Employment Agreement between the Registrant and Thomas Leggett, to be in effect upon the closing of this offering
This Employment Agreement (Agreement) is made between Black Diamond Therapeutics, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company), and Thomas Leggett (the Executive) and is effective as of the closing of the Companys first underwritten public offering of its equity securities pursuant to an effective registration statement under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Effective Date). Except with respect to the Equity Documents (as defined below), this Agreement supersedes in all respects all prior agreements between the Executive and the Company regarding the subject matter herein, including without limitation (i) the offer letter between the Executive and the Company dated August 15, 2019 (the Prior Agreement), and (ii) any other offer letter, employment agreement or severance agreement.
WHEREAS, the Company desires to continue to employ the Executive and the Executive desires to continue to be employed by the Company on the new terms and conditions contained herein.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements herein contained and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
(a) Term. The Company shall employ the Executive and the Executive shall be employed by the Company pursuant to this Agreement commencing as of the Effective Date and continuing until such employment is terminated in accordance with the provisions hereof (the Term). The Executives employment with the Company will continue to be at will, meaning that the Executives employment may be terminated by the Company or the Executive at any time and for any reason subject to the terms of this Agreement.
(b) Position and Duties. The Executive shall serve as the Chief Financial Officer of the Company and shall have such powers and duties as may from time to time be prescribed by the Chief Executive Officer (the CEO) or other duly authorized executive. The Executive shall devote the Executives full working time and efforts to the business and affairs of the Company. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Executive may serve on other boards of directors, with the approval of the Board of Directors of the Company (the Board), or engage in religious, charitable or other community activities as long as such services and activities are disclosed to the Board and do not interfere with the Executives performance of the Executives duties to the Company. To the extent applicable, the Executive shall be deemed to have resigned from all officer and board member positions that the Executive holds with the Company or any of its respective subsidiaries and affiliates upon the termination of the Executives employment for any reason. The Executive shall execute any documents in reasonable form as may be requested to confirm or effectuate any such resignations.
2. Compensation and Related Matters.
(a) Base Salary. The Executives initial base salary shall be paid at the rate of $390,000 per year. The Executives base salary shall be subject to periodic review by the Board or the Compensation Committee of the Board (the Compensation Committee). The base salary in effect at any given time is referred to herein as Base Salary. The Base Salary shall be payable in a manner that is consistent with the Companys usual payroll practices for executive officers.
(b) Incentive Compensation. The Executive shall be eligible to receive cash incentive compensation as determined by the Board or the Compensation Committee from time to time. The Executives initial target annual incentive compensation shall be 40 percent of the Executives Base Salary; provided that any incentive compensation awarded with respect to calendar year 2019 will be pro-rated for the number of months in 2019 of full-time employment with the Company. The target annual incentive compensation in effect at any given time is referred to herein as Target Bonus. The actual amount of the Executives annual incentive compensation, if any, shall be determined in the sole discretion of the Board or the Compensation Committee, subject to the terms of any applicable incentive compensation plan that may be in effect from time to time. In addition, if the Executive remains employed on the one year anniversary of his commencement of employment, which will be on or around September 5, 2020, the Company will pay him the second and final installment of his signing bonus in the gross amount of $62,500, less applicable deductions and withholdings, to be paid within 30 days after September 5, 2020. Except as otherwise provided herein, to earn incentive compensation, the Executive must be employed by the Company on the day such incentive compensation is paid.
(c) Expenses. The Executive shall be entitled to receive prompt reimbursement for all reasonable expenses incurred by the Executive during the Term in performing services hereunder, in accordance with the policies and procedures then in effect and established by the Company for its executive officers.
(d) Other Benefits. The Executive shall be eligible to participate in or receive benefits under the Companys employee benefit plans in effect from time to time, subject to the terms of such plans.
(e) Paid Time Off. The Executive shall be entitled to take paid time off in accordance with the Companys applicable paid time off policy for executives, as may be in effect from time to time.
(f) Equity. The equity awards held by the Executive shall continue to be governed by the terms and conditions of the Companys applicable equity incentive plan(s) and the applicable award agreement(s) governing the terms of such equity awards held by the Executive (collectively, the Equity Documents); provided, however, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Equity Documents, Section 6(a)(ii) of this Agreement shall apply in the event of a termination by the Company without Cause or by the Executive for Good Reason in either event within the Change in Control Period (as such terms are defined below).
3. Termination. The Executives employment hereunder may be terminated without any breach of this Agreement under the following circumstances:
(a) Death. The Executives employment hereunder shall terminate upon death.
(b) Disability. The Company may terminate the Executives employment if the Executive is disabled and unable to perform the essential functions of the Executives then existing position or positions under this Agreement with or without reasonable accommodation for a period of 180 days (which need not be consecutive) in any 12-month period. If any question shall arise as to whether during any period the Executive is disabled so as to be unable to perform the essential functions of the Executives then existing position or positions with or without reasonable accommodation, the Executive may, and at the request of the Company shall, submit to the Company a certification in reasonable detail by a physician selected by the Company to whom the Executive or the Executives guardian has no reasonable objection as to whether the Executive is so disabled or how long such disability is expected to continue, and such certification shall for the purposes of this Agreement be conclusive of the issue. The Executive shall cooperate with any reasonable request of the physician in connection with such certification. If such question shall arise and the Executive shall fail to submit such certification, the Companys determination of such issue shall be binding on the Executive. Nothing in this Section 3(b) shall be construed to waive the Executives rights, if any, under existing law including, without limitation, the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, 29 U.S.C. §2601 et seq. and the Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 U.S.C. §12101 et seq.
