Form of Restricted Stock Award Agreement for Directors under the Citi Trends, Inc. 2021 Incentive Plan
RESTRICTED STOCK AWARD AGREEMENT
Non-transferable Grant to
by Citi Trends, Inc. (the “Company”) of
______ shares of its common stock, $0.01 par value (the “Shares”)
pursuant to and subject to the provisions of the Citi Trends, Inc. 2021 Incentive Plan (the “Plan”) and to the terms and conditions set forth on the following page (the “Terms and Conditions”). By accepting the Shares, Grantee shall be deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and the Plan. Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings assigned to such terms in the Plan.
The Shares will vest (become non-forfeitable) on the earlier of (i) the first anniversary of the Grant Date or (ii) the date of the annual meeting of the Company’s stockholders in 2022, provided that Grantee is a director of the Company as of such date.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Citi Trends, Inc., acting by and through its duly authorized officers, has caused this Agreement to be duly executed.
CITI TRENDS, Inc.
Grant Date: June 16, 2021
Chief Executive Officer
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Restrictions. The Shares are subject to each of the following restrictions. “Restricted Shares” mean those Shares that are subject to the restrictions imposed hereunder which restrictions have not then expired or terminated. Restricted Shares may not be sold, transferred, exchanged, assigned, pledged, hypothecated or otherwise encumbered. If Grantee’s service as a director of the Company or any Subsidiary terminates for any reason, then Grantee shall forfeit all of Grantee’s right, title and interest in and to the Restricted Shares as of the date of such termination, and such Restricted Shares shall revert to the Company immediately following the event of forfeiture. The restrictions imposed under this Section shall apply to all shares of the Company’s Stock or other securities issued with respect to Restricted Shares hereunder in connection with any merger, reorganization, consolidation, recapitalization, stock dividend or other change in corporate structure affecting the Stock of the Company.
2. Expiration and Termination of Restrictions. The restrictions imposed under Section 1 will expire on the earliest to occur of the following (the period prior to such expiration being referred to herein as the “Restricted Period”):
(a)on the earlier of (i) the first anniversary of the Grant Date or (ii) the date of the annual meeting of the Company’s stockholders in 2022; provided Grantee is then a member of the Board of Directors of the Company
(b)upon Grantee’s Disability or death, but only with respect to the number of Shares that would otherwise have vested within the 12 months following the Disability or death based on Grantee’s continued service with the Company; or
(c)upon a Change of Control of the Company.
3. Delivery of Shares. The Shares will be registered in the name of Grantee as of the Grant Date and may be held by the Company during the Restricted Period in certificated or uncertificated form. If a certificate for Restricted Shares is issued during the Restricted Period with respect to such Shares, such certificate shall be registered in the name of Grantee and shall bear a legend in substantially the following form (in addition to any legend required under applicable state securities laws): “This certificate and the shares of stock represented hereby are subject to the terms and conditions (including forfeiture and restrictions against
transfer) contained in a Restricted Stock Agreement between the registered owner of the shares represented hereby and Citi Trends, Inc. Release from such terms and conditions shall be made only in accordance with the provisions of such Agreement, copies of which are on file in the offices of Citi Trends, Inc.” Stock certificates for the Shares, without the first above legend, shall be delivered to Grantee or Grantee’s designee upon request of Grantee after the expiration of the Restricted Period, but delivery may be postponed for such period as may be required for the Company with reasonable diligence to comply, if deemed advisable by the Company, with registration requirements under the Securities Act of 1933, listing requirements under the rules of any stock exchange, and requirements under any other law or regulation applicable to the issuance or transfer of the Shares.
4. Voting Rights. Grantee, as beneficial owner of the Shares, shall have full voting rights with respect to the Shares during and after the Restricted Period.
5. Dividend Rights. Grantee shall accrue cash and non-cash dividends, if any, paid with respect to the Restricted Shares, but the payment of such dividends shall be deferred and held (without interest) by the Company for the account of Grantee until the expiration of the Restricted Period. During the Restricted Period, such dividends shall be subject to the same vesting restrictions imposed under Section 1 as the Restricted Shares to which they relate. Accrued dividends deferred and held pursuant to the foregoing provision shall be paid by the Company to the Grantee promptly upon the expiration of the Restricted Period (and in any event within 30 days of the date of such expiration).
6. Payment of Taxes.
(a)Upon issuance of the Shares hereunder, Grantee may make an election to be taxed upon such award under Section 83(b) of the Internal Revenue Code. To effect such election, Grantee may file an appropriate election with Internal Revenue Service within thirty (30) days after award of the Shares and otherwise in accordance with applicable Treasury Regulations.
(b)Grantee will, no later than the date as of which any amount related to the Shares first becomes includable in Grantee’s gross income for federal income tax purposes, pay to the Company, or make other arrangements satisfactory to the Committee regarding payment of, any
federal, state and local taxes of any kind required by law to be withheld with respect to such amount, including without limitation the surrender of shares of Stock to the Company. The obligations of the Company under this Agreement will be conditional on such payment or arrangements, and the Company will, to the extent permitted by law, have the right to deduct any such taxes from the award or any payment of any kind otherwise due to Grantee.
7. Plan Controls. The terms contained in the Plan are incorporated into and made a part of this Agreement and this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Plan. In the event of any actual or alleged conflict between the provisions of the Plan and the provisions of this Agreement, the provisions of the Plan shall be controlling and determinative.
8. Successors. This Agreement shall be binding upon any successor of the Company, in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and the Plan.
9. Severability. If any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will be construed and enforced as if the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision had never been included.
10. Notice. Notices and communications under this Agreement must be in writing and either personally delivered or sent by registered or certified U.S. mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid. Notices to the Company must be addressed to Citi Trends, Inc., 104 Coleman Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31408, Attn: Secretary, or any other address designated by the Company in a written notice to Grantee. Notices to Grantee will be directed to the address of Grantee then currently on file with the Company, or at any other address given by Grantee in a written notice to the Company.