Form of Warrant to purchase shares of Series 4 preferred stock
THIS WARRANT AND THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON THE EXERCISE HEREOF HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED. THEY MAY NOT BE SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY THAT REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.
September 30, 2025
WARRANT TO PURCHASE
SERIES 4 PREFERRED STOCK
THIS WARRANT (this Warrant) certifies that, for value received, [WARRANT HOLDER] together with its successors and permitted transferees and assigns (the Holder), is entitled, upon surrender of this Warrant at the principal office of the Company (or at such other place as the Company shall notify the holder hereof in writing), to purchase from Cardiva Medical, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company), up to [___] shares (the Shares) (as may adjusted from time to time in accordance with Section 6 herein) of the Companys Series 4 Preferred Stock, par value $0.001 per share (the Series 4 Preferred Stock).
(a) Exercise Price. The exercise price per Share shall be $1.25 (as adjusted from time to time after the Issuance Date in accordance with Section 6 herein, the Exercise Price).
(b) Exercise Period. This Warrant shall be exercisable, in whole or in part, during the term commencing on the date hereof and ending on the expiration of this Warrant pursuant to Section 13 hereof.
2. Method of Exercise. While this Warrant remains outstanding and exercisable in accordance with Section 1(b) above, the holder may exercise in whole or in part the purchase rights evidenced hereby. Such exercise shall be effected by:
(i) the surrender of the Warrant, together with a notice of exercise to the Secretary of the Company at its principal offices; and
(ii) the payment to the Company of an amount equal to the aggregate Exercise Price for the number of Shares being purchased.
3. Net Exercise. In lieu of cash exercising this Warrant, the Holder of this Warrant may elect to receive Shares equal to the value of this Warrant (or the portion thereof being canceled) by surrender of this Warrant at the principal office of the Company together with notice of such election, in which event the Company shall issue to the Holder hereof a number of Shares computed using the following formula:
|X =|| |
X The number of Shares to be issued to the holder of this Warrant.
Y The number of Shares purchasable under this Warrant.
A The fair market value of one Share.
B The Exercise Price (as adjusted to the date of such calculations).
For purposes of this Section 3, the fair market value of a Share shall be determined by reference to the average of the closing bid and asked prices of shares of the Companys Common Stock, par value $0.001 per share (the Common Stock), quoted in the over-the-counter market in which the Common Stock is traded or the closing price quoted on any exchange on which the Common Stock is listed, whichever is applicable, as published in the Western Edition of The Wall Street Journal for the ten (10) trading days prior to the date of determination of fair market value (or such shorter period of time during which such stock was traded over-the-counter or on such exchange). If the Common Stock is not traded on the over-the-counter market or on an exchange, the fair market value shall be the price per Share that the Company could obtain from a willing buyer for Shares sold by the Company from authorized but unissued Shares, as such prices shall be determined in good faith by the Board.
4. Certificates for Shares. Upon the exercise of the purchase rights evidenced by this Warrant, one or more certificates for the number of Shares so purchased shall be issued as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event within thirty (30) days of the delivery of the subscription notice.
5. Issuance of Shares. The Company covenants that the Shares, when issued pursuant to the exercise of this Warrant, will be duly and validly issued, fully paid and nonassessable and free from all taxes, liens, and charges with respect to the issuance thereof.
6. Adjustment of Exercise Price and Number of Shares. The number of and kind of securities purchasable upon exercise of this Warrant and the Exercise Price shall be subject to adjustment from time to time as follows:
(a) Subdivisions, Combinations and Other Issuances. If the Company shall at any time prior to the expiration of this Warrant subdivide the Shares, by split-up or otherwise, or combine its Shares, or issue additional shares of its Shares as a dividend, the number of Shares issuable on the exercise of this Warrant shall forthwith be proportionately increased in the case of
a subdivision or stock dividend, or proportionately decreased in the case of a combination. Appropriate adjustments shall also be made to the purchase price payable per share, but the aggregate purchase price payable for the total number of Shares purchasable under this Warrant (as adjusted) shall remain the same. Any adjustment under this Section 6(a) shall become effective at the close of business on the date the subdivision or combination becomes effective, or as of the record date of such dividend, or in the event that no record date is fixed, upon the making of such dividend.