(c) Termination by Company for Cause. The Company may terminate the Executives employment hereunder for Cause. For purposes of this Agreement, Cause shall mean any of the following:
(i) the willful failure, disregard or refusal by the Executive to perform the Executives material duties or obligations under this Agreement which, to the extent it is curable by the Executive, is not cured within thirty (30) days after written notice thereof is given to the Executive by the Company;
(ii) any willful, intentional or grossly negligent act by the Executive having the effect of materially injuring (whether financially or otherwise) the business or reputation of the Company or any of its affiliates, including but not limited to, any senior officer, director or executive of the Company or any of its affiliates;
(iii) willful misconduct by the Executive with respect to any of the material duties or obligations of the Executive under this Agreement, including, without limitation, willful insubordination with respect to lawful directions received by the Executive from the Board which, to the extent it is curable by the Executive, is not cured within thirty (30) days after written notice thereof is given to the Executive by the Company;
(iv) the commission by the Executive of acts satisfying the elements of (A) any felony or (B) a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, deceit, dishonesty or fraud;
(v) the determination, after a reasonable and good-faith investigation by the Company, that the Executive engaged in some form of harassment or discrimination prohibited by law (including, without limitation, age, sex or race harassment or discrimination);
(vi) the Executives material misappropriation or embezzlement of the property of the Company or its Affiliates (whether or not a misdemeanor or felony);
(vii) material breach by the Executive of any of the provisions of this Agreement, of any Company policy, and/or of the Executives Restrictive Covenants Agreement (as defined below); or
(viii) the Executives failure to cooperate with a bona fide internal investigation or an investigation by regulatory or law enforcement authorities, after being instructed by the Company to cooperate, or the willful destruction or failure to preserve documents or other materials known to be relevant to such investigation or the inducement of others to fail to cooperate or to produce documents or other materials in connection with such investigation.
(d) Termination by the Company without Cause. The Company may terminate the Executives employment hereunder at any time without Cause. Any termination by the Company of the Executives employment under this Agreement which does not constitute a termination for Cause under Section 3(c) and does not result from the death or disability of the Executive under Section 3(a) or (b) shall be deemed a termination without Cause.
(e) Termination by the Executive. The Executive may terminate employment hereunder at any time for any reason, including but not limited to, Good Reason. For purposes of this Agreement, Good Reason shall mean that the Executive has completed all steps of the Good Reason Process (hereinafter defined) following the occurrence of any of the following events without the Executives consent (each, a Good Reason Condition):
(i) a material adverse change in Executives duties, authority, responsibilities or reporting chain relative to Executives duties, authority, or responsibilities in effect immediately prior to such change;
(ii) a material diminution in the Executives Base Salary except for across-the-board salary reductions based on the Companys financial performance similarly affecting all or substantially all senior management employees of the Company;
(iii) a material change in the geographic location at which the Executive provides services to the Company, such that there is an increase of at least thirty (30) miles of driving distance to such location from the Executives principal residence as of such change; or
(iv) a material breach of this Agreement by the Company.
The Good Reason Process consists of the following steps:
(i) the Executive reasonably determines in good faith that a Good Reason Condition has occurred;
(ii) the Executive notifies the Company in writing of the first occurrence of the Good Reason Condition within 60 days of the first occurrence of such condition;
(iii) the Executive cooperates in good faith with the Companys efforts, for a period of not less than 30 days following such notice (the Cure Period), to remedy the Good Reason Condition;
(iv) notwithstanding such efforts, the Good Reason Condition continues to exist; and
(v) the Executive terminates employment within 60 days after the end of the Cure Period.
If the Company cures the Good Reason Condition during the Cure Period, Good Reason shall be deemed not to have occurred.
If the Executives employment with the Company is terminated for any reason, the Company shall pay or provide to the Executive (or to the Executives authorized representative or estate) (i) any Base Salary earned through the Date of Termination; (ii) unpaid expense reimbursements (subject to, and in accordance with, Section 2(c) of this Agreement); and (iii) any vested benefits the Executive may have under any employee benefit plan of the Company through the Date of Termination, which vested benefits shall be paid and/or provided in accordance with the terms of such employee benefit plans (collectively, the Accrued Obligations).
4. Notice and Date of Termination.
(a) Notice of Termination. Except for termination as specified in Section 3(a), any termination of the Executives employment by the Company or any such termination by the Executive shall be communicated by written Notice of Termination to the other party hereto. For purposes of this Agreement, a Notice of Termination shall mean a notice which shall indicate the specific termination provision in this Agreement relied upon.
(b) Date of Termination. Date of Termination shall mean: (i) if the Executives employment is terminated by death, the date of death; (ii) if the Executives employment is terminated on account of disability under Section 3(b) or by the Company for Cause under Section 3(c), the date on which Notice of Termination is given; (iii) if the Executives employment is terminated by the Company without Cause under Section 3(d), the date on which a Notice of Termination is given or the date otherwise specified by the Company in the Notice of Termination; (iv) if the Executives employment is terminated by the Executive under Section 3(e) other than for Good Reason, 30 days after the date on which a Notice of
Termination is given, and (v) if the Executives employment is terminated by the Executive under Section 3(e) for Good Reason, the date on which a Notice of Termination is given after the end of the Cure Period. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the Executive gives a Notice of Termination to the Company, the Company may unilaterally accelerate the Date of Termination and such acceleration shall not result in a termination by the Company for purposes of this Agreement.
5. Severance Pay and Benefits Upon Termination by the Company without Cause or by the Executive for Good Reason Outside the Change in Control Period. If the Executives employment is terminated by the Company without Cause as provided in Section 3(d), or the Executive terminates employment for Good Reason as provided in Section 3(e), each outside of the Change in Control Period (as defined below), then, in addition to the Accrued Obligations, and subject to (i) the Executive signing a separation agreement and release in a form and manner satisfactory to the Company, which shall include, without limitation, a general release of claims against the Company and all related persons and entities, a reaffirmation of all of the Executives Continuing Obligations (as defined below), and, in the Companys sole discretion, a one-year post-employment noncompetition agreement, and shall provide that if the Executive breaches any of the Continuing Obligations, all payments of the Severance Amount shall immediately cease (the Separation Agreement and Release), and (ii) the Separation Agreement and Release becoming irrevocable, all within 60 days after the Date of Termination (or such shorter period as set forth in the Separation Agreement and Release), which shall include a seven (7) business day revocation period:
(a) the Company shall pay the Executive an amount equal to the sum of (A) 12 months of the Executives Base Salary plus (B) the Executives Target Bonus for the then-current year (the Severance Amount); provided in the event the Executive is entitled to any payments pursuant to the Restrictive Covenants Agreement, the Severance Amount received in any calendar year will be reduced by the amount the Executive is paid in the same such calendar year pursuant to the Restrictive Covenants Agreement (the Restrictive Covenants Agreement Setoff); and
(b) subject to the Executives copayment of premium amounts at the applicable active employees rate and the Executives proper election to receive benefits under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985, as amended (COBRA), the Company shall pay to the group health plan provider, the COBRA provider or the Executive a monthly payment equal to the monthly employer contribution that the Company would have made to provide health insurance to the Executive if the Executive had remained employed by the Company until the earliest of (A) the 12 month anniversary of the Date of Termination; (B) the Executives eligibility for group medical plan benefits under any other employers group medical plan; or (C) the cessation of the Executives continuation rights under COBRA; provided, however, if the Company determines that it cannot pay such amounts to the group health plan provider or the COBRA provider (if applicable) without potentially violating applicable law (including, without limitation, Section 2716 of the Public Health Service Act), then the Company shall convert such payments to payroll payments directly to the Executive for the time period specified above. Such payments shall be subject to tax-related deductions and withholdings and paid on the Companys regular payroll dates.
