facsimile numbers for such communications shall be:
If to the Company:
CLS Holdings USA, Inc.
11767 South Dixie Highway, Suite 115
Miami, FL 33156
Tel: 888 ###-###-####
If to the Holder, at the address set forth above (if such Holder is the initial Holder of this Warrant), or to such other address for such Holder or its assignees as shall appear, from time to time, on the records maintained by the Company.
Each party shall provide five (5) days’ prior written notice to the other party of any change in address or facsimile number. Written confirmation of receipt (A) given by the recipient of such notice, consent, waiver or other communication, (B) mechanically or electronically generated by the sender’s facsimile machine containing the time, date, recipient facsimile number and an image of the first page of transmission or (C) provided by nationally recognized overnight delivery service shall be rebuttable evidence of personal service, receipt by facsimile or receipt from a nationally recognized overnight delivery service in accordance with clause (i), (ii) or (iii) above, respectively.
14. Any term or provision of this Warrant which is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without rendering invalid or unenforceable the terms and provisions of this Warrant or affecting the validity or enforceability of any of the terms or provisions of this Warrant in any other jurisdiction.
15. This Warrant shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada applicable to contracts made and to be performed within such State, without regard to principles of conflicts of law. THE COMPANY AND THE HOLDER (BY THE ACCEPTANCE HEREOF) HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF ANY STATE OR FEDERAL COURT SITTING IN NEW YORK COUNTY, NEW YORK, OVER ANY ACTION, SUIT OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS WARRANT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY. THE COMPANY AND THE HOLDER EACH AGREE THAT SERVICE OF ANY PROCESS, SUMMONS, NOTICE OR DOCUMENT BY U.S. REGISTERED OR CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED, PROPERLY ADDRESSED TO IT AT ITS ADDRESS LISTED IN PARAGRAPH 13 ABOVE SHALL
BE EFFECTIVE SERVICE OF PROCESS FOR ANY ACTION, SUIT OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN ANY SUCH COURT. THE COMPANY AND THE HOLDER IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO THE LAYING OF VENUE IN ANY ACTION, SUIT OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN ANY SUCH COURT AND ANY CLAIM THAT SUCH COURT REPRESENTS AN INCONVENIENT FORUM. THE COMPANY AND THE HOLDER AGREE THAT A FINAL JUDGMENT IN ANY SUCH ACTION, SUIT OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN ANY SUCH COURT WHICH IS NO LONGER SUBJECT TO FURTHER REVIEW SHALL BE CONCLUSIVE AND BINDING UPON THE COMPANY AND THE HOLDER AND MAY BE ENFORCED AGAINST THE COMPANY OR THE HOLDER IN ANY OTHER COURTS TO WHOSE JURISDICTION THE COMPANY OR THE HOLDER, RESPECTIVELY, IS OR MAY BE SUBJECT BY SUIT UPON SUCH JUDGMENT. THE COMPANY AND THE HOLDER IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO A TRIAL BY JURY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM ARISING UNDER OR WITH RESPECT TO THIS WARRANT.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Warrant was executed by the Company as of the _________ day of ___________, 20__.
CLS HOLDINGS USA, INC.
Name: Jeffrey I. Binder
ELECTION TO EXERCISE
TO BE EXERCISED BY THE REGISTERED HOLDER
CLS HOLDINGS USA, INC.
The undersigned holder hereby exercises the right to purchase ______ (_____) of the shares of Common Stock (the “Warrant Shares”) of CLS Holdings USA, Inc., a Nevada corporation (the “Company”), evidenced by the attached Warrant. Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined shall have the respective meanings set forth in the Warrant.
1. Form of Warrant Exercise Price. The Holder intends that payment of the Aggregate Exercise Price shall be made with respect to ______ Warrant Shares.
2. Payment of Warrant Exercise Price. The Holder shall pay the Aggregate Exercise Price of $________ to the Company in accordance with the terms of the Warrant as follows (check applicable option):
| || |
Cash Exercise. The Holder shall pay the Aggregate Exercise Price to the Company in cash or by bank check or wire transfer. ______
(b) Cashless Exercise. If permitted by the terms of the Warrant, the Holder elects to receive upon such exercise the Net Number of shares of Common Stock determined in accordance with the terms of the Warrant. _______
3. Delivery of Warrant Shares. The Holder requests that certificates for such Warrant Shares be issued in the name of, and delivered to:
(Print Name, Address and Social Security
or Tax Identification Number)
| || |
FORM OF WARRANT POWER
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the undersigned does hereby assign and transfer to __________, with an address at _______________________________, a warrant to purchase ___________ shares of common stock of CLS Holdings USA, Inc., a Nevada corporation, represented by warrant certificate no. ________, standing in the name of the undersigned on the books of said corporation. The undersigned does hereby irrevocably constitute and appoint __________, attorney to transfer the warrants of said corporation, with full power of substitution in the premises.