Term Note dated December 21, 2018 issued by Chesapeake Utilities Corporation in favor of PNC Bank, National Association is
EX-10.23 3 cpk12312018ex-1023.htm EXHIBIT 10.23 Exhibit
(LIBOR ONLY – DESIGNATED RATE RESET)
$30,000,000.00 December ____, 2018
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, CHESAPEAKE UTILITIES CORPORATION (the “Borrower”), with an address at 909 Silver Lake Boulevard, Dover, DE 19904, promises to pay to the order of PNC BANK, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION (the “Bank”), in lawful money of the United States of America in immediately available funds at its offices located at 222 Delaware Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19801, or at such other location as the Bank may designate from time to time, the principal sum of THIRTY MILLION AND 00/100 DOLLARS ($30,000,000.00) (the “Facility”), together with interest accruing on the outstanding principal balance from the date hereof, all as provided below.
1. Rate of Interest. Amounts outstanding under this Note will bear interest at a rate per annum equal to the sum of (A) LIBOR in effect on each Reset Date plus (B) seventy-five (75) basis points (0.75%). Interest hereunder will be calculated based on the actual number of days that principal is outstanding over a year of 360 days. In no event will the rate of interest hereunder exceed the maximum rate allowed by law.
For purposes hereof, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Business Day” shall mean any day other than a Saturday or Sunday or a legal holiday on which commercial banks are authorized or required by law to be closed for business in New York, New York.
“LIBOR” shall mean, for each Reset Date, the interest rate per annum determined by the Bank by dividing (i) the rate which appears on the Bloomberg Page BBAM1 (or on such other substitute Bloomberg page that displays rates at which US dollar deposits are offered by leading banks in the London interbank deposit market), or the rate which is quoted by another source selected by the Bank as an authorized information vendor for the purpose of displaying rates at which US dollar deposits are offered by leading banks in the London interbank deposit market (an “Alternate Source”), at approximately 11:00 a.m., London time, two (2) Business Days prior to such Reset Date, as the one (1) month London interbank offered rate for U.S. Dollars commencing on such Reset Date (or if there shall at any time, for any reason, no longer exist a Bloomberg Page BBAM1 (or any substitute page) or any Alternate Source, a comparable replacement rate determined by the Bank at such time (which determination shall be conclusive absent manifest error)), by (ii) a number equal to 1.00 minus the LIBOR Reserve Percentage; provided, however, if LIBOR, determined as provided above, would be less than zero, then LIBOR shall be deemed to be zero.
“LIBOR Reserve Percentage” shall mean the maximum effective percentage in effect on such day as prescribed by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (or any successor) for determining the reserve requirements (including, without limitation, supplemental, marginal and emergency reserve requirements) with respect to eurocurrency funding (currently referred to as “Eurocurrency liabilities”).
“Reset Date” shall mean (i) the date of this Note, and (ii) subject to the proviso below, the _____ day of every month thereafter, provided that: (a) if any such day is not a Business Day, then the first succeeding day that is a Business Day shall instead apply, unless that day falls in the next succeeding calendar month, in which case the next preceding day that is a Business Day shall instead apply, and (b) if any such day is a day of a calendar month for which there is no numerically corresponding day in certain other months (each, a “Non-Conforming Month”), then any Reset Date that falls within a Non-Conforming Month shall be the last Business Day of such Non-Conforming Month.
- 1 -
Form 8G – DE/MD/PA (COJ) Rev. 6/17
LIBOR shall be adjusted on and as of (a) each Reset Date, and (b) the effective date of any change in the LIBOR Reserve Percentage. The Bank shall give prompt notice to the Borrower of LIBOR as determined or adjusted in accordance herewith, which determination shall be conclusive absent manifest error.