The amounts payable under Section 5, to the extent taxable, shall be paid out in substantially equal installments in accordance with the Companys payroll practice over 12 months commencing within 60 days after the Date of Termination; provided, however, that if the 60-day period begins in one calendar year and ends in a second calendar year, the Severance Amount, to the extent it qualifies as non-qualified deferred compensation within the meaning of Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the Code), shall begin to be paid in the second calendar year by the last day of such 60-day period; provided, further, that the initial payment shall include a catch-up payment to cover amounts retroactive to the day immediately following the Date of Termination. Each payment pursuant to this Agreement is intended to constitute a separate payment for purposes of Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-2(b)(2).
6. Severance Pay and Benefits Upon Termination by the Company without Cause or by the Executive for Good Reason within the Change in Control Period. The provisions of this Section 6 shall apply in lieu of, and expressly supersede, the provisions of Section 5 if (i) the Executives employment is terminated either (a) by the Company without Cause as provided in Section 3(d), or (b) by the Executive for Good Reason as provided in Section 3(e), and (ii) the Date of Termination is within 12 months after the occurrence of the first event constituting a Change in Control (such period, the Change in Control Period). These provisions shall terminate and be of no further force or effect after a Change in Control Period.
(a) If the Executives employment is terminated by the Company without Cause as provided in Section 3(d) or the Executive terminates employment for Good Reason as provided in Section 3(e) and in each case the Date of Termination occurs during the Change in Control Period, then, in addition to the Accrued Obligations, and subject to the signing of the Separation Agreement and Release by the Executive and the Separation Agreement and Release becoming fully effective, all within the time frame set forth in the Separation Agreement and Release but in no event more than 60 days after the Date of Termination:
(i) the Company shall pay the Executive a lump sum in cash in an amount equal to 1.0 times the sum of (A) the Executives then current Base Salary (or the Executives Base Salary in effect immediately prior to the Change in Control, if higher) plus (B) the Executives Target Bonus for the then-current year (the Change in Control Payment); provided the Change in Control Payment shall be reduced by the amount of the Restrictive Covenants Agreement Setoff, if applicable, paid or to be paid in the same calendar year; and
(ii) notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any applicable option agreement or other stock-based award agreement, all stock options and other stock-based awards held by the Executive (the Equity Awards) shall immediately accelerate and become fully exercisable or nonforfeitable as of the later of (i) the Date of Termination or (ii) the effective date of the Separation Agreement and Release (the Accelerated Vesting Date); provided that any termination or forfeiture of the unvested portion of such Equity Awards that would otherwise occur on the Date of Termination in the absence of this Agreement will be delayed until the effective date of the Separation Agreement and Release and will only occur if the vesting pursuant to this subsection does not occur due to the absence of the Separation Agreement and Release becoming fully effective within the time period set forth therein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no additional vesting of the Equity Awards shall occur during the period between the Executives Date of Termination and the Accelerated Vesting Date; and
(iii) subject to the Executives copayment of premium amounts at the applicable active employees rate and the Executives proper election to receive benefits under COBRA, the Company shall pay to the group health plan provider, the COBRA provider or the Executive a monthly payment equal to the monthly employer contribution that the Company would have made to provide health insurance to the Executive if the Executive had remained employed by the Company until the earliest of (A) the 12 month anniversary of the Date of Termination; (B) the Executives eligibility for group medical plan benefits under any other employers group medical plan; or (C) the cessation of the Executives continuation rights under COBRA; provided, however, if the Company determines that it cannot pay such amounts to the group health plan provider or the COBRA provider (if applicable) without potentially violating applicable law (including, without limitation, Section 2716 of the Public Health Service Act), then the Company shall convert such payments to payroll payments directly to the Executive for the time period specified above. Such payments shall be subject to tax-related deductions and withholdings and paid on the Companys regular payroll dates.
The amounts payable under this Section 6(a), to the extent taxable, shall be paid or commence to be paid within 60 days after the Date of Termination; provided, however, that if the 60-day period begins in one calendar year and ends in a second calendar year, such payments to the extent they qualify as non-qualified deferred compensation within the meaning of Section 409A of the Code, shall be paid or commence to be paid in the second calendar year by the last day of such 60-day period.
(b) Additional Limitation.
(i) Anything in this Agreement to the contrary notwithstanding, in the event that the amount of any compensation, payment or distribution by the Company to or for the benefit of the Executive, whether paid or payable or distributed or distributable pursuant to the terms of this Agreement or otherwise, calculated in a manner consistent with Section 280G of the Code, and the applicable regulations thereunder (the Aggregate Payments), would be subject to the excise tax imposed by Section 4999 of the Code, then the Aggregate Payments shall be reduced (but not below zero) so that the sum of all of the Aggregate Payments shall be $1.00 less than the amount at which the Executive becomes subject to the excise tax imposed by Section 4999 of the Code; provided that such reduction shall only occur if it would result in the Executive receiving a higher After Tax Amount (as defined below) than the Executive would receive if the Aggregate Payments were not subject to such reduction. In such event, the Aggregate Payments shall be reduced in the following order, in each case, in reverse chronological order beginning with the Aggregate Payments that are to be paid the furthest in time from consummation of the transaction that is subject to Section 280G of the Code: (1) cash payments not subject to Section 409A of the Code; (2) cash payments subject to Section 409A of the Code; (3) equity-based payments and acceleration; and (4) non-cash forms of benefits; provided that in the case of all the foregoing Aggregate Payments all amounts or payments that are not subject to calculation under Treas. Reg. §1.280G-1, Q&A-24(b) or (c) shall be reduced before any amounts that are subject to calculation under Treas. Reg. §1.280G-1, Q&A-24(b) or (c).
