EX-10.19 9 carlosquezadaagreementfirs.htm EX-10.19 Document
FIRST AMENDMENT TO CARLOS QUEZADA’S
This FIRST AMENDMENT TO CARLOS QUEZADA’S EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT (this “First Amendment”) is executed and agreed to by and between Carriage Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), and Carlos Quezada (“Executive”), effective as of June 1, 2021 (the “Amendment Effective Date”).
WHEREAS, Executive and the Company entered into an Employment Agreement dated June 25, 2020 (the “Employment Agreement”); and
WHEREAS, Executive has been promoted to a new position and Executive and the Company desire Executive’s continued employment with the Company under certain amended terms and conditions as set forth herein; and
WHEREAS, the parties now desire to amend the Employment Agreement accordingly.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the premises above, as well as consideration to be granted by the Company to the Executive in the following form, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Section 1 of the Employment Agreement is hereby amended by replacing “Vice President of Cemetery Sales and Marketing” with “Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer” where such figure appears in Section 1.
2. Section 2(a) of the Employment Agreement is hereby amended by replacing “Three Hundred Thousand Dollars ($300,000.00)” with “Four Hundred Thousand Dollars ($400,000.00)” where such figure appears in Section 2(a).
3. Section 2(b) of the Employment Agreement is hereby amended by replacing “50%” with “75%” where such figure appears in Section 2(b).
4. Except as otherwise provided herein, all other provisions of the Employment Agreement shall remain in effect.
5. This First Amendment and the Employment Agreement (other than as amended above) constitute the entire agreement between the parties on the subject of Executive’s employment with the Company.
6. This First Amendment shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof.
7. This First Amendment may be signed in counterparts, each of which shall be an original, with the same effect as if the signatures thereto and hereto were upon the same instrument.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed and delivered this First Amendment as of the date set forth above.
Carriage Services, Inc.
/s/ Melvin C. Payne
By: Melvin C. Payne
Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
/s/ Carlos Quezada
Signature page to
First amendment to Carlos Quezada’s Employment Agreement