(3) to any tax, assessment or governmental charge that is imposed or withheld solely because the beneficial owner or any other person failed to comply with certification, identification or information reporting requirements concerning the nationality, residence, identity or connection with the United States of the Holder or beneficial owner of the Notes, if compliance is required by statute, by regulation of the United States Treasury Department or by an applicable income tax treaty to which the United States is a party as a precondition to exemption from such tax, assessment or other governmental charge;
(4) to any tax, assessment or governmental charge that is imposed other than by deduction or withholding by AT&T or a Paying Agent from the payment;
(5) to any tax, assessment or governmental charge that is imposed or withheld solely because of a change in law, regulation, or administrative or judicial interpretation that is announced or becomes effective after the day on which the payment becomes due or is duly provided for, whichever occurs later;
(6) to an estate, inheritance, gift, sales, excise, transfer, wealth or personal property tax or any similar tax, assessment or governmental charge;
(7) to any tax, assessment or other governmental charge any paying agent (which term may include us) must withhold from any payment of principal of or interest on any Note, if such payment can be made without such withholding by any other paying agent; or
(8) in the case of any combination of the above items.
In addition, any amounts to be paid on this Note will be paid net of any deduction or withholding imposed or required pursuant to Sections 1471 through 1474 of the Code, any current or future regulations or official interpretations thereof, any agreement entered into pursuant to Section 1471(b) of the Code, or any fiscal or regulatory legislation, rules or practices adopted pursuant to any intergovernmental agreement entered into in connection with the implementation of such Sections of the Code, and no additional amounts will be required to be paid on account of any such deduction or withholding.
The Notes are subject in all cases to any tax, fiscal or other law or regulation or administrative or judicial interpretation applicable. Except as specifically provided under this section entitled Payment of Additional Amounts and under the heading Redemption Upon a Tax Event, AT&T shall not have to make any payment with respect to any tax, assessment or governmental charge imposed by any government or a political subdivision or taxing authority.
Any reference in the terms of the Notes to any amounts in respect of the Notes shall be deemed also to refer to any Additional Amounts which may be payable under this provision.