If the Bank determines (which determination shall be final and conclusive) that, by reason of circumstances affecting the eurodollar market generally, deposits in dollars (in the applicable amounts) are not being offered to banks in the eurodollar market for the selected term, or adequate means do not exist for ascertaining LIBOR, then the Bank shall give notice thereof to the Borrower. Thereafter, until the Bank notifies the Borrower that the circumstances giving rise to such suspension no longer exist, (a) the availability of LIBOR shall be suspended, and (b) the interest rate for all amounts outstanding under this Note shall be converted on the next succeeding Reset Date to a rate of interest per annum equal to the Prime Rate (the “Base Rate”). For purposes hereof, the term “Prime Rate” shall mean the rate publicly announced by the Bank from time to time as its prime rate. The Prime Rate is determined from time to time by the Bank as a means of pricing some loans to its borrowers. The Prime Rate is not tied to any external rate of interest or index, and does not necessarily reflect the lowest rate of interest actually charged by the Bank to any particular class or category of customers. If and when the Prime Rate changes, the rate of interest with respect to any amounts hereunder to which the Base Rate applies will change automatically without notice to the Borrower, effective on the date of any such change.
In addition, if, after the date of this Note, the Bank shall determine (which determination shall be final and conclusive) that any enactment, promulgation or adoption of or any change in any applicable law, rule or regulation, or any change in the interpretation or administration thereof by a governmental authority, central bank or comparable agency charged with the interpretation or administration thereof, or compliance by the Bank with any guideline, request or directive (whether or not having the force of law) of any such authority, central bank or comparable agency shall make it unlawful or impossible for the Bank to make or maintain or fund loans based on LIBOR, the Bank shall notify the Borrower. Upon receipt of such notice, until the Bank notifies the Borrower that the circumstances giving rise to such determination no longer apply, (a) the availability of LIBOR shall be suspended, and (b) the interest rate on all amounts outstanding under this Note shall be converted to the Base Rate either (i) on the next succeeding Reset Date if the Bank may lawfully continue to maintain or fund loans based on LIBOR to such day, or (ii) immediately if the Bank may not lawfully continue to maintain or fund loans based on LIBOR.
2. Payment Terms. Interest shall be due and payable monthly, commencing on the first Reset Date after the date of this Note, and continuing on each succeeding Reset Date thereafter until January__, 2020 (the “Maturity Date”), on which date all outstanding principal and accrued interest shall be due and payable in full. If any payment under this Note shall become due on a day other than a Business Day, such payment shall be made on the next succeeding Business Day, unless that day falls in the next succeeding calendar month, in which case such payment shall be made on the next preceding day that is a Business Day. The Borrower hereby authorizes the Bank to charge the Borrower’s deposit account at the Bank for any payment when due hereunder. Payments received will be applied to charges, fees and expenses (including attorneys’ fees), accrued interest and principal in any order the Bank may choose, in its sole discretion.
3. Late Payments; Default Rate. If the Borrower fails to make any payment of principal, interest or other amount coming due pursuant to the provisions of this Note within fifteen (15) calendar days of the date due and payable, the Borrower also shall pay to the Bank a late charge equal to the lesser of five percent (5%) of the amount of such payment or $100.00 (the “Late Charge”). Such fifteen (15) day period shall not be construed in any way to extend the due date of any such payment. Upon maturity, whether by acceleration, demand or otherwise, and at the Bank’s option upon the occurrence of any Event of Default (as hereinafter defined) and during the continuance thereof, amounts outstanding under this Note shall bear interest at a rate per annum (based on the actual number of days that principal is outstanding over a year of 360 days) which shall be three percentage points (3%) in excess of the interest rate then in effect until the next succeeding Reset Date, and three percentage points (3%) in excess of the Base Rate at all times thereafter (or in the case of an Event of Default, until such time that such Event of Default has been cured by the Borrower or waived by the Bank), but in any such event not more than the maximum rate allowed by law (the “Default Rate”). The Default Rate shall continue to apply whether or not judgment shall be entered on this Note. Both the Late Charge and the Default Rate are imposed as liquidated damages for the purpose of defraying the Bank’s expenses incident to the handling of delinquent payments, but are in addition to, and not in lieu of, the Bank’s exercise of any rights and remedies hereunder, under the other Loan Documents or under applicable
- 2 -
Form 8G – DE/MD/PA (COJ) Rev. 6/17
law, and any fees and expenses of any agents or attorneys which the Bank may employ. In addition, the Default Rate reflects the increased credit risk to the Bank of carrying a loan that is in default. The Borrower agrees that the Late Charge and Default Rate are reasonable forecasts of just compensation for anticipated and actual harm incurred by the Bank, and that the actual harm incurred by the Bank cannot be estimated with certainty and without difficulty.