(ii) For purposes of this Section 6(b), the After Tax Amount means the amount of the Aggregate Payments less all federal, state, and local income, excise and employment taxes imposed on the Executive as a result of the Executives receipt of the Aggregate Payments. For purposes of determining the After Tax Amount, the Executive shall be deemed to pay federal income taxes at the highest marginal rate of federal income taxation applicable to individuals for the calendar year in which the determination is to be made, and state and local income taxes at the highest marginal rates of individual taxation in each applicable state and locality, net of the maximum reduction in federal income taxes which could be obtained from deduction of such state and local taxes.
(iii) The determination as to whether a reduction in the Aggregate Payments shall be made pursuant to Section 6(b)(i) shall be made by a nationally recognized accounting firm selected by the Company (the Accounting Firm), which shall provide detailed supporting calculations both to the Company and the Executive within 15 business days of the Date of Termination, if applicable, or at such earlier time as is reasonably requested by the Company or the Executive. Any determination by the Accounting Firm shall be binding upon the Company and the Executive.
(c) Definitions. For purposes of this Section 6, a Change in Control shall mean a Sale Event as defined in the Black Diamond Therapeutics, Inc. 2019 Stock Option and Incentive Plan, as may be amended from time to time, but only to the extent such Sale Event is also a change in control event within the meaning of Section 409A of the Code and the regulations promulgated thereunder.
7. Section 409A.
(a) Anything in this Agreement to the contrary notwithstanding, if at the time of the Executives separation from service within the meaning of Section 409A of the Code, the Company determines that the Executive is a specified employee within the meaning of Section 409A(a)(2)(B)(i) of the Code, then to the extent any payment or benefit that the Executive becomes entitled to under this Agreement or otherwise on account of the Executives separation from service would be considered deferred compensation otherwise subject to the 20 percent additional tax imposed pursuant to Section 409A(a) of the Code as a result of the application of Section 409A(a)(2)(B)(i) of the Code, such payment shall not be payable and such benefit shall not be provided until the date that is the earlier of (A) six months and one day after the Executives separation from service, or (B) the Executives death. If any such delayed cash payment is otherwise payable on an installment basis, the first payment shall include a catch-up payment covering amounts that would otherwise have been paid during the six-month period but for the application of this provision, and the balance of the installments shall be payable in accordance with their original schedule.
(b) All in-kind benefits provided and expenses eligible for reimbursement under this Agreement shall be provided by the Company or incurred by the Executive during the time periods set forth in this Agreement. All reimbursements shall be paid as soon as administratively practicable, but in no event shall any reimbursement be paid after the last day of the taxable year following the taxable year in which the expense was incurred. The amount of in-kind benefits provided or reimbursable expenses incurred in one taxable year shall not affect the in-kind benefits to be provided or the expenses eligible for reimbursement in any other taxable year (except for any lifetime or other aggregate limitation applicable to medical expenses). Such right to reimbursement or in-kind benefits is not subject to liquidation or exchange for another benefit.
(c) To the extent that any payment or benefit described in this Agreement constitutes non-qualified deferred compensation under Section 409A of the Code, and to the extent that such payment or benefit is payable upon the Executives termination of employment, then such payments or benefits shall be payable only upon the Executives separation from service. The determination of whether and when a separation from service has occurred shall be made in accordance with the presumptions set forth in Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(h).
(d) The parties intend that this Agreement will be administered in accordance with Section 409A of the Code. To the extent that any provision of this Agreement is ambiguous as to its compliance with Section 409A of the Code, the provision shall be read in such a manner so that all payments hereunder comply with Section 409A of the Code. Each payment pursuant to this Agreement or the Restrictive Covenants Agreement is intended to constitute a separate payment for purposes of Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-2(b)(2). The parties agree that this Agreement may be amended, as reasonably requested by either party, and as may be necessary to fully comply with Section 409A of the Code and all related rules and regulations in order to preserve the payments and benefits provided hereunder without additional cost to either party.
(e) The Company makes no representation or warranty and shall have no liability to the Executive or any other person if any provisions of this Agreement are determined to constitute deferred compensation subject to Section 409A of the Code but do not satisfy an exemption from, or the conditions of, such Section.
8. Continuing Obligations.
(a) Restrictive Covenants Agreement. As a condition of employment, the Executive is required to enter into the Employee Confidentiality, Assignment, Nonsolicitation and Noncompetition Agreement, attached hereto as Exhibit A (the Restrictive Covenants Agreement). The Executive acknowledges that the benefits of this Agreement, to which the Executive was not previously entitled, are fair and reasonable consideration independent from the continuation of employment sufficient to support the Restrictive Covenants Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, the obligations in this Section 8 and those that arise in the Restrictive Covenants Agreement and any other agreement relating to confidentiality, assignment of inventions, or other restrictive covenants shall collectively be referred to as the Continuing Obligations.
(b) Third-Party Agreements and Rights. The Executive hereby confirms that the Executive is not bound by the terms of any agreement with any previous employer or other party which restricts in any way the Executives use or disclosure of information, other than confidentiality restrictions (if any), or the Executives engagement in any business. The Executive represents to the Company that the Executives execution of this Agreement, the Executives employment with the Company and the performance of the Executives proposed duties for the Company will not violate any obligations the Executive may have to any such previous employer or other party. In the Executives work for the Company, the Executive will not disclose or make use of any information in violation of any agreements with or rights of any such previous employer or other party, and the Executive will not bring to the premises of the Company any copies or other tangible embodiments of non-public information belonging to or obtained from any such previous employment or other party.
(c) Litigation and Regulatory Cooperation. During and after the Executives employment, the Executive shall cooperate fully with the Company in (i) the defense or prosecution of any claims or actions now in existence or which may be brought in the future against or on behalf of the Company which relate to events or occurrences that transpired while the Executive was employed by the Company, and (ii) the investigation, whether internal or external, of any matters about which the Company believes the Executive may have knowledge or information. The Executives full cooperation in connection with such claims, actions or investigations shall include, but not be limited to, being available to meet with counsel to answer questions or to prepare for discovery or trial and to act as a witness on behalf of the Company at mutually convenient times. During and after the Executives employment, the Executive also shall cooperate fully with the Company in connection with any investigation or review of any federal, state or local regulatory authority as any such investigation or review relates to events or occurrences that transpired while the Executive was employed by the Company. The Company shall reimburse the Executive for any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred in connection with the Executives performance of obligations pursuant to this Section 8(c).
