1. Payment of Interest. The interest so payable, and punctually paid or made available for payment, on any Interest Payment Date, will, as provided in the Indenture, be paid, in immediately available funds, to the Person in whose name this Note (or one or more predecessor Securities) is registered at the close of business on February 1 or August 1 (whether or not a Business Day, as defined in the Indenture), as the case may be, next preceding such Interest Payment Date (the Regular Record Date). Any such interest not punctually paid or duly provided for (Defaulted Interest) will forthwith cease to be payable to the Holder on such Regular Record Date, and such Defaulted Interest may be paid to the Person in whose name this Note (or one or more predecessor Securities) is registered at the close of business on a special record date (the Special Record Date) for the payment of such Defaulted Interest to be fixed by the Trustee, notice whereof shall be given to Holders of Notes not less than fifteen days prior to such Special Record Date, or may be paid at any time in any other lawful manner not inconsistent with the requirements of any securities exchange on which the Notes may be listed, and upon such notice as may be required by such exchange, all as more fully provided in said Indenture.
2. Place of Payment. Payment of principal, premium, if any, and interest on this Note will be made at the Corporate Trust Office of the Trustee or such other office or agency of the Company as may be designated for such purpose, in such coin or currency of the United States of America as at the time of payment is legal tender for payment of public and private debts; provided, however, that each installment of interest, premium, if any, and principal on this Note may at the Companys option be paid in immediately available funds by transfer to an account maintained by the payee located in the United States.
3. Time of Payment. In any case where any Interest Payment Date, the Maturity Date or any date fixed for redemption or repayment of the Notes shall not be a Business Day, then (notwithstanding any other provision of the Indenture or this Note), payment of principal or interest, if any, need not be made on such date, but may be made on the next succeeding Business Day with the same force and effect as if made on such Interest Payment Date, the Maturity Date or the date so fixed for redemption or repayment, and no interest shall accrue in respect of the delay.
4. General. This Note is one of a duly authorized issue of Securities of the Company, issued and to be issued in one or more Series under an indenture, dated as of September 15, 2015 (the Base Indenture), between the Company and U.S. Bank National Association (herein called the Trustee, which term includes any successor trustee under the Indenture with respect to a Series of which this Note is a part), as supplemented by a Third Supplemental Indenture thereto, dated as of February 16, 2021 (the Third Supplemental Indenture and, together with the Base Indenture, the Indenture). Reference is hereby made to the Indenture for a statement of the respective rights, limitations of rights, duties and immunities thereunder of the Company, the Trustee and the Holders of the Securities, and of the terms upon which the Securities are, and are to be, authenticated and delivered. This Note is one of a duly authorized Series of Securities designated as 3.250% Senior Notes due 2051 (the Notes), initially limited in aggregate principal amount to $700,731,000.
5. Further Issuance. The Company may from time to time, without the consent of the Holders of the Notes, issue additional Securities (the Additional Securities) of this Series