EX-10.5 6 tv521519_ex10-5.htm EXHIBIT 10.5
2019 Equity Incentive Plan
Notice of Restricted Stock Unit Award
The Participant is hereby provided this Notice of the following grant of a Restricted Stock Unit Award (the “Award”) with respect to shares of the Common Stock of AudioEye, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”) under the AudioEye, Inc. 2019 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”). All capitalized terms in this Notice shall have the meaning assigned to them in this Notice or in the attached Restricted Stock Unit Agreement, or, if not defined herein or therein, in the Plan.
|Participant: || || |
| || || |
|Grant Date: || || |
| || || |
|Vesting Commencement Date: || || |
| || || |
|Number of Restricted Stock Units: || || |
Vesting Schedule: The Participant shall vest in the Restricted Stock Units, subject to the Participant’s continued service with the Company, as follows:
[Vesting Schedule to be inserted]
Settlement Schedule: The Restricted Stock Units shall be settled as follows:
[Settlement Schedule to be inserted]
The Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that (a) the Company has made available to the Participant copies of the Plan, the form of Restricted Stock Unit Agreement and the prospectus for the Plan and (b) the Participant has had the opportunity to review such documents and this Notice and to consult with the Participant’s individual tax advisor and legal counsel with respect to the same.
The Participant understands and agrees that the Award is granted subject to and in accordance with the terms of the Plan. By executing this Notice, the Participant further agrees to be bound by the terms of the Plan and the terms of the Award as set forth in the Restricted Stock Unit Agreement attached hereto. By accepting this Award, the Participant consents to receive Plan documents by electronic delivery and to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.
|AudioEye, Inc. || ||Participant|
| || || |
|By: || || ||By: || |
|Name: || || ||Name: || |
|Title: || || ||Date: || |
|Date: || || || |
2019 Equity Incentive Plan
Restricted Stock Unit Agreement
AudioEye, Inc. (the “Company”) has awarded the Participant set forth in the Grant Notice a Restricted Stock Unit Award (the “Award”) that is subject to its 2019 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”), the Notice of Restricted Stock Unit Award (the “Grant Notice”) and this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement (the “Agreement”), for the number of Restricted Stock Units indicated in the Grant Notice. Capitalized terms not explicitly defined in this Agreement or in the Grant Notice but defined in the Plan will have the same definitions as in the Plan. In the event of any conflict between the terms in this Agreement and the Plan, the terms of the Plan will control. This Agreement will be deemed to be signed by the Participant on the signing by the Participant of the Grant Notice to which it is attached.
1. Grant of Restricted Stock Units. The Company hereby issues to the Participant on the Grant Date an Award for the number of Restricted Stock Units set forth in the Grant Notice (the “Restricted Stock Units”). Each Restricted Stock Unit represents the right to receive one share of Common Stock, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and the Plan. The Restricted Stock Units shall be credited to a separate account maintained for the Participant on the books and records of the Company (the “Account”). All amounts credited to the Account shall continue for all purposes to be part of the general assets of the Company.
2. Consideration. The grant of the Restricted Stock Units is made in consideration of the services to be rendered by the Participant to the Company.
3. Vesting. The Restricted Stock Units will vest as set forth in the Grant Notice. The period during which any Restricted Stock Units remain subject to vesting is described in this Agreement as the “Restricted Period”. In the event of a Change in Control, the Restricted Stock Units will be subject to the provisions of the Plan relating to a Change in Control.
4. Restrictions. Subject to any exceptions set forth in this Agreement or the Plan, during the Restricted Period and until such time as the Restricted Stock Units are settled in accordance with Section 6, the Restricted Stock Units or the rights relating thereto may not be assigned, alienated, pledged, attached, sold or otherwise transferred or encumbered by the Participant. Any attempt to assign, alienate, pledge, attach, sell or otherwise transfer or encumber the Restricted Stock Units or the rights relating thereto shall be wholly ineffective and, if any such attempt is made, the Restricted Stock Units will be forfeited by the Participant and all of the Participant’s rights to such units shall immediately terminate without any payment or consideration by the Company.
5. Rights as Shareholder; Dividend Equivalents.
5.1 The Participant shall not have any rights of a shareholder with respect to the shares of Common Stock underlying the Restricted Stock Units unless and until the Restricted Stock Units vest and are settled by the issuance of such shares of Common Stock.