(d) Relief. The Executive agrees that it would be difficult to measure any damages caused to the Company which might result from any breach by the Executive of the Continuing Obligations, and that in any event money damages would be an inadequate remedy for any such breach. Accordingly, the Executive agrees that if the Executive breaches, or proposes to breach, any portion of the Continuing Obligations, the Company shall be entitled, in addition to all other remedies that it may have, to an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief to restrain any such breach without showing or proving any actual damage to the Company.
(e) Protected Disclosures and Other Protected Action. Nothing in this Agreement shall be interpreted or applied to prohibit the Executive from making any good faith report to any governmental agency or other governmental entity (a Government Agency) concerning any act or omission that the Executive reasonably believes constitutes a possible violation of federal or state law or making other disclosures that are protected under the anti-retaliation or whistleblower provisions of applicable federal or state law or regulation. In addition, nothing contained in this Agreement limits the Executives ability to communicate with any Government Agency or otherwise participate in any investigation or proceeding that may be conducted by any Government Agency, including the Executives ability to provide documents or other information, without notice to the Company. In addition, for the avoidance of doubt, pursuant to the federal Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016, the Executive shall not be held criminally or civilly liable under any federal or state trade secret law or under this Agreement or
the Restrictive Covenants Agreement for the disclosure of a trade secret that (a) is made (i) in confidence to a federal, state, or local government official, either directly or indirectly, or to an attorney; and (ii) solely for the purpose of reporting or investigating a suspected violation of law; or (b) is made in a complaint or other document filed in a lawsuit or other proceeding, if such filing is made under seal.
9. Consent to Jurisdiction. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Accordingly, with respect to any such court action, the Executive (a) submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts; (b) consents to service of process; and (c) waives any other requirement (whether imposed by statute, rule of court, or otherwise) with respect to personal jurisdiction or service of process.
10. Integration. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties concerning such subject matter, including the Prior Agreement, provided that the Equity Documents remain in full force and effect.
11. Withholding; Tax Effect. All payments made by the Company to the Executive under this Agreement shall be net of any tax or other amounts required to be withheld by the Company under applicable law. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to require the Company to make any payments to compensate the Executive for any adverse tax effect associated with any payments or benefits or for any deduction or withholding from any payment or benefit.
12. Assignment. Neither the Executive nor the Company may make any assignment of this Agreement or any interest in it, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the other; provided, however, that the Company may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement (including the Restrictive Covenants Agreement) without the Executives consent to any affiliate or to any person or entity with whom the Company shall hereafter effect a reorganization, consolidate with, or merge into or to whom it transfers all or substantially all of its properties or assets; provided further that if the Executive remains employed or becomes employed by the Company, the purchaser or any of their affiliates in connection with any such transaction, then the Executive shall not be entitled to any payments, benefits or vesting pursuant to Section 5 or pursuant to Section 6 of this Agreement solely as a result of such transaction. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the Executive and the Company, and each of the Executives and the Companys respective successors, executors, administrators, heirs and permitted assigns. The Company shall obtain an agreement from any successor to assume and agree to perform this Agreement in the same manner and to the same extent that the Company would be required to perform if no succession had taken place, except where such assumption occurs by operation of law.
13. Enforceability. If any portion or provision of this Agreement (including, without limitation, any portion or provision of any section of this Agreement) shall to any extent be declared illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remainder of this Agreement, or the application of such portion or provision in circumstances other than those as to which it is so declared illegal or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby, and each portion and provision of this Agreement shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. Survival. The provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement and/or the termination of the Executives employment to the extent necessary to effectuate the terms contained herein.
15. Waiver. No waiver of any provision hereof shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by the waiving party. The failure of any party to require the performance of any term or obligation of this Agreement, or the waiver by any party of any breach of this Agreement, shall not prevent any subsequent enforcement of such term or obligation or be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach.
16. Notices. Any notices, requests, demands and other communications provided for by this Agreement shall be sufficient if in writing and delivered in person or sent by a nationally recognized overnight courier service or by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested, to the Executive at the last address the Executive has filed in writing with the Company or, in the case of the Company, at its main offices, attention of the Board.
17. Amendment. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a written instrument signed by the Executive and by a duly authorized representative of the Company.
18. Effect on Other Plans and Agreements. An election by the Executive to resign for Good Reason under the provisions of this Agreement shall not be deemed a voluntary termination of employment by the Executive for the purpose of interpreting the provisions of any of the Companys benefit plans, programs or policies. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to limit the rights of the Executive under the Companys benefit plans, programs or policies except as otherwise provided in Section 8 hereof, and except that the Executive shall have no rights to any severance benefits under any Company severance pay plan, offer letter or otherwise. Except for the Restrictive Covenants Agreement, in the event that the Executive is party to an agreement with the Company providing for payments or benefits under such plan or agreement and under this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall govern and the Executive may receive payment under this Agreement only and not both. Further, Section 5 and Section 6 of this Agreement are mutually exclusive and in no event shall the Executive be entitled to payments or benefits pursuant to both Section 5 and Section 6 of this Agreement.
19. Governing Law. This is a Massachusetts contract and shall be construed under and be governed in all respects by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to the conflict of laws principles thereof. With respect to any disputes concerning federal law, such disputes shall be determined in accordance with the law as it would be interpreted and applied by the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
20. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which when so executed and delivered shall be taken to be an original; but such counterparts shall together constitute one and the same document.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement effective on the Effective Date.
BLACK DIAMOND THERAPEUTICS, INC.
|Its:||Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel|
Restrictive Covenants Agreement
BLACK DIAMOND THERAPEUTICS, INC.
