Amendment No. 1 to Rights Agreement, dated as of January 25, 2021, between Chicos FAS, Inc. and American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC, as Rights Agent
EX-4.1 2 amendmentno1torightsagreem.htm EX-4.1 Document
AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO
This AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO RIGHTS AGREEMENT (this “Amendment”) is dated as of January 25, 2021 (the “Effective Date”) and amends that certain Rights Agreement, dated as of April 2, 2020 (the “Rights Agreement”), by and between Chico’s FAS, Inc., a Florida corporation (the “Company”), and American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC, as rights agent (the “Rights Agent”). Capitalized terms used in this Amendment and not otherwise defined herein have the meaning(s) given to them in the Rights Agreement.
WHEREAS, in accordance with Section 27 of the Rights Agreement, for so long as the Rights are then redeemable, the Company may in its sole and absolute discretion, and the Rights Agent shall if the Company so directs, supplement or amend the Rights Agreement without the approval of any holders of the Rights; and
WHEREAS, the Rights Agent is hereby directed by the Company to join in this Amendment.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the premises and the mutual agreements set forth herein, the parties hereto hereby agree as follows:
1. Amendment of the Rights Agreement. Section 7(a) of the Rights Agreement is hereby amended by replacing the words “April 1, 2021” therein with the words “January 25, 2021”.
2. Amendment of Exhibits. The exhibits to the Rights Agreement shall be deemed to be amended to reflect this Amendment, including all conforming changes.
3. Other Amendment; Effect of Amendment. Except as, and to the extent, expressly modified by this Amendment, the Rights Agreement and the exhibits thereto remain in full force and effect in all respects without any modification. This Amendment will be deemed an amendment to the Rights Agreement and will become effective on the Effective Date. In the event of a conflict or an inconsistency between this Amendment and the Rights Agreement and the exhibits thereto, the provisions of this Amendment will govern.
4. Counterparts. This Amendment may be executed in any number of counterparts and each of such counterparts will for all purposes be deemed to be an original, and all such counterparts will together constitute one and the same instrument, it being understood that all parties need not sign the same counterpart. A signature to this Amendment executed and/or transmitted electronically (including by .pdf) will have the same authority, effect and enforceability as an original signature. No party hereto may raise the use of such electronic transmission to deliver a signature, or the fact that any signature or agreement or instrument was transmitted or communicated through such electronic transmission, as a defense to the formation of a contract, and each party hereto forever waives any such defense, except to the extent that such defense relates to lack of authenticity.
5. Severability. If any term, provision, covenant or restriction of this Amendment is held by a court of competent jurisdiction or other authority to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the
remainder of the terms, provisions, covenants and restrictions of this Amendment will remain in full force and effect and will in no way be affected, impaired or invalidated.
6. Descriptive Headings. The descriptive headings of the several Sections of this Amendment are inserted for convenience only and will not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions hereof.
7. Further Assurances. Each of the parties to this Amendment will reasonably cooperate and take such action as may be reasonably requested by the other party in order to carry out the provisions and purposes of this Amendment, the Rights Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereunder and thereunder.
8. Governing Law. This Amendment shall be deemed to be a contract made under the laws of the State of Florida and for all purposes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of such State applicable to contracts made and to be performed entirely within such State.
[Signature page follows.]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this Amendment to be duly executed as of the Effective Date.
|CHICO’S FAS, INC.|
|By:||/s/ David M. Oliver|
|Name: David M. Oliver|
|Title: Interim Chief Financial Officer|
|AMERICAN STOCK TRANSFER & TRUST COMPANY, LLC|
|By:||/s/ Michael A. Nespoli|
|Name: Michael A. Nespoli|
|Title: Executive Director|