5.2 Upon and following the settlement of the Restricted Stock Units, the Participant shall be the record owner of the shares of Common Stock underlying the Restricted Stock Units unless and until such shares are sold or otherwise disposed of, and as record owner shall be entitled to all rights of a shareholder of the Company (including voting rights).
5.3 If, prior to the settlement date, the Company declares a cash or stock dividend on the shares of Common Stock, then, on the payment date of the dividend, the Participant’s Account shall be credited with Dividend Equivalents in an amount equal to the dividends that would have been paid to the Participant if one share of Common Stock had been issued on the Grant Date for each Restricted Stock Unit granted to the Participant as set forth in this Agreement. Such Dividend Equivalents shall be distributed in cash or, at the discretion of the Committee, in shares of Common Stock having a Fair Market Value equal to the amount of such Dividend Equivalents to the Participant upon settlement of such Restricted Stock Unit and, if such Restricted Stock Unit is forfeited, the Participant shall have no right to such Dividend Equivalents.
6. Settlement of Restricted Stock Units.
6.1 Subject to Section 9 hereof, the Company shall (a) issue and deliver to the Participant the number of shares of Common Stock equal to the number of Vested Units and (b) enter the Participant’s name on the books of the Company as the shareholder of record with respect to the shares of Common Stock delivered to the Participant, in each case, pursuant to the settlement schedule set forth in the Grant Notice.
6.2 Notwithstanding Section 6.1, in accordance with the terms of the Plan, the Committee may, but is not required to, prescribe rules pursuant to which the Participant may elect to defer settlement of the Restricted Stock Units. Any deferral election must be made in compliance with such rules and procedures as the Committee deems advisable.
7. No Right to Continued Service. Neither the Plan nor this Agreement shall confer upon the Participant any right to be retained in any position, as an Employee, Consultant or Director of the Company. Further, nothing in the Plan or this Agreement shall be construed to limit the discretion of the Company to terminate the Participant’s Continuous Service at any time, with or without Cause.
8. Adjustments. If any change is made to the outstanding Common Stock or the capital structure of the Company, if required, the Restricted Stock Units shall be adjusted or terminated in any manner as contemplated by the terms of the Plan.
9. Tax Liability and Withholding.
9.1 The Participant shall be required to pay to the Company, and the Company shall have the right to deduct from any compensation paid to the Participant pursuant to the Plan, the amount of any required withholding taxes in respect of the Restricted Stock Units and to take all such other action as the Committee deems necessary to satisfy all obligations for the payment of such withholding taxes. The Committee may permit the Participant to satisfy any federal, state or local tax withholding obligation by any of the following means, or by a combination of such means:
(a) tendering a cash payment.
(b) authorizing the Company to withhold shares of Common Stock from the shares of Common Stock otherwise issuable or deliverable to the Participant as a result of the vesting of the Restricted Stock Units; provided, however, that no shares of Common Stock shall be withheld with a value exceeding the maximum amount of tax required to be withheld by law.
(c) delivering to the Company previously owned and unencumbered shares of Common Stock.
9.2 Notwithstanding any action the Company takes with respect to any or all income tax, social insurance, payroll tax, or other tax-related withholding (”Tax-Related Items”), the ultimate liability for all Tax-Related Items is and remains the Participant’s responsibility and the Company (a) makes no representation or undertakings regarding the treatment of any Tax-Related Items in connection with the grant, vesting or settlement of the Restricted Stock Units or the subsequent sale of any shares; and (b) does not commit to structure the Restricted Stock Units to reduce or eliminate the Participant’s liability for Tax-Related Items.
10. Compliance with Law. The issuance and transfer of shares of Common Stock shall be subject to compliance by the Company and the Participant with all applicable requirements of federal and state securities laws and with all applicable requirements of any stock exchange on which the Company’s shares of Common Stock may be listed. No shares of Common Stock shall be issued or transferred unless and until any then applicable requirements of state and federal laws and regulatory agencies have been fully complied with to the satisfaction of the Company and its counsel.