Employee Confidentiality, Assignment, Nonsolicitation and Noncompetition Agreement
In consideration and as a condition of my employment by Black Diamond Therapeutics, Inc. (including its subsidiaries and other affiliates and its and their successors and assigns, the Company), and in exchange for, among other things, the enhanced benefits provided in the Employment Agreement to which this Agreement is appended, which I acknowledge and agree is fair and reasonable consideration which is independent from the continuation of my employment, I enter into this Employee Confidentiality, Assignment, Nonsolicitation and Noncompetition Agreement (the Agreement) and agree as follows:
1. Proprietary Information. I agree that all information, whether or not in writing, concerning the Companys business, technology, business relationships or financial affairs that the Company has not released to the general public (collectively, Proprietary Information) and all tangible embodiments thereof are and will be the exclusive property of the Company. By way of illustration, Proprietary Information may include information or material that has not been made generally available to the public, such as: (a) corporate information, including plans, strategies, methods, policies, resolutions, negotiations or litigation; (b) marketing information, including strategies, methods, customer or business partner identities or other information about customers, business partners, prospect identities or other information about prospects, or market analyses or projections; (c) financial information, including cost and performance data, debt arrangements, equity structure, investors and holdings, purchasing and sales data and price lists; (d) operational, technological and scientific information, including plans, specifications, manuals, forms, templates, software, pre-clinical and clinical testing data and strategies, research and development strategies, designs, methods, procedures, formulae, data, reports, discoveries, inventions, improvements, concepts, ideas, and other Developments (as defined below), know-how and trade secrets; and (e) personnel information, including personnel lists, reporting or organizational structure, resumes, personnel data, performance evaluations and termination arrangements or documents. Proprietary Information also includes information received in confidence by the Company from its customers, suppliers, business partners or other third parties.
2. Recognition of Companys Rights. I will not, at any time, without the Companys prior written permission, either during or after my employment, disclose any Proprietary Information to anyone outside of the Company, or use or permit to be used any Proprietary Information for any purpose other than the performance of my duties as an employee of the Company. I will cooperate with the Company and use my best efforts to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of all Proprietary Information. I will deliver to the Company all copies and other tangible embodiments of Proprietary Information in my possession or control upon the earlier of a request by the Company or termination of my employment.
3. Rights of Others. I understand that the Company is now and may hereafter be subject to nondisclosure or confidentiality agreements with third persons that require the Company to protect or refrain from use or disclosure of proprietary information. I agree to be bound by the terms of such agreements in the event I have access to such proprietary information. I understand that the Company strictly prohibits me from using or disclosing confidential or proprietary information belonging to any other person or entity (including any employer or former employer), in connection with my employment. In addition, I agree not to bring any confidential information belonging to any other person or entity onto Company premises or into Company workspaces.
4. Commitment to Company; Avoidance of Conflict of Interest. While an employee of the Company, I will devote my full-time efforts to the Companys business and I will not, directly or indirectly, engage in any other business activity, except as expressly authorized in writing and in advance by a duly authorized representative of the Company. I will advise an authorized officer of the Company or his or her designee at such time as any activity of either the Company or another business presents me with a conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest as an employee of the Company. I will take whatever action is requested of me by the Company to resolve any conflict or appearance of conflict which it finds to exist.
5. Developments. I have made and will make full and prompt disclosure to the Company of all inventions, discoveries, designs, developments, methods, modifications, improvements, processes, algorithms, data, databases, computer programs, research, formulae, techniques, trade secrets, graphics or images, and audio or visual works and other works of authorship, and other intellectual property, including works-in-process (collectively Developments)
whether or not patentable or copyrightable, that were or are created, made, conceived or reduced to practice by me (alone or jointly with others) or under my direction during the period of my employment. I acknowledge that all work performed by me is on a work for hire basis, and I hereby do assign and transfer and, to the extent any such assignment cannot be made at present, will assign and transfer, to the Company (which, for purposes of this sentence, shall be my employing entity unless otherwise specified by such entity) and its successors and assigns all my right, title and interest in and to all Developments that (a) relate to the business of the Company or its subsidiaries or other affiliates or any customer of, supplier to or business partner of the Company or its subsidiaries or other affiliates or any of the products or services that have been, are being or will be researched, developed, manufactured or sold by the Company or its subsidiaries or other affiliates or which may be used with such products or services; or (b) result from tasks assigned to me by the Company or its subsidiaries or other affiliates; or (c) result from the use of premises or personal property (whether tangible or intangible) owned, leased or contracted for by the Company or its subsidiaries or other affiliates (Company-Related Developments), and all related patents, patent applications, trademarks and trademark applications, copyrights and copyright applications, sui generis database rights and other intellectual property rights in all countries and territories worldwide and under any international conventions (Intellectual Property Rights).
To preclude any possible uncertainty, if there are any Developments that I have, alone or jointly with others, conceived, developed or reduced to practice prior to the commencement of my employment with the Company that I consider to be my property or the property of third parties and that I wish to have excluded from the scope of this Agreement (Prior Inventions), I have set forth on Exhibit A attached hereto a complete list of those Prior Inventions. If disclosure of any such Prior Invention would cause me to violate any prior confidentiality agreement, I understand that I am not to list such Prior Inventions in Exhibit A but am only to disclose a cursory name for each such invention, a listing of the party(ies) to whom it belongs and the fact that full disclosure as to such inventions has not been made for that reason. If there are any patents or patent applications in which I am named as an inventor, other than those that have been assigned to the Company (Other Patent Rights), I have also listed those Other Patent Rights on Exhibit A. If no such disclosure is attached, I represent that there are no Prior Inventions or Other Patent Rights. If, in the course of my employment with the Company, I incorporate a Prior Invention into a Company product, process or machine, research or development program, or other work done for the Company, I hereby grant to the Company a nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up, irrevocable, worldwide license (with the full right to sublicense through multiple tiers) to make, have made, modify, use, sell, offer for sale and import such Prior Invention. Notwithstanding the foregoing, I will not incorporate, or permit to be incorporated, Prior Inventions in any Company-Related Development without the Companys prior written consent.
This Agreement does not obligate me to assign to the Company any Development that, in the sole judgment of the Company, reasonably exercised, is developed entirely on my own time and does not relate to the business efforts or research and development efforts in which, during the period of my employment, the Company actually is engaged or reasonably would be engaged, and does not result from the use of premises or equipment owned or leased by the Company. However, I will also promptly disclose to the Company any such Developments for the purpose of determining whether they qualify for such exclusion. I understand that to the extent this Agreement is required to be construed in accordance with the laws of any state which precludes a requirement in an employee agreement to assign certain classes of inventions made by an employee, this Section 5 will be interpreted not to apply to any invention that a court rules and/or the Company agrees falls within such classes. I also hereby waive all claims to any moral rights or other special rights that I may have or accrue in any Company-Related Developments.