(b) Reclassification, Reorganization and Consolidation. In case of any reclassification, capital reorganization, or change in the capital stock of the Company (other than as a result of a subdivision, combination, or stock dividend provided for in Section 6(a) above), then the Company shall make appropriate provision so that the holder of this Warrant shall have the right at any time prior to the expiration of this Warrant to purchase, at a total price equal to that payable upon the exercise of this Warrant, the kind and amount of shares of stock and other securities and property receivable in connection with such reclassification, reorganization, or change by a holder of the same number of Shares as were purchasable by the holder of this Warrant immediately prior to such reclassification, reorganization, or change. In any such case appropriate provisions shall be made with respect to the rights and interest of the holder of this Warrant so that the provisions hereof shall thereafter be applicable with respect to any shares of stock or other securities and property deliverable upon exercise hereof, and appropriate adjustments shall be made to the purchase price per share payable hereunder, provided the aggregate purchase price shall remain the same.
(c) Notice of Adjustment. When any adjustment is required to be made in the number or kind of shares purchasable upon exercise of the Warrant, or in the Exercise Price, the Company shall promptly notify the holder of such event and of the number of Shares or other securities or property thereafter purchasable upon exercise of this Warrant.
7. No Fractional Shares or Scrip. No fractional shares or scrip representing fractional shares shall be issued upon the exercise of this Warrant, but in lieu of such fractional shares the Company shall make a cash payment therefor on the basis of the Exercise Price then in effect.
8. Representations of the Company. The Company represents that all corporate actions on the part of the Company, its officers, directors and stockholders necessary for the sale and issuance of this Warrant have been taken.
9. Representations and Warranties by the Holder. The Holder represents and warrants to the Company as follows:
(a) This Warrant, the Shares issuable upon exercise thereof and any shares issuable upon conversion of such Shares (collectively, the Securities) are being acquired for the Holders own account, for investment and not with a view to, or for resale in connection with, any distribution or public offering thereof within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Act). Upon exercise of this Warrant, the Holder shall, if so requested by the Company, confirm in writing, in a form satisfactory to the Company, that the securities issuable upon exercise of this Warrant and upon conversion of such securities are being acquired for investment and not with a view toward distribution or resale.
(b) The Holder understands that the Securities have not been registered under the Act by reason of their issuance in a transaction exempt from the registration and prospectus delivery requirements of the Act pursuant to Section 4(2) thereof, and that they must be held by the Holder indefinitely, and that the Holder must therefore bear the economic risk of such investment indefinitely, unless a subsequent disposition thereof is registered under the Act or is exempted from such registration. The Holder further understands that the Securities have not been qualified under the California Securities Law of 1968 (the California Law) by reason of their issuance in a transaction exempt from the qualification requirements of the California Law pursuant to Section 25102(f) thereof, which exemption depends upon, among other things, the bona fide nature of the Holders investment intent expressed above.
(c) The Holder has such knowledge and experience in financial and business matters that it is capable of evaluating the merits and risks of the purchase of this Warrant and the Securities and of protecting its interests in connection therewith. The Holder is able to bear the economic risk of the purchase of the Shares pursuant to the terms of this Warrant.
(d) The Holder acknowledges that the Company has given the Holder access to the corporate records and accounts of the Company and to all information in its possession relating to the Company, has made its officers and representatives available for interview by the Holder, and has furnished the Holder with all documents and other information required for the Holder to make an informed decision with respect to the purchase of the Warrant.
(e) The Holder is an accredited investor as such term is defined in Rule 501 of Regulation D promulgated under the Act.
10. Restrictive Legend.
The Securities (unless registered under the Act) shall be stamped or imprinted with a legend in substantially the following form:
THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED HEREBY HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE ACT), OR UNDER THE SECURITIES LAWS OF CERTAIN STATES. THESE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE OFFERED, SOLD OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED, PLEDGED OR HYPOTHECATED EXCEPT AS PERMITTED UNDER THE ACT AND APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS PURSUANT TO REGISTRATION OR AN EXEMPTION THEREFROM. THE ISSUER OF THESE SECURITIES MAY REQUIRE AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE ISSUER THAT SUCH OFFER, SALE OR TRANSFER, PLEDGE OR HYPOTHECATION OTHERWISE COMPLIES WITH THE ACT AND ANY APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS.