4. Prepayment. The Borrower shall have the right to prepay any amount hereunder at any time and from time to time, in whole or in part; subject, however, to payment of any break funding indemnification amounts owing pursuant to paragraph 6 below.
5. Increased Costs; Yield Protection. On written demand, together with written evidence of the justification therefor, the Borrower agrees to pay the Bank all direct costs incurred, any losses suffered or payments made by the Bank as a result of any Change in Law (hereinafter defined), imposing any reserve, deposit, allocation of capital or similar requirement (including without limitation, Regulation D of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System) on the Bank, its holding company or any of their respective assets relative to the Facility. “Change in Law” means the occurrence, after the date of this Note, of any of the following: (a) the adoption or taking effect of any law, rule, regulation or treaty, (b) any change in any law, rule, regulation or treaty or in the administration, interpretation, implementation or application thereof by any governmental authority or (c) the making or issuance of any request, rule, guideline or directive (whether or not having the force of law) by any governmental authority; provided that notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, (x) the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and all requests, rules, guidelines or directives thereunder or issued in connection therewith and (y) all requests, rules, guidelines or directives promulgated by the Bank for International Settlements, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (or any successor or similar authority) or the United States or foreign regulatory authorities, in each case pursuant to Basel III, shall in each case be deemed to be a “Change in Law”, regardless of the date enacted, adopted or issued.
6. Break Funding Indemnification. The Borrower agrees to indemnify the Bank against any liabilities, losses or expenses (including, without limitation, loss of margin, any loss or expense sustained or incurred in liquidating or employing deposits from third parties, and any loss or expense incurred in connection with funds acquired to effect, fund or maintain any amounts hereunder (or any part thereof) bearing interest based on LIBOR) which the Bank sustains or incurs as a consequence of either (i) the Borrower’s failure to make a payment on the due date thereof, (ii) the Borrower’s revocation (expressly, by later inconsistent notices or otherwise) in whole or in part of any notice given to Bank to request, convert, renew or prepay any amounts bearing interest based on LIBOR, or (iii) the Borrower’s payment or prepayment (whether voluntary, after acceleration of the maturity of this Note or otherwise) or conversion of any amounts bearing interest based on LIBOR on a day other than the regularly scheduled due date therefor. A notice as to any amounts payable pursuant to this paragraph given to the Borrower by the Bank shall, in the absence of manifest error, be conclusive and shall be payable upon demand. The Borrower’s indemnification obligations hereunder shall survive the payment in full of all amounts payable hereunder.
7. Other Loan Documents. This Note is issued in connection with a Letter Agreement between the Borrower and the Bank, dated on September 26, 2003, as amended, and the other agreements and documents executed and/or delivered in connection therewith or referred to therein, the terms of which are incorporated herein by reference (as amended, modified or renewed from time to time, collectively the “Loan Documents”), and is secured by the property (if any) described in the Loan Documents and by such other collateral as previously may have been or may in the future be granted to the Bank to secure this Note.
