Promissory Note, dated March 1, 2021, by and between the Company as the maker and the Sponsor as the payee
THIS PROMISSORY NOTE (THIS “NOTE”) HAS NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “SECURITIES ACT”). THIS NOTE HAS BEEN ACQUIRED FOR INVESTMENT ONLY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD, TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED IN THE ABSENCE OF REGISTRATION OF THE RESALE THEREOF UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY IN FORM, SCOPE AND SUBSTANCE TO THE COMPANY THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.
Principal Amount: $1,500,000
Dated as of March 1, 2021
Apollo Strategic Growth Capital II, a Cayman Islands exempted company, incorporated with limited liability (the “Maker”), promises to pay to the order of APSG Sponsor II, L.P., a Cayman Islands limited partnership, or its registered assigns or successors in interest (the “Payee”), or order, the principal sum of One Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,500,000) or such lesser amount as shall have been advanced by Payee to Maker and shall remain unpaid under this Note on the Maturity Date (as defined below) in lawful money of the United States of America, on the terms and conditions described below. All payments on this Note shall be made by check or wire transfer of immediately available funds or as otherwise determined by the Maker to such account as the Payee may from time to time designate by written notice in accordance with the provisions of this Note. At the election of the Payee, the principal amount of this Note may be converted into private placement warrants of the Maker, with such terms as are described in the prospectus included in the registration statement on Form S-1 (Reg. No. 333-251920) filed by the Maker with the Securities and Exchange Commission and declared effective on February 9, 2021 (the “Registration Statement”) at a price of $1.50 per warrant. Maker and Payee are entering into this Note in connection with the Maker’s ongoing working capital needs.
1. Principal. The entire unpaid principal balance of this Note shall be payable on the earlier of: (i) the date on which Maker consummates an initial business combination or (ii) the liquidation of the Maker in accordance with its amended and restated memorandum and articles of association (such earlier date, the “Maturity Date”). The principal balance may be prepaid at any time. Under no circumstances shall any individual, including but not limited to any officer, director, employee or shareholder of the Maker, be obligated personally for any obligations or liabilities of the Maker hereunder.
2. Drawdown Requests. Maker and Payee agree that Maker may request, from time to time, up to One Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,500,000) in draw downs under this Note to be used for costs and expenses related to Maker’s initial
public offering of its securities (the “IPO”), operating expenses or initial business combination. Principal of this Note may be drawn down from time to time prior to the Maturity Date upon written request from Maker to Payee (each, a “Drawdown Request”), provided that each such Drawdown Request is duly authorized by an executive officer of Maker. Each Drawdown Request must state the amount to be drawn down, and must not be an amount less than Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000). Payee shall fund each Drawdown Request no later than three (3) business days after receipt of a Drawdown Request; provided, however, that the maximum amount of drawdowns outstanding under this Note at any time may not One Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,500,000). No fees, payments or other amounts shall be due to Payee in connection with, or as a result of, any Drawdown Request by Maker.
3. Interest. Interest shall accrue on the unpaid principal balance of this Note at a rate of 0.11% per annum.
4. Application of Payments. All payments shall be applied first to payment in full of any costs incurred in the collection of any sum due under this Note, including (without limitation) reasonable attorney’s fees, then to the payment in full of any late charges, then to accrued interest thereon to the date of such payment and finally to the reduction of the unpaid principal balance of this Note.
5. Events of Default. The following shall constitute an event of default (“Event of Default”):
(a) Failure to Make Required Payments. Failure by Maker to pay the principal amount and accrued interest due pursuant to this Note within five (5) business days of the Maturity Date.
(b) Voluntary Bankruptcy, Etc. The commencement by Maker of a voluntary case under any applicable bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, rehabilitation or other similar law, or the consent by it to the appointment of or taking possession by a receiver, liquidator, assignee, trustee, custodian, sequestrator (or other similar official) of Maker or for any substantial part of its property, or the making by it of any assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the failure of Maker generally to pay its debts as such debts become due, or the taking of corporate action by Maker in furtherance of any of the foregoing.
(c) Involuntary Bankruptcy, Etc. The entry of a decree or order for relief by a court having jurisdiction in the premises in respect of Maker in an involuntary case under any applicable bankruptcy, insolvency or other similar law, or appointing a receiver, liquidator, assignee, custodian, trustee, sequestrator (or similar official) of Maker or for any substantial part of its property, or ordering the winding-up or liquidation of its affairs, and the continuance of any such decree or order unstayed and in effect for a period of 60 consecutive days.
(a) Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default specified in Section 5(a) hereof, Payee may, by written notice to Maker, declare this Note to be due immediately and payable, whereupon the unpaid interest and principal amount of this Note, and all other amounts payable thereunder, shall become immediately due and payable without presentment, demand, protest or other notice of any kind, all of which are hereby expressly waived, anything contained herein or in the documents evidencing the same to the contrary notwithstanding.
(b) Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default specified in Sections 5(b) or 5(c), the unpaid principal balance of this Note, and all other sums payable with regard to this Note, shall automatically and immediately become due and payable, in all cases without any action on the part of Payee.
