6. Non-Transferability . The Restricted Stock Units are not transferrable by the Participant except to Permitted Transferees in accordance with Section 13(b) of the Plan. Except as otherwise provided herein, no assignment or transfer of Restricted Stock Units, or of the rights represented thereby, whether voluntary or involuntary, by operation of law or otherwise, shall vest in the assignee or transferee any interest or right herein whatsoever, but immediately upon such assignment or transfer the Restricted Stock Units shall terminate and become of no further effect.
7. No Rights as Stockholder. The Participant or a Permitted Transferee of the Restricted Stock Units shall have no rights as a stockholder with respect to any share of Common Stock underlying a Restricted Stock Unit unless and until the Participant shall have become the holder of record or the beneficial owner of such Common Stock, and no adjustment shall be made for dividends or distributions or other rights in respect of such share of Common Stock for which the record date is prior to the date upon which the Participant shall become the holder of record or the beneficial owner thereof.
8. Dividend Equivalents . The Restricted Stock Units shall be entitled to be credited with dividend equivalent payments (upon the payment by the Company of dividends on shares of Common Stock), which shall accrue in cash without interest and shall be delivered in cash. Accumulated dividend equivalents shall be payable at such time as the Restricted Stock Units vest as set forth in the Grant Notice. For the avoidance of doubt, dividend equivalents accrued in respect of Restricted Stock Units shall only be paid to the extent the underlying Restricted Stock Unit becomes a vested Restricted Stock Unit, and to the extent that any Restricted Stock Units are forfeited and not vested, the Participant shall have no right to such dividend equivalent payments.
9. Tax Withholding. The provisions of Section 13(d) of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof. In addition, the Committee, subject to its having considered the applicable accounting impact of any such determination, has full discretion to allow the Participant to satisfy, in whole or in part, any additional income, employment and/or other applicable taxes payable by the Participant with respect to an Award by electing to have the Company withhold from the shares of Common Stock otherwise issuable or deliverable to, or that would otherwise be retained by, the Participant upon the grant, vesting or settlement of the Award, as applicable, shares of Common Stock having an aggregate Fair Market Value that is greater than the applicable minimum required statutory withholding liability (but such withholding may in no event be in excess of the maximum statutory withholding amount(s) in the Participants relevant tax jurisdictions). Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Participant acknowledges and agrees that to the extent consistent with applicable law and the Participants status as an independent consultant for U.S. federal income tax purposes, the Company does not intend to withhold any amounts as federal income tax withholdings under any other state or federal laws, and the Participant hereby agrees to make adequate provision for any sums required to satisfy all applicable federal, state, local and foreign tax withholding obligations of the Company which may arise in connection with the grant of the Restricted Stock Units.
10. Notice. Every notice or other communication relating to this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement between the Company and the Participant shall be in writing, and shall be mailed to or delivered to the party for whom it is intended at such address as may from time to time be designated by such party in a notice mailed or delivered to the other party as herein provided; provided that, unless and until some other address be so designated, all notices or communications by the Participant to the Company shall be mailed or delivered to the Company at its principal executive office, to the attention of the Companys General Counsel or its designee, and all notices or communications by the Company to the Participant may be given to the Participant personally or may be mailed to the Participant at the Participants last known address, as reflected in the Companys records. Notwithstanding the above, all notices and communications between the Participant and any third-party plan administrator shall be mailed, delivered, transmitted or sent in accordance with the procedures established by such third-party plan administrator and communicated to the Participant from time to time.