8. Events of Default. The occurrence of any of the following events will be deemed to be an “Event of Default” under this Note: (i) the nonpayment of any principal, interest or other indebtedness under this Note when due; (ii) the occurrence of any event of default or any default and the lapse of any notice or cure period, or any Obligor’s failure to observe or perform any covenant or other agreement, under or contained in any Loan Document or any other document now or in the future evidencing or securing any debt, liability or obligation of any Obligor to the Bank; (iii) the filing by or against any Obligor of any proceeding in bankruptcy, receivership, insolvency, reorganization, liquidation, conservatorship or similar proceeding (and, in the case of any such proceeding instituted against any Obligor, such proceeding is not dismissed or stayed within 30 days of the commencement thereof, provided that the Bank shall not be obligated to advance additional funds hereunder during such period); (iv) any
- 3 -
Form 8G – DE/MD/PA (COJ) Rev. 6/17
assignment by any Obligor for the benefit of creditors, or any levy, garnishment, attachment or similar proceeding is instituted against any property of any Obligor held by or deposited with the Bank; (v) a default with respect to any other indebtedness of any Obligor for borrowed money in excess of $5,000,000, individually or in the aggregate, if the effect of such default is to cause or permit the acceleration of such debt; (vi) the commencement of any foreclosure or forfeiture proceeding, execution or attachment against any collateral securing the obligations of any Obligor to the Bank; (vii) the entry of one or more final judgment(s) against any Obligor in excess of $5,000,000, individually or in the aggregate and the failure of such Obligor to discharge the judgment within thirty (30) days of the entry thereof; (viii) any change in any Obligor’s business, assets, operations, financial condition or results of operations that has or could reasonably be expected to have any material adverse effect on any Obligor; (ix) any Obligor ceases doing business as a going concern; (x) any representation or warranty made by any Obligor to the Bank in any Loan Document or any other documents now or in the future evidencing or securing the obligations of any Obligor to the Bank, is false, erroneous or misleading in any material respect; (xi) if this Note or any guarantee executed by any Obligor is secured (other than security described in section 5 of the Amended and Restated Working Cash, Line of Credit, Investment Sweep Rider dated as of February 26, 2016 between the Borrower and the Bank), the failure of any Obligor to provide the Bank with additional collateral if in the Bank’s opinion at any time or times, the market value of any of the collateral securing this Note or any guarantee has depreciated below that required pursuant to the Loan Documents or, if no specific value is so required, then in an amount deemed material by the Bank; (xii) the revocation or attempted revocation, in whole or in part, of any guarantee by any Obligor; or (xiii) the death, incarceration, indictment or legal incompetency of any individual Obligor or, if any Obligor is a partnership or limited liability company, the death, incarceration, indictment or legal incompetency of any individual general partner or member. As used herein, the term “Obligor” means any Borrower and any guarantor of, or any pledgor, mortgagor or other person or entity providing collateral support for, the Borrower’s obligations to the Bank existing on the date of this Note or arising in the future.
Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default: (a) the Bank shall be under no further obligation to make advances hereunder; (b) if an Event of Default specified in clause (iii) or (iv) above shall occur, the outstanding principal balance and accrued interest hereunder together with any additional amounts payable hereunder shall be immediately due and payable without demand or notice of any kind; (c) if any other Event of Default shall occur, the outstanding principal balance and accrued interest hereunder together with any additional amounts payable hereunder, at the Bank’s option and without demand or notice of any kind, may be accelerated and become immediately due and payable; (d) at the Bank’s option, this Note will bear interest at the Default Rate from the date of the occurrence of the Event of Default; and (e) the Bank may exercise from time to time any of the rights and remedies available under the Loan Documents or under applicable law.
9. Power to Confess Judgment. The Borrower hereby empowers any attorney of any court of record, after the occurrence of any Event of Default hereunder, to appear for the Borrower and, with or without complaint filed, confess judgment, or a series of judgments, against the Borrower in favor of the Bank or any holder hereof for the entire principal balance of this Note, all accrued interest and all other amounts due hereunder, together with costs of suit and an attorney’s commission of the greater of 10% of such principal and interest or $1,000 added as a reasonable attorney’s fee, and for doing so, this Note or a copy verified by affidavit shall be a sufficient warrant. The Borrower hereby forever waives and releases all errors in said proceedings and all rights of appeal and all relief from any and all appraisement, stay or exemption laws of any state now in force or hereafter enacted. The Borrower acknowledges and agrees that, pursuant to the foregoing power to confess judgment granted to the Bank, the Borrower is voluntarily and knowingly waiving its right to notice and a hearing prior to the entry of a judgment by the Bank against the Borrower. Interest on any such judgment shall accrue at the Default Rate.