7. Waivers. Maker and all endorsers and guarantors of, and sureties for, this Note waive presentment for payment, demand, notice of dishonor, protest, and notice of protest with regard to the Note, all errors, defects and imperfections in any proceedings instituted by Payee under the terms of this Note, and all benefits that might accrue to Maker by virtue of any present or future laws exempting any property, real or personal, or any part of the proceeds arising from any sale of any such property, from attachment, levy or sale under execution, or providing for any stay of execution, exemption from civil process, or extension of time for payment; and Maker agrees that any real estate that may be levied upon pursuant to a judgment obtained by virtue hereof, on any writ of execution issued hereon, may be sold upon any such writ in whole or in part in any order desired by Payee.
8. Unconditional Liability. Maker hereby waives all notices in connection with the delivery, acceptance, performance, default, or enforcement of the payment of this Note, and agrees that its liability shall be unconditional, without regard to the liability of any other party, and shall not be affected in any manner by any indulgence, extension of time, renewal, waiver or modification granted or consented to by Payee, and consents to any and all extensions of time, renewals, waivers, or modifications that may be granted by Payee with respect to the payment or other provisions of this Note, and agrees that additional makers, endorsers, guarantors, or sureties may become parties hereto without notice to Maker or affecting Maker’s liability hereunder.
9. Notices. All notices, statements or other documents which are required or contemplated by this Agreement shall be in writing and delivered (i) personally or sent by first class registered or certified mail, overnight courier service, (ii) by facsimile to the number most recently provided to such party or such other address or fax number as may be designated in writing by such party or (iii) by electronic mail, to the electronic mail address most recently provided to such party or such other electronic mail address as may be designated in writing by such party. Any notice or other communication so transmitted shall be deemed to have been given on the day of delivery, if delivered personally, on the day of receipt of written confirmation, if sent by facsimile or electronic transmission, one
(1) business day after delivery to an overnight courier service or five (5) days after mailing if sent by mail.
10. Construction. THIS NOTE SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND ENFORCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAW PROVISIONS THEREOF.
11. Severability. Any provision contained in this Note which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof, and any such prohibition or unenforceability in any jurisdiction shall not invalidate or render unenforceable such provision in any other jurisdiction.
12. Trust Waiver. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the Payee hereby waives any and all right, title, interest or claim of any kind (“Claim”) in or to any distribution of or from the trust account in which the proceeds of the IPO conducted by the Maker (including the deferred underwriters discounts and commissions) and the proceeds of the sale of the warrants issued in a private placement that occurred prior to the consummation of the IPO were deposited, as described in greater detail in the Registration Statement, and hereby agrees not to seek recourse, reimbursement, payment or satisfaction for any Claim against the trust account for any reason whatsoever.
13. Amendment; Waiver. Any amendment hereto or waiver of any provision hereof may be made with, and only with, the written consent of the Maker, Payee and APSG Sponsor II, L.P.
14. Assignment. No assignment or transfer of this Note or any rights or obligations hereunder may be made by any party hereto (by operation of law or otherwise) without the prior written consent of the other party hereto and any attempted assignment without the required consent shall be void.
[Signature page follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Maker, intending to be legally bound hereby, has caused this Note to be duly executed by the undersigned as of the day and year first above written.
APOLLO STRATEGIC GROWTH CAPITAL II
/s/ James Crossen
Name: James Crossen
Title: Chief Financial Officer
Accepted and agreed this 1st day of March, 2021
APSG SPONSOR II, L.P.
By: AP Caps II Holdings GP, LLC, its general partner
By: Apollo Principal Holdings III, L.P., its managing
By: Apollo Principal Holdings III GP, Ltd., its general
/s/ Laurie D. Medley
Laurie D. Medley
Dated: March 1, 2021
APSG Sponsor II, L.P., as Payee under that
certain Promissory Note referred to below
9 West 57th Street, 43rd Floor
New York, NY 10019
Ladies and Gentlemen:
The undersigned (the “Maker”), refers to the Promissory Note, dated as of March 1, 2021 (as amended, restated, modified and/or supplemented from time to time, the “Promissory Note”), made by the Maker in favor of APSG Sponsor II, L.P., and hereby gives you notice, irrevocably, pursuant to Section 9 of the Promissory Note, that the undersigned hereby requests a drawdown under the Promissory Note, and in that connection sets forth below the information relating to such borrowing (the “Borrowing”):
(i)The business day of the Borrowing is March 1, 2021.
(ii)The aggregate principal amount of the Borrowing is $1,500,000.00.
(iii)The proceeds from the Borrowing will be used as set forth in Section 2 of the Promissory Note.
The undersigned certifies that no Event of Default (as defined in the Promissory Note) has occurred and is continuing, or would result from such Borrowing or from the application of the proceeds thereof.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned hereby has executed this Drawdown Request as of the date first written above.
Very truly yours,
APOLLO STRATEGIC GROWTH
Name: James Crossen
Title: Chief Financial Officer