The Securities also shall be stamped or imprinted with the following additional legends:
THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE ARE SUBJECT TO (1) RESTRICTIONS ON TRANSFERABILITY AND RESALE, INCLUDING A LOCK-UP PERIOD IN THE EVENT OF A PUBLIC OFFERING, AS SET FORTH IN AN INVESTORS RIGHTS AGREEMENT, AND (2) VOTING RESTRICTIONS AS SET FORTH IN A VOTING AGREEMENT AMONG THE COMPANY AND THE ORIGINAL HOLDERS OF THESE SHARES, COPIES OF WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED AT THE PRINCIPAL OFFICE OF THE COMPANY.
Any legend required by any applicable state securities laws or other agreements relating to the Securities.
11. Warrants Transferable.
(a) Subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of this Section 11, this Warrant and all rights hereunder are transferable, in whole, without charge to the holder hereof (except for transfer taxes), upon surrender of this Warrant, properly endorsed and accompanied by written instructions of transfer and an agreement in writing by transferee to be bound by the obligations set forth herein.
(b) With respect to any offer, sale or other disposition of this Warrant prior to registration of such Warrant, the holder hereof agrees to give written notice to the Company prior thereto, describing briefly the manner thereof, together with a written opinion of such holders counsel, or other evidence, if reasonably requested by the Company, to the effect that such offer, sale or other disposition may be effected without registration or qualification (under the Act as then in effect or any federal or state securities law then in effect) of this Warrant and indicating whether or not under the Act certificates for this Warrant to be sold or otherwise disposed of require any restrictive legend as to applicable restrictions on transferability in order to ensure compliance with such law. Upon receiving such written notice and reasonably satisfactory opinion or other evidence, if so requested, the Company, as promptly as practicable, shall notify such holder that such holder may sell or otherwise dispose of this Warrant, all in accordance with the terms of the notice delivered to the Company. If a determination has been made pursuant to this Section 11 that the opinion of counsel for the holder or other evidence is not reasonably satisfactory to the Company, the Company shall so notify the holder promptly with details thereof after such determination has been made. Each certificate representing this Warrant transferred in accordance with this Section 11 shall bear a legend as to the applicable restrictions on transferability in order to ensure compliance with such laws, unless in the aforesaid opinion of counsel for the holder, such legend is not required in order to ensure compliance with such laws. The Company may issue stop transfer instructions to its transfer agent in connection with such restrictions.
(c) Permitted transfers include (i) a transfer not involving a change in beneficial ownership, or (ii) in transactions involving the distribution of securities to (x) a parent, subsidiary or other affiliate of the Holder that is a corporation, or (y) any of its partners, members or other equity owners, or retired partners, retired members or other equity owners, or to the estate of any of its partners, members or other equity owners or retired partners, retired members or other equity owners, (iii) transfers without consideration in connection with a liquidation, dissolution or winding up of the Holder, or (iv) transfers in compliance with Rule 144, as long as the Company is furnished with satisfactory evidence of compliance with such Rule; provided, in each case, that the Holder shall give written notice to the Company of Holders intention to effect such disposition and shall have furnished the Company with a detailed description of the manner and circumstances of the proposed disposition.
12. Rights of Stockholders. No holder of this Warrant shall be entitled, as a Warrant holder, to vote or receive dividends or be deemed the holder of the Shares or any other securities of the Company which may at any time be issuable on the exercise hereof for any purpose, nor shall anything contained herein be construed to confer upon the holder of this Warrant, as such, any of the rights of a stockholder of the Company or any right to vote for the election of directors or upon any matter submitted to stockholders at any meeting thereof, or to give or withhold consent to any corporate action (whether upon any recapitalization, issuance of stock, reclassification of stock, change of par value, consolidation, merger, conveyance, or otherwise) or to receive notice of meetings, or to receive dividends or subscription rights or otherwise until the Warrant shall have been exercised and the Shares purchasable upon the exercise hereof shall have become deliverable, as provided herein.