No single exercise of the foregoing power to confess judgment, or a series of judgments, shall be deemed to exhaust the power, whether or not any such exercise shall be held by any court to be invalid, voidable, or void, but the power shall continue undiminished and it may be exercised from time to time as often as the Bank shall elect until such time as the Bank shall have received payment in full of the debt, interest and costs. Notwithstanding the attorney’s commission provided for in the preceding paragraph (which is included in the warrant for purposes of establishing a sum certain), the amount of attorneys’ fees that the Bank may recover from the Borrower shall not exceed the actual attorneys’ fees incurred by the Bank.
- 4 -
Form 8G – DE/MD/PA (COJ) Rev. 6/17
10. Right of Setoff. In addition to all liens upon and rights of setoff against the Borrower’s money, securities or other property given to the Bank by law, the Bank shall have, with respect to the Borrower’s obligations to the Bank under this Note and to the extent permitted by law, a contractual possessory security interest in and a contractual right of setoff against, and the Borrower hereby grants the Bank a security interest in, and hereby assigns, conveys, delivers, pledges and transfers to the Bank, all of the Borrower’s right, title and interest in and to, all of the Borrower’s deposits, moneys, securities and other property now or hereafter in the possession of or on deposit with, or in transit to, the Bank or any other direct or indirect subsidiary of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., whether held in a general or special account or deposit, whether held jointly with someone else, or whether held for safekeeping or otherwise, excluding, however, all IRA, Keogh, and trust accounts. Every such security interest and right of setoff may be exercised without demand upon or notice to the Borrower. Every such right of setoff shall be deemed to have been exercised immediately upon the occurrence of an Event of Default hereunder without any action of the Bank, although the Bank may enter such setoff on its books and records at a later time.
11. Anti-Money Laundering/International Trade Law Compliance. The Borrower represents and warrants to the Bank, as of the date of this Note, the date of each advance of proceeds under the Facility, the date of any renewal, extension or modification of the Facility, and at all times until the Facility has been terminated and all amounts thereunder have been indefeasibly paid in full, that: (a) no Covered Entity (i) is a Sanctioned Person; (ii) has any of its assets in a Sanctioned Country or in the possession, custody or control of a Sanctioned Person; or (iii) does business in or with, or derives any of its operating income from investments in or transactions with, any Sanctioned Country or Sanctioned Person in violation of any law, regulation, order or directive enforced by any Compliance Authority; (b) the proceeds of the Facility will not be used to fund any operations in, finance any investments or activities in, or, make any payments to, a Sanctioned Country or Sanctioned Person in violation of any law, regulation, order or directive enforced by any Compliance Authority; (c) the funds used to repay the Facility are not derived from any unlawful activity; and (d) each Covered Entity is in compliance with, and no Covered Entity engages in any dealings or transactions prohibited by, any laws of the United States, including but not limited to any Anti-Terrorism Laws. Borrower covenants and agrees that it shall immediately notify the Bank in writing upon the occurrence of a Reportable Compliance Event.
As used herein: “Anti-Terrorism Laws” means any laws relating to terrorism, trade sanctions programs and embargoes, import/export licensing, money laundering, or bribery, all as amended, supplemented or replaced from time to time; “Compliance Authority” means each and all of the (a) U.S. Treasury Department/Office of Foreign Assets Control, (b) U.S. Treasury Department/Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, (c) U.S. State Department/Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, (d) U.S. Commerce Department/Bureau of Industry and Security, (e) U.S. Internal Revenue Service, (f) U.S. Justice Department, and (g) U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; “Covered Entity” means the Borrower, its affiliates and subsidiaries, all guarantors, pledgors of collateral, all owners of the foregoing, and all brokers or other agents of the Borrower acting in any capacity in connection with the Facility; “Reportable Compliance Event” means that any Covered Entity becomes a Sanctioned Person, or is indicted, arraigned, investigated or custodially detained, or receives an inquiry from regulatory or law enforcement officials, in connection with any Anti-Terrorism Law or any predicate crime to any Anti-Terrorism Law, or self-discovers facts or circumstances implicating any aspect of its operations with the actual or possible violation of any Anti-Terrorism Law; “Sanctioned Country” means a country subject to a sanctions program maintained by any Compliance Authority; and “Sanctioned Person” means any individual person, group, regime, entity or thing listed or otherwise recognized as a specially designated, prohibited, sanctioned or debarred person or entity, or subject to any limitations or prohibitions (including but not limited to the blocking of property or rejection of transactions), under any order or directive of any Compliance Authority or otherwise subject to, or specially designated under, any sanctions program maintained by any Compliance Authority.
