17. No Mitigation. Executive shall not be required to mitigate the amount of any payment provided for in this Agreement by seeking other employment or otherwise and no such payment shall be offset or reduced by the amount of any compensation or benefits provided to Executive in any subsequent employment.
18. Notices. All notices, requests, demands and other communications in connection with this Agreement shall be made in writing and shall be deemed to have been given when delivered by hand or forty-eight (48) hours after mailing at any general or branch United States Post Office, by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, addressed to the Company at its principal business office and to Executive at his home address as maintained in the records of the Company.
19. No Plan Created by this Agreement. Executive and the Company expressly declare and agree that this Agreement was negotiated among them and that no provision or provisions of this Agreement are intended to, or shall be deemed to, create any plan for purposes of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) or any other law or regulation, and each party expressly waives any right to assert the contrary. Any assertion in any judicial or administrative filing, hearing, or process that an ERISA plan was created by this Agreement shall be deemed a material breach of this Agreement by the party making the assertion.
20. Amendments. No amendments or additions to this Agreement shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by all of the parties, except as herein otherwise specifically provided.
21. Applicable Law. Except to the extent preempted by federal law, the laws of the State of Maryland shall govern this Agreement in all respects, whether as to its validity, construction, capacity, performance or otherwise.
22. Severability. The provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed severable and the invalidity or unenforceability of any one provision shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement.
23. Headings. Headings contained in this Agreement are for convenience of reference only.
24. Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with any modifications subsequently agreed to in writing by the parties, shall constitute the entire agreement among the parties with respect to the foregoing subject matter, and shall replace the prior employment agreement between the parties, other than written agreements applicable to specific plans, programs or arrangements described in Sections 5, 6 and 7.
25. Required Provisions. In the event any of the foregoing provisions of this Agreement conflict with the terms of this Section 25, this Section 25 shall prevail.
| ||a. || |
The Companys Board of Directors may terminate Executives employment at any time, but any termination by the Company, other than termination for Cause, shall not prejudice Executives right to compensation or other benefits under this Agreement. Executive shall not have the right to receive compensation or other benefits for any period after termination for Cause as defined in Section 10(d) of this Agreement.