6. Documents and Other Materials. I will keep and maintain adequate and current records of all Proprietary Information and Company-Related Developments developed by me during my employment, which records will be available to and remain the sole property of the Company at all times.
All files, letters, notes, memoranda, reports, records, data, sketches, drawings, notebooks, layouts, charts, quotations and proposals, specification sheets, blueprints, models, prototypes, or other written, photographic or other tangible material containing Proprietary Information, whether created by me or others, which come into my custody or possession, are the exclusive property of the Company to be used by me only in the performance of my duties for the Company. Any property situated on the Companys premises and owned by the Company, including without limitation computers, disks and other storage media, filing cabinets or other work areas, is subject to inspection by the Company at any time with or without notice. In the event of the termination of my employment for any reason, I will deliver to the Company all Company property and equipment in my possession, custody or control, including all
files, letters, notes, memoranda, reports, records, data, sketches, drawings, notebooks, layouts, charts, quotations and proposals, specification sheets, blueprints, models, prototypes, or other written, photographic or other tangible material containing Proprietary Information, and other materials of any nature pertaining to the Proprietary Information of the Company and to my work, and will not take or keep in my possession any of the foregoing or any copies.
7. Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights. I will cooperate fully with the Company, both during and after my employment with the Company, with respect to the procurement, maintenance and enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Company-Related Developments. I will sign, both during and after my employment, all papers, including without limitation copyright applications, patent applications, declarations, oaths, assignments of priority rights, and powers of attorney, which the Company may deem necessary or desirable in order to protect its rights and interests in any Company-Related Development or Intellectual Property Rights therein. If the Company is unable, after reasonable effort, to secure my signature on any such papers, I hereby irrevocably designate and appoint each officer of the Company as my agent and attorney-in-fact to execute any such papers on my behalf, and to take any and all actions as the Company may deem necessary or desirable in order to protect its rights and interests in any Company-Related Development, including any Intellectual Property Rights therein.
8. Nonsolicitation and Noncompetition.
In order to protect the Companys Proprietary Information and goodwill, during my employment and for a period of (i) one (1) year following the date of the cessation of my employment with the Company (the Last Date of Employment) or such shorter period as the Company designates in writing to me in connection with the ending of my employment relationship, or (ii) two (2) years following the Last Date of Employment if I breach my fiduciary duty to the Company or if I have unlawfully taken, physically or electronically, property belonging to the Company (in either case the Restricted Period)
(a) I shall not, directly or indirectly, in any manner, other than for the benefit of the Company, solicit or transact any business with any of the customers of the Company. For purposes of this Agreement, customers shall include then current customers to which the Company provided products or services during the twelve months prior to the Last Date of Employment (the One Year Lookback), and customer prospects that the Company solicited during the One Year Lookback and that I had significant contact with or learned confidential information about in the course of my employment.
(b) I shall not, directly or indirectly, in any manner, solicit, entice or attempt to persuade any employee or consultant of the Company to leave the Company for any reason or otherwise participate in or facilitate the hire, directly or through another entity, of any person who is then employed or engaged by the Company.
(c) Unless (i) the Company terminates my employment without Cause (as defined below) or I have been laid off; or (ii) the Company waives the restrictions upon post-employment activities set forth in this Section 8(c), then, the Company shall make garden leave payments to me for the post-employment portion of the Restricted Period at the rate of 50% of the highest annualized base salary paid to me by the Company within the two-year period preceding the last day of my employment (Garden Leave Pay), and in exchange, I shall not directly or indirectly, whether as owner, partner, shareholder, director, manager, consultant, agent, employee, co-venturer or otherwise, anywhere in the world, engage or otherwise participate in any business that is, in whole or in part, engaged, or preparing to engage, in the Business (as defined below). I acknowledge that this covenant is necessary because the Companys legitimate business interests cannot be adequately protected solely by the other covenants in this Agreement. I further acknowledge and agree that any payments I receive pursuant to this Section 8(c) shall reduce (and shall not be in addition to) any severance or separation pay that I am otherwise entitled to receive from the Company pursuant to an agreement, plan or otherwise.
For purposes of this Agreement, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any other agreement between the Company and me:
Business shall mean, as of the Last Date of Employment, the business of the Company as previously or currently conducted, or as planned to be conducted in the future, including, without limitation, the research, manufacturing, development or marketing of small molecule inhibitors targeting genetically defined allosteric mutant oncogenes and the performance of any services related to the foregoing.
Cause shall mean a reasonable and good faith basis for the Company to be dissatisfied with my job performance, my conduct or my behavior.
9. Government Contracts. I acknowledge that the Company may have from time to time agreements with other persons or with the United States Government or its agencies that impose obligations or restrictions on the Company regarding inventions made during the course of work under such agreements or regarding the confidential nature of such work. I agree to comply with any such obligations or restrictions upon the direction of the Company. In addition to the rights assigned under Section 5, I also assign to the Company (or any of its nominees) all rights that I have or acquired in any Developments, full title to which is required to be in the United States under any contract between the Company and the United States or any of its agencies.
10. Prior Agreements. I hereby represent that, except as I have fully disclosed previously in writing to the Company, I am not bound by the terms of any agreement with any previous or current employer or other party to refrain from using or disclosing any trade secret or confidential or proprietary information in the course of my employment with the Company or to refrain from competing, directly or indirectly, with the business of such employer or any other party. I further represent that my performance of all the terms of this Agreement as an employee of the Company does not and will not breach any agreement to keep in confidence proprietary information, knowledge or data acquired by me in confidence or in trust prior to my employment with the Company. I will not disclose to the Company or induce the Company to use any confidential or proprietary information or material belonging to any previous employer or others.
11. Remedies Upon Breach. I understand that the restrictions contained in this Agreement are necessary for the protection of the business and goodwill of the Company and I consider them to be reasonable for such purpose. Any breach of this Agreement is likely to cause the Company substantial and irrevocable damage and therefore, in the event of such breach, the Company, in addition to such other remedies which may be available, will be entitled to specific performance and other injunctive relief, without the posting of a bond. I further acknowledge that a court may render an award extending the Restricted Period as one of the remedies in the event of my violation of this Agreement. If I violate this Agreement, in addition to all other remedies available to the Company at law (including, without limitation, the Companys right to discontinue any payments I may receive pursuant to Section 8(c)), in equity, and under contract, I agree that I am obligated to pay all the Companys costs of enforcement of this Agreement, including reasonable attorneys fees and expenses.
