Offer Letter, effective as of the effective date of this registration statement, by and between the Registrant and John Rettig
November 29, 2019
Dear John Rettig:
This letter agreement amends and restates the offer letter between you and Bill.com Holdings, Inc. (the Company)1, dated May 9, 2014 (the Prior Agreement), effective as of the date on which the Registration Statement on Form S-1 for the initial public offering of the Companys common stock is declared effective by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
You will continue to work in the role of Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President, Finance and Operations, reporting to the Companys Chief Executive Officer.
a. Base Wage. In this position, the Company will pay you an annual base salary of $350,000 per year, payable in accordance with the Companys standard payroll schedule. Your pay will be periodically reviewed as a part of the Companys regular reviews of compensation.
b. Bonus. You will be eligible to receive a discretionary annual bonus of up $250,000, subject to and in accordance with the terms of the Companys bonus plan. Please note that bonus programs, payouts and criterion are subject to change or adjustment in the discretion of the Company to account for the, among other things, the business needs of the Company.
2. Employee Benefits. You will be eligible to participate in a number of Company-sponsored benefits to the extent that you comply with the eligibility requirements of each such benefit plan. The Company, in its sole discretion, may amend, suspend or terminate its employee benefits at any time, with or without notice. In addition, you will be entitled to paid vacation in accordance with the Companys vacation policy, as in effect from time to time.
3. Termination Benefits. If you are subject to a Qualifying Termination or a CIC Qualifying Termination, you will be eligible to receive certain payments and benefits as set forth in the Change in Control and Severance Agreement between you and the Company dated on or about the date hereof (the CIC and Severance Agreement). Qualifying Termination and CIC Qualifying Termination shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the CIC and Severance Agreement.
4. Confidentiality Agreement. By signing this letter agreement, you reaffirm the terms and conditions of the Employee Invention Assignment and Confidentiality Agreement by and between you and the Company.
5. No Conflicting Obligations. You understand and agree that by signing this letter agreement, you represent to the Company that your performance will not breach any other agreement to which you are a party and that you have not, and will not during the term of your employment with the Company, enter into any oral or written agreement in conflict with any of the provisions of this letter or the Companys policies. You are not to bring with you to the Company, or use or disclose to any person associated with the Company, any confidential or proprietary information belonging to any former employer or other person or entity with respect to which you owe an obligation of confidentiality under any agreement or otherwise. The Company does not need and will not use such information and we will assist you in any way possible to preserve and protect the confidentiality of proprietary information belonging to third parties. Also, we expect you to abide by any obligations to refrain from soliciting any person employed by or otherwise associated with any former employer and suggest that you refrain from having any contact with such persons until such time as any non-solicitation obligation expires.
Any reference to the Company will be understood to include any direct or indirect subsidiary of the Company that employs you, including Bill.com, Inc.
6. Outside Activities. While you render services to the Company, you agree that you will not engage in any other employment, consulting or other business activity without the written consent of the Company. In addition, while you render services to the Company, you will not assist any person or entity in competing with the Company, in preparing to compete with the Company or in hiring any employees or consultants of the Company.
7. Arbitration. You and the Company agree to submit to mandatory binding arbitration any and all claims arising out of or related to your employment with the Company and the termination thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for unpaid wages, wrongful termination, torts, stock or stock options or other ownership interest in the Company, and/or discrimination (including harassment) based upon any federal, state or local ordinance, statute, regulation or constitutional provision except that each party may, at its, his or her option, seek injunctive relief in court related to the improper use, disclosure or misappropriation of a partys private proprietary, confidential or trade secret information. All arbitration hearings shall be conducted in Santa Clara County, California. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS THEY MAY HAVE TO TRIAL BY JURY IN REGARD TO SUCH CLAIMS. This letter does not, however, restrict your right to file administrative claims you may bring before any government agency where, as a matter of law, the parties may not restrict your ability to file such claims (including, but not limited to, the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Department of Labor). However, the parties agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, arbitration shall be the exclusive remedy for the subject matter of such administrative claims. The arbitration shall be conducted through JAMS before a single neutral arbitrator, in accordance with the JAMS employment arbitration rules then in effect. The JAMS rules may be found and reviewed at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-employment-arbitration. If you are unable to access these rules, please let the Company know and the Company will provide you with a hardcopy. The arbitrator shall issue a written decision that contains the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision is based.
8. Equal Employment Opportunity. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and conducts its employment practices based on business needs and in a manner that treats employees and applicants on the basis of merit and experience. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
9. General Obligations. As an employee, you will be expected to continue to adhere to the Companys standards of professionalism, loyalty, integrity, honesty, reliability and respect for all. You will also be expected to continue to comply with the Companys policies and procedures. The Company is an equal opportunity employer.
10. At-Will Employment. Your employment with the Company continues to be for no specific period of time. Your employment with the Company will continue to be on an at will basis, meaning that either you or the Company may terminate your employment at any time for any reason or no reason. The Company also reserves the right to modify or amend the terms of your employment at any time for any reason. Any contrary representations which may have been made to you are superseded by this letter agreement. This is the full and complete agreement between you and the Company on this term. Although your job duties, title, compensation and benefits, as well as the Companys personnel policies and procedures, may change from time to time, the at will nature of your employment may only be changed in an express written agreement signed by you and the Companys Board of Directors.
11. Withholdings. All forms of compensation paid to you as an employee of the Company shall be less all applicable withholdings.
[SIGNATURE PAGE FOLLOWS]
This letter agreement supersedes and replaces any prior understandings or agreements, whether oral, written or implied, between you and the Company regarding the matters described in this letter (other than the CIC and Severance Agreement), including, without limitation, the Prior Agreement. This letter will be governed by the laws of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
|Very truly yours,|
|BILL.COM HOLDINGS, INC.|
|By: René Lacerte|
|Chief Executive Officer|
|ACCEPTED AND AGREED:|
[SIGNATURE PAGE TO AMENDED AND RESTATED OFFER LETTER]