11. Notices. Any notice required to be delivered to the Company under this Agreement shall be in writing and addressed to the Secretary of the Company at the Company’s principal corporate offices. Any notice required to be delivered to the Participant under this Agreement shall be in writing and addressed to the Participant at the Participant’s address as shown in the records of the Company. Either party may designate another address in writing (or by such other method approved by the Company) from time to time.
12. Governing Law. This Agreement will be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to conflict of law principles.
13. Interpretation. Any dispute regarding the interpretation of this Agreement shall be submitted by the Participant or the Company to the Committee for review. The resolution of such dispute by the Committee shall be final and binding on the Participant and the Company.
14. Restricted Stock Units Subject to Plan. This Agreement is subject to the Plan as approved by the Company’s shareholders. The terms and provisions of the Plan as it may be amended from time to time are hereby incorporated herein by reference. In the event of a conflict between any term or provision contained herein and a term or provision of the Plan, the applicable terms and provisions of the Plan will govern and prevail.
15. Successors and Assigns. The Company may assign any of its rights under this Agreement. This Agreement will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the successors and assigns of the Company. Subject to the restrictions on transfer set forth herein, this Agreement will be binding upon the Participant and the Participant’s beneficiaries, executors, administrators and the person(s) to whom the Restricted Stock Units may be transferred by will or the laws of descent or distribution.
16. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the Plan or this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of the Plan or this Agreement, and each provision of the Plan and this Agreement shall be severable and enforceable to the extent permitted by law.
17. Discretionary Nature of Plan. The Plan is discretionary and may be amended, cancelled or terminated by the Company at any time, in its discretion. The grant of the Restricted Stock Units in this Agreement does not create any contractual right or other right to receive any Restricted Stock Units or other Awards in the future. Future Awards, if any, will be at the sole discretion of the Company. Any amendment, modification, or termination of the Plan shall not constitute a change or impairment of the terms and conditions of the Participant’s employment with the Company.
18. Amendment. The Committee has the right to amend, alter, suspend, discontinue or cancel the Restricted Stock Units, prospectively or retroactively; provided, that, no such amendment shall adversely affect the Participant’s material rights under this Agreement without the Participant’s consent.
19. Section 409A. This Agreement will be interpreted to the greatest extent possible in a manner that makes the Restricted Stock Units exempt from Section 409A of the Code, and to the extent not so exempt, in compliance with the requirements imposed by Section 409A of the Code. If any provision in the Grant Notice or this Agreement would result in the imposition of an additional tax under Section 409A of the Code, the Company and the Participant intend that the Grant Notice or this Agreement will be reformed to avoid imposition, to the extent possible, of the applicable tax and no action taken to comply with Section 409A of the Code shall be deemed to adversely affect the Participant’s rights to the Restricted Stock Units. The Participant further agrees that the Committee, in the exercise of its sole discretion and without the consent of the Participant, may amend or modify the Plan, the Grant Notice or this Agreement in any manner and delay the payment of any amounts payable pursuant to the Restricted Stock Units to the extent necessary to meet the requirements of Section 409A of the Code as the Committee deems appropriate or desirable. The Company makes no representation that the Plan or any Award complies with Section 409A of the Code and shall have no liability to any Participant for any failure to comply with Section 409A of the Code. If the Restricted Stock Units are intended to comply with Section 409A of the Code and Participant is deemed a “specified employee” within the meaning of Section 409A of the Code, as determined by the Committee, at a time when the Participant becomes eligible for settlement of the RSUs upon his “separation from service” within the meaning of Section 409A of the Code, then to the extent necessary to prevent any accelerated or additional tax under Section 409A of the Code, such settlement will be delayed until the earlier of: (a) the date that is six months following the Participant’s separation from service and (b) the Participant’s death.
20. No Impact on Other Benefits. The value of the Participant’s Restricted Stock Units is not part of his or her normal or expected compensation for purposes of calculating any severance, retirement, welfare, insurance or similar employee benefit.
21. Acceptance. The Participant hereby acknowledges receipt of a copy of the Plan and this Agreement. The Participant has read and understands the terms and provisions thereof, and accepts the Restricted Stock Units subject to all of the terms and conditions of the Plan and this Agreement. The Participant acknowledges that there may be adverse tax consequences upon the vesting or settlement of the Restricted Stock Units or disposition of the underlying shares and that the Participant has been advised to consult a tax advisor prior to such vesting, settlement or disposition.