12. Indemnity. The Borrower agrees to indemnify each of the Bank, each legal entity, if any, who controls, is controlled by or is under common control with the Bank, and each of their respective directors, officers and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”), and to defend and hold each Indemnified Party harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including all fees and charges of internal or external counsel with whom any Indemnified Party may consult and all expenses of litigation and preparation therefor) which any Indemnified Party may incur or which may be asserted against any Indemnified Party by any person, entity or governmental authority (including any person or entity claiming derivatively on behalf of the Borrower), in connection
- 5 -
Form 8G – DE/MD/PA (COJ) Rev. 6/17
with or arising out of or relating to the matters referred to in this Note or in the other Loan Documents or the use of any advance hereunder, whether (a) arising from or incurred in connection with any breach of a representation, warranty or covenant by the Borrower, or (b) arising out of or resulting from any suit, action, claim, proceeding or governmental investigation, pending or threatened, whether based on statute, regulation or order, or tort, or contract or otherwise, before any court or governmental authority; provided, however, that the foregoing indemnity agreement shall not apply to any claims, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses solely attributable to an Indemnified Party's gross negligence or willful misconduct. The indemnity agreement contained in this Section shall survive the termination of this Note, payment of any amounts hereunder and the assignment of any rights hereunder. The Borrower may participate at its expense in the defense of any such action or claim.
13. Miscellaneous. All notices, demands, requests, consents, approvals and other communications required or permitted hereunder (“Notices”) must be in writing (except as may be agreed otherwise above with respect to borrowing requests or as otherwise provided in this Note) and will be effective upon receipt. Notices may be given in any manner to which the parties may agree. Without limiting the foregoing, first-class mail, postage prepaid, facsimile transmission and commercial courier service are hereby agreed to as acceptable methods for giving Notices. In addition, the parties agree that Notices may be sent electronically to any electronic address provided by a party from time to time. Notices may be sent to a party’s address as set forth above or to such other address as any party may give to the other for such purpose in accordance with this paragraph. No delay or omission on the Bank’s part to exercise any right or power arising hereunder will impair any such right or power or be considered a waiver of any such right or power, nor will the Bank’s action or inaction impair any such right or power. The Bank’s rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive of any other rights or remedies which the Bank may have under other agreements, at law or in equity. No modification, amendment or waiver of, or consent to any departure by the Borrower from, any provision of this Note will be effective unless made in a writing signed by the Bank, and then such waiver or consent shall be effective only in the specific instance and for the purpose for which given. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Bank may modify this Note for the purposes of completing missing content or correcting erroneous content, without the need for a written amendment, provided that the Bank shall send a copy of any such modification to the Borrower (which notice may be given by electronic mail). The Borrower agrees to pay on demand, to the extent permitted by law, all costs and expenses incurred by the Bank in the enforcement of its rights in this Note and in any security therefor, including without limitation reasonable fees and expenses of the Bank’s counsel. If any provision of this Note is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect by a court, all the other provisions of this Note will remain in full force and effect. The Borrower and all other makers and indorsers of this Note hereby forever waive presentment, protest, notice of dishonor and notice of non-payment. The Borrower also waives all defenses based on suretyship or impairment of collateral. If this Note is executed by more than one Borrower, the obligations of such persons or entities hereunder will be joint and several. This Note shall bind the Borrower and its heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, and the benefits hereof shall inure to the benefit of the Bank and its successors and assigns; provided, however, that the Borrower may not assign this Note in whole or in part without the Bank’s written consent and the Bank at any time may assign this Note in whole or in part.