12. Use of Voice, Image and Likeness. I give the Company permission to use any and all of my voice, image and likeness, with or without using my name, in connection with the products and/or services of the Company, for the purposes of advertising and promoting such products and/or services and/or the Company, and/or for other purposes deemed appropriate by the Company in its reasonable discretion, except to the extent prohibited by law.
13. No Employment Obligation. I understand that this Agreement does not create an obligation on the Company or any other person to continue my employment. I acknowledge that, unless otherwise agreed in a formal written employment agreement signed on behalf of the Company by an authorized officer, my employment with the Company is at will and therefore may be terminated by the Company or me at any time and for any reason, with or without cause.
14. Survival and Assignment by the Company. I understand that my obligations under this Agreement will continue in accordance with its express terms regardless of any changes in my title, position, duties, salary, compensation or benefits or other terms and conditions of employment. I further understand that my obligations under this Agreement will continue following the termination of my employment regardless of the manner of such termination and will be binding upon my heirs, executors and administrators. The Company will have the right to assign this Agreement to its affiliates, successors and assigns. I expressly consent to be bound by the provisions of this Agreement for the benefit of the Company or any parent, subsidiary or affiliate to whose employ I may be transferred without the necessity that this Agreement be resigned at the time of such transfer.
15. Notice of Resignation. If I elect to resign from my employment with the Company, I agree to provide the Company with written notification of my resignation at least 30 days prior to my intended resignation date. Such notice shall include information in reasonable detail about my post-employment job duties and other business activities, including the name and address of any subsequent employer and/or person or entity with whom or which I intend to engage in business activities during the Restricted Period and the nature of my job duties and other business activities. The Company may elect to waive all or part of the 30-day notice period in its sole discretion, and such waiver shall not result in a termination by the Company for purposes of this Agreement.
16. Post-Employment Notifications. During the Restricted Period, I will notify the Company of any change in my address and of each subsequent employment or business activity, including the name and address of my employer or other post-Company employment plans and the nature of my activities.
17. Disclosures During Restricted Period. I will provide a copy of this Agreement to any person or entity with whom I may enter into a business relationship, whether as an employee, consultant, partner, coventurer or otherwise, prior to entering into such business relationship during the Restricted Period.
18. Waiver; Reduction of Restricted Period by Company. The Company and I acknowledge and agree that the Companys election not to provide me with Garden Leave Pay as set forth in Section 8(c) shall be deemed a waiver of my noncompetition obligations under Section 8(c). Otherwise, no waiver of any of my obligations under this Agreement shall be effective unless made in writing by the Company. The failure of the Company to require my performance of any term or obligation of this Agreement, or the waiver of any breach of this Agreement, shall not prevent the Companys subsequent enforcement of such term or obligation or be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Section 8, the Company may reduce the length of the Restricted Period by providing written notice to me of such reduction in connection with the ending of my employment relationship.
19. Severability. In case any provisions (or portions thereof) contained in this Agreement shall, for any reason, be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of this Agreement, and this Agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision had never been contained herein. If, moreover, any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall for any reason be held to be excessively broad as to duration, geographical scope, activity or subject, it shall be construed by limiting and reducing it, so as to be enforceable to the extent compatible with the applicable law as it shall then appear.
20. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement will be deemed to be made and entered into in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and will in all respects be interpreted, enforced and governed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts situated within Massachusetts for purposes of enforcing this Agreement or for any other lawsuit relating to or arising under this Agreement, and I hereby waive any objection that I might have to personal jurisdiction or venue in those courts, provided, however, the Company and I agree that all civil actions relating to Section 8(c) of this Agreement shall be brought in the county of Suffolk and that the superior court or the business litigation session of the superior court shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
21. Independence of Obligations. My obligations under this Agreement are independent of any obligation, contractual or otherwise, the Company has to me. The Companys breach of any such obligation shall not be a defense against the enforcement of this Agreement or otherwise limit my obligations under this Agreement.
22. Protected Disclosures. I understand that nothing contained in this Agreement limits my ability to communicate with any federal, state or local governmental agency or commission, including to provide documents or other information, without notice to the Company. I also understand that nothing in this Agreement limits my ability to share compensation information concerning myself or others, except that this does not permit me to disclose compensation information concerning others that I obtain because my job responsibilities require or allow access to such information.
23. Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016. I understand that pursuant to the federal Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016, I shall not be held criminally or civilly liable under any federal or state trade secret law for the disclosure of a trade secret that (a) is made (i) in confidence to a federal, state, or local government official, either directly or indirectly, or to an attorney; and (ii) solely for the purpose of reporting or investigating a suspected violation of law; or (b) is made in a complaint or other document filed in a lawsuit or other proceeding, if such filing is made under seal.
24. Entire Agreement; Amendment. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Company and me with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior agreements or understandings, both written and oral, between the Company and me with respect to the subject matter hereof, but does not in any way merge with or supersede any other confidentiality, assignment of inventions or other restrictive covenant agreement or obligation entered into by the Company and me, which agreements and obligations shall supplement, and shall not limit or be limited by, this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended only in a written agreement executed by a duly authorized officer of the Company and me.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT AFFECTS IMPORTANT RIGHTS. BY SIGNING BELOW, I CERTIFY THAT (I) I WAS PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT AT LEAST TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND (II) I HAVE BEEN ADVISED BY THE COMPANY THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONSULT WITH COUNSEL PRIOR TO SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT.
I ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL APPLY TO MY ENTIRE SERVICE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE COMPANY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY PERIOD OF SERVICE PRIOR TO THE DATE OF MY SIGNATURE BELOW.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned has executed this agreement as a sealed instrument and it shall become effective upon the later of the (i) full execution by both parties; or (ii) ten (10) business days after the Company provided me with notice of this Agreement.
Type or print name: _____________________
BLACK DIAMOND THERAPEUTICS, INC.
Type or print name and job title: _____________________
To: BLACK DIAMOND THERAPEUTICS, INC.
SUBJECT: Prior Inventions
The following is a complete list of all inventions or improvements relevant to the subject matter of my employment by the Company that have been made or conceived or first reduced to practice by me alone or jointly with others prior to my engagement by the Company:
No inventions or improvements
Additional sheets attached
The following is a list of all patents and patent applications in which I have been named as an inventor: