First Supplemental Indenture, dated as of May 24, 2019, among BWX Technologies, Inc., each of the guarantors party thereto and U.S. Bank National Association, as trustee
EX-4.3 2 exhibit436301910q.htm EXHIBIT 4.3 Exhibit
SUPPLEMENTAL INDENTURE (this “Supplemental Indenture”), dated as of May 24, 2019, among BWX Technologies, Inc. (the “Issuer”), BWXT Advanced Technologies LLC (the “Guaranteeing Subsidiary”), a subsidiary of the Issuer, and U.S. Bank National Association, as trustee under the Indenture referred to below (the “Trustee”).
W I T N E S S E T H
WHEREAS, the Issuer has heretofore executed and delivered to the Trustee an indenture (the “Indenture”), dated as of May 24, 2018 providing for the issuance of 5.375% Senior Notes due 2026 (the “Notes”);
WHEREAS, the Indenture provides that under certain circumstances the Guaranteeing Subsidiary shall execute and deliver to the Trustee a supplemental indenture pursuant to which the Guaranteeing Subsidiary shall unconditionally guarantee all of the Issuer’s Obligations under the Notes and the Indenture on the terms and conditions set forth herein (the “Guarantee”); and
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 901 of the Indenture, the Trustee is authorized to execute and deliver this Supplemental Indenture.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the Guaranteeing Subsidiary and the Trustee mutually covenant and agree for the equal and ratable benefit of the Holders of the Notes as follows:
1. CAPITALIZED TERMS. Capitalized terms used herein without definition shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Indenture.
2. AGREEMENT TO GUARANTEE. The Guaranteeing Subsidiary hereby agrees to provide an unconditional Guarantee on the terms and subject to the conditions set forth in the Indenture including but not limited to Article 12 thereof.
3. NO RECOURSE AGAINST OTHERS. No past, present or future director, officer, employee, incorporator, stockholder or agent of the Guaranteeing Subsidiary, as such, shall have any liability for any obligations of the Issuer or any Guaranteeing Subsidiary under the Notes, any Guarantees, the Indenture or this Supplemental Indenture or for any claim based on, in respect of, or by reason of, such obligations or their creation. Each Holder of the Notes by accepting a Note waives and releases all such liability. The waiver and release are part of the consideration for issuance of the Notes. Such waiver may not be effective to waive liabilities under the federal securities laws and it is the view of the SEC that such a waiver is against public policy.
4. GOVERNING LAW. THIS SUPPLEMENTAL INDENTURE SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK. THE PARTIES HERETO AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF ANY UNITED STATES FEDERAL OR STATE COURT LOCATED IN THE BOROUGH OF MANHATTAN, IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SUPPLEMENTAL INDENTURE.
5. COUNTERPARTS. The parties may sign any number of copies of this Supplemental Indenture. Each signed copy shall be an original, but all of them together represent the same agreement. The exchange of copies of the Supplemental Indenture and of signature pages by facsimile or PDF transmission
shall constitute effective execution and delivery of the Supplemental Indenture as to the parties hereto and may be used in lieu of the original Supplemental Indenture for all purposes. Signatures of the parties hereto transmitted by facsimile or PDF shall be deemed to be their original signatures for all purposes.
6. EFFECT OF HEADINGS. The Section headings herein are for convenience or reference only and are not intended to be considered a part hereof and shall not affect the construction hereof.
7. THE TRUSTEE. The Trustee shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for or in respect of the validity or sufficiency of this Supplemental Indenture or for or in respect of the recitals contained herein, all of which recitals are made solely by the Guaranteeing Subsidiary and the Issuer.
[Remainder of Page Intentionally Left Blank.]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this Supplemental Indenture to be duly executed, all as of the date first above written.
BWX TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
By: /s/ Kirt J. Kubbs
Name: Kirt J. Kubbs
Title: Vice President, Treasurer
BWXT ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES LLC,
By: BWXT NUCLEAR ENERGY, INC.
Its: Sole Member
By: /s/ Kirt J. Kubbs
Name: Kirt J. Kubbs
U.S. BANK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION, as Trustee
By: /s/ Melody M. Scott
Name: Melody M. Scott
Title: Assistant Vice President