Agreement) that relate to the offering of the Shares, represents the entire agreement between the Company and the Selling Stockholders, on the one hand, and the Underwriters, on the other hand, with respect to the preparation of any preliminary prospectus, the Time of Sale Prospectus, the Prospectus, the conduct of the offering, and the purchase and sale of the Shares.
(b) The Company acknowledges that in connection with the offering of the Shares: (i) the Underwriters have acted at arms length, are not agents of, and owe no fiduciary duties to, the Company or any other person, (ii) the Underwriters owe the Company only those duties and obligations set forth in this Agreement and prior written agreements (to the extent not superseded by this Agreement), if any, and (iii) the Underwriters may have interests that differ from those of the Company. The Company waives to the full extent permitted by applicable law any claims it may have against the Underwriters arising from an alleged breach of fiduciary duty in connection with the offering of the Shares.
15. Counterparts. This Agreement may be signed in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be an original, with the same effect as if the signatures thereto and hereto were upon the same instrument.
16. Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York.
17. Headings. The headings of the sections of this Agreement have been inserted for convenience of reference only and shall not be deemed a part of this Agreement.
18. Notices. All communications hereunder shall be in writing and effective only upon receipt and if to the Underwriters shall be delivered, mailed or sent to you in care of Barclays Capital Inc., 745 Seventh Avenue, New York, New York 10019, Attention: Syndicate Registration; with a copy (which shall not constitute notice) to Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, 1600 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025, Attention: Alan F. Denenberg and Stephen Salmon; and if to the Company shall be delivered, mailed or sent to Appian Corporation, 7950 Jones Branch Drive, Tysons, Virginia 22102, Attention: General Counsel; and if to the Selling Stockholders shall be delivered, mailed or sent to Matthew Calkins, Mark Lynch and Christopher Winters, Attorneys-in-Fact, c/o Appian Corporation, 7950 Jones Branch Drive, Tysons, Virginia 22102, Attention: General Counsel.
19. USA Patriot Act. In accordance with the requirements of the USA Patriot Act (Title III of Pub. L. 107-56 (signed into law October 26, 2001)), the Underwriters are required to obtain, verify and record information that identifies their respective clients, including the Company, which information may include the name and address of their respective clients, as well as other information that will allow the Underwriters to properly identify their respective clients.
20. Recognition of the U.S. Special Resolution Regimes.