This Note has been delivered to and accepted by the Bank and will be deemed to be made in the State where the Bank’s office indicated above is located. THIS NOTE WILL BE INTERPRETED AND THE RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES OF THE BANK AND THE BORROWER DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE WHERE THE BANK’S OFFICE INDICATED ABOVE IS LOCATED, EXCLUDING ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS RULES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE ELECTRONIC TRANSACTIONS ACT (OR EQUIVALENT) IN EFFECT IN THE STATE WHERE THE BANK’S OFFICE INDICATED ABOVE IS LOCATED (OR, TO THE EXTENT CONTROLLING, THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES IN GLOBAL AND NATIONAL COMMERCE ACT). The Borrower hereby irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of any state or federal court in the county or judicial district where the Bank’s office indicated above is located; provided that nothing contained in this Note will prevent the Bank from bringing any action, enforcing any award or judgment or exercising any rights against the Borrower individually, against any security or against any property of the Borrower within any other county, state or other foreign or domestic jurisdiction. The Borrower acknowledges and agrees that the venue provided above is the most convenient forum for both the Bank and the Borrower. The Borrower waives any objection to venue and any objection based on a more convenient forum in any action instituted under this Note.
- 6 -
Form 8G – DE/MD/PA (COJ) Rev. 6/17
14. Commercial Purpose. The Borrower represents that the indebtedness evidenced by this Note is being incurred by the Borrower solely for the purpose of acquiring or carrying on a business, professional or commercial activity, and not for personal, family or household purposes.
15. USA PATRIOT Act Notice. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each Borrower that opens an account. What this means: when the Borrower opens an account, the Bank will ask for the business name, business address, taxpayer identifying number and other information that will allow the Bank to identify the Borrower, such as organizational documents. For some businesses and organizations, the Bank may also need to ask for identifying information and documentation relating to certain individuals associated with the business or organization.
16. Authorization to Obtain Credit Reports. By signing below, each Borrower who is an individual provides written authorization to the Bank or its designee (and any assignee or potential assignee hereof) to obtain the Borrower’s personal credit profile from one or more national credit bureaus. Such authorization shall extend to obtaining a credit profile in considering this Note and subsequently for the purposes of update, renewal or extension of such credit or additional credit and for reviewing or collecting the resulting account.
17. Electronic Signatures and Records. Notwithstanding any other provision herein, the Borrower agrees that this Note, the Loan Documents, any amendments thereto, and any other information, notice, signature card, agreement or authorization related thereto (each, a “Communication”) may, at the Bank’s option, be in the form of an electronic record. Any Communication may, at the Bank’s option, be signed or executed using electronic signatures. For the avoidance of doubt, the authorization under this paragraph may include, without limitation, use or acceptance by the Bank of a manually signed paper Communication which has been converted into electronic form (such as scanned into PDF format) for transmission, delivery and/or retention.
REMAINDER OF PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
- 7 -
Form 8G – DE/MD/PA (COJ) Rev. 6/17
18. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. THE BORROWER IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS THE BORROWER MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR CLAIM OF ANY NATURE RELATING TO THIS NOTE, ANY DOCUMENTS EXECUTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS NOTE OR ANY TRANSACTION CONTEMPLATED IN ANY OF SUCH DOCUMENTS. THE BORROWER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE FOREGOING WAIVER IS KNOWING AND VOLUNTARY.
The Borrower acknowledges that it has read and understood all the provisions of this Note, including the confession of judgment and the waiver of jury trial, and has been advised by counsel as necessary or appropriate.
WITNESS the due execution hereof as a document under seal, as of the date first written above, with the intent to be legally bound hereby.
WITNESS / ATTEST:
CHESAPEAKE UTILITIES CORPORATION
Beth Cooper (SEAL) Senior Vice President and CFO
(Include title only if an officer of entity signing to the right)
- 8 -
Form 8G – DE/MD/PA (COJ) Rev. 6/17