13. Expiration of Warrant; Notice of Certain Events Terminating This Warrant.
(a) This Warrant shall expire and shall no longer be exercisable upon the earlier to occur of:
(i) 5:00 p.m., California local time, on September 30, 2025; or
(ii) a Liquidation (as defined in the Companys Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation, as may be amended from time to time).
The Company shall provide at least ten (10) days prior written notice of expiration this Warrant or a Liquidation.
14. Notices. All notices and other communications required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and shall be mailed by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, sent by facsimile or electronic mail or otherwise delivered by hand or by messenger addressed, if to the Holder, at the Holders address, facsimile number or electronic mail address as shown in the Companys records, and if to the Company, one copy should be sent to 2900 Lakeside Drive, Suite 160, Santa Clara, CA 95054, facsimile number: (408) 470-7134, Attn: Chief Executive Officer, or at such other address as the Company shall have furnished to the Holder, with a copy Brian J. Cuneo, Latham & Watkins LLP, 140 Scott Drive, Menlo Park, California 94025, facsimile number: (650) 462-2600. Each such notice or other communication shall for all purposes of this Warrant be treated as effective or having been given when delivered if delivered personally, or, if sent by mail, at the earlier of its receipt or seventy-two (72) hours after the same has been deposited in a regularly maintained receptacle for the deposit of the United States mail, addressed and mailed as aforesaid or, if sent by facsimile, upon confirmation of facsimile transfer or, if sent by electronic mail, upon confirmation of delivery.
15. Market Stand-Off Agreement. Holder agrees that the Securities shall be subject to the Market Stand-Off provisions in Section 2.10 of the Companys Seventh Amended and Restated Investors Rights Agreement, as amended from time to time.
16. Severability. If any provision of this Warrant shall be judicially determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
17. Entire Agreement. This Warrant constitutes and contains the entire agreement among the Company and the Holder and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements, negotiations, correspondence, understandings and communications among the parties, whether written or oral, respecting the subject matter hereof.
18. Waivers and Amendments. Any provision of this Warrant may be amended, waived or modified only upon the written consent of the Company and the Holder.
19. Governing Law. This Warrant and all actions arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions of the State of California or of any other state. Any and all disputes arising out of or related to this Warrant shall be adjudicated exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
20. Successors and Assigns; Rights and Obligations Survive Exercise of Warrant. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, the provisions hereof shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon, the successors and assigns of the parties hereto. Unless otherwise provided herein, the rights and obligations of the Company and of the holder of Securities shall survive the exercise of this Warrant.
Issued this 30th day of September, 2015.
|CARDIVA MEDICAL, INC.|
|a Delaware corporation|
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
CARDIVA MEDICAL, INC.
2900 Lakeside Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054
1. The undersigned hereby elects to purchase __________ Shares of __________ pursuant to the terms of the attached Warrant.
2. Method of Exercise (Please initial the applicable blank):
____ The undersigned elects to exercise the attached Warrant by means of a cash payment, and tenders herewith payment in full for the Exercise Price of the Shares being purchased, together with all applicable transfer taxes, if any.
____ The undersigned elects to exercise the attached Warrant by means of the net exercise provisions of Section 3 of the Warrant.
3. Please issue a certificate or certificates representing said Shares in the name of the undersigned or in such other name as is specified below:
4. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that the aforesaid Securities are being acquired for the account of the undersigned for investment and not with a view to, or for resale, in connection with the distribution thereof, and that the undersigned has no present intention of distributing or reselling the Securities, and all representations and warranties of the undersigned set forth in Section 9 of the attached Warrant (including Section 9(e) thereof) are true and correct as of the date hereof.
FORM OF TRANSFER
(To be signed only upon transfer of Warrant)
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the undersigned hereby sells, assigns and transfers unto _________________________________________________ the right represented by the attached Warrant to purchase __________ shares of ________________________ of Cardiva Medical, Inc. to which the attached Warrant relates, and appoints _____________ as attorney to transfer such right on the books of ___________, with full power of substitution in the premises.
|(Signature must conform in all respects to name of Holder as specified on the face of the Warrant)|
|Signed in the presence of:|