6. In your work for the Company, you will be prohibited from using or disclosing any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information of any former employer or other person to whom you have an obligation of confidentiality. Rather, you will be required to use only information that is generally known and used by persons with training and experience comparable to your own, is common knowledge in the industry or otherwise legally in the public domain, or is otherwise provided or developed by the Company. You agree that you will not bring onto Company premises or use in your work for the Company any unpublished documents or property belonging to any former employer or third party that you are not authorized to use and disclose. You represent further that you have disclosed to the Company any contract you have signed that might restrict your activities on behalf of the Company. By accepting employment with the Company, you are representing that you will be able to perform your job duties within these parameters.
7. This offer is not to be considered a contract guaranteeing employment for any specific duration. Your employment with the Company is at-will and, therefore, is not guaranteed. You may terminate your employment at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Likewise, the Company may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or prior warning. This provision for at-will employment supersedes all prior agreements and understandings concerning termination of employment, whether oral, written, or implied, and it can be changed or revoked only in a writing signed by you and the Chief Executive Officer or President of the Company.
8. In addition to the compensation package described above, you will be reimbursed for any Company-approved and IRS permitted out-of-pocket expenses (other than Company-approved expenses which are charged by you on Company credit cards), in accordance with our policies.
9. As a condition of employment, you must agree to sign and abide by the Companys Employee Inventions and Non Disclosure Agreement (EINDA).
10. You also agree to comply with the Companys rules, policies and procedures as they are issued from time to time by the Company.
11. Before commencing employment, you must provide proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States, and fill out a form 1-9 as required by federal immigration laws. Further, this offer is contingent upon your successful completion of a background check to the satisfaction of the Company.
12. To ensure the rapid and economical resolution of disputes that may arise in connection with your employment with the Company, you and the Company agree that any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action, in law or equity, including but not limited to statutory claims, arising from or relating to the enforcement, breach, performance, or interpretation of this Offer Letter, your employment with the Company, or the termination of your employment from the Company, will be resolved pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §1-16, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, by final, binding and confidential arbitration conducted in San Diego, California by JAMS, Inc. (JAMS) or its successors by a single arbitrator, under JAMS then applicable rules and procedures for employment disputes (which can be found at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-clauses/, and which will be provided to you on request); provided that the arbitrator shall: (a) have the authority to compel adequate discovery for the resolution of the dispute and to award such relief as would otherwise be permitted by law; and (b) issue a written arbitration decision including the arbitrators essential findings and conclusions and a statement of the award. You and the Company shall be entitled to all rights and remedies that either would be entitled to pursue in a court of law. Both you and the Company acknowledge that by agreeing to this arbitration procedure, you each waive the right to resolve any such dispute through a trial by jury or judge or administrative proceeding. The Company shall pay all filing fees in excess of those which would be required if the dispute were decided in a court of law, and shall pay the arbitrators fee. Nothing in this Offer Letter intended to prevent either the Company or you from obtaining injunctive relief in court to prevent irreparable harm pending the conclusion of any such arbitration.