Warrant to Purchase Common Stock issued to Maxim Group LLC
EX-4.1 3 arec_ex4-1.htm WARRANT TO PURCHASE COMMON STOCK Blueprint
NEITHER THESE SECURITIES NOR THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE OF THESE SECURITIES HAVE BEEN REGISTERED WITH THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION OR THE SECURITIES COMMISSION OF ANY STATE IN RELIANCE UPON AN EXEMPTION FROM REGISTRATION UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “SECURITIES ACT”), AND, ACCORDINGLY, MAY NOT BE OFFERED OR SOLD EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR PURSUANT TO AN AVAILABLE EXEMPTION FROM, OR IN A TRANSACTION NOT SUBJECT TO, THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE SECURITIES ACT AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS AS EVIDENCED BY A LEGAL OPINION OF COUNSEL TO THE TRANSFEROR TO SUCH EFFECT, THE SUBSTANCE OF WHICH SHALL BE REASONABLY ACCEPTABLE TO THE COMPANY. THESE SECURITIES AND THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE OF THESE SECURITIES MAY BE PLEDGED IN CONNECTION WITH A BONA FIDE MARGIN ACCOUNT SECURED BY SUCH SECURITIES.
AMERICAN RESOURCES CORPORATION
FORM OF UNDERWRITER WARRANT
Warrant No. [___] Original Issue Date: February 20, 2019
American Resources Corporation, a Florida corporation (the “Company”), hereby certifies that, as partial compensation for services, Maxim Partners LLC or its registered assigns (the “Holder”), is entitled to purchase from the Company up to a total of 70,000 shares of Common Stock (each such share, a “Warrant Share” and all such shares, the “Warrant Shares”), at any time and from time to time beginning on August 15, 2019 and through and including 6:30pm New York City time on February 15, 2021 (the “Expiration Date”):
1. Definitions. As used in this Warrant, the following terms shall have the respective definitions set forth in this Section 1.
“Affiliate” means any Person that, directly or indirectly through one or more intermediaries, controls or is controlled by or is under common control with a Person, as such terms are used in and construed under Rule 144.
“Business Day” means any day except Saturday, Sunday and any day which is a federal legal holiday or a day on which banking institutions in the State of New York are authorized or required by law or other governmental action to close.
“Common Stock” means the Class A common stock of the Company, $0.0001 par value per share, and any securities into which such common stock may hereafter be reclassified or for which it may be exchanged as a class.
“Effective Date” means the effective date of the Registration Statement on Form S-1 (Registration No. 333-226042).
“Exchange Act” means the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.
“Exercise Price” means $4.4, subject to adjustment in accordance with Section 9.
“Fundamental Transaction” means any of the following: (1) the Company effects any merger or consolidation of the Company with or into another Person, (2) the Company effects any sale of all or substantially all of its assets in one or a series of related transactions, (3) any tender offer or exchange offer (whether by the Company or another Person) is completed pursuant to which holders of Common Stock are permitted to tender or exchange their shares for other securities, cash or property, or (4) the Company effects any reclassification of the Common Stock or any compulsory share exchange pursuant to which the Common Stock is effectively converted into or exchanged for other securities, cash or property.
“New York Courts” means the state and federal courts sitting in the City of New York, Borough of Manhattan.
“Original Issue Date” means the Original Issue Date first set forth on the first page of this Warrant.
“Person” means an individual or corporation, partnership, trust, incorporated or unincorporated association, joint venture, limited liability company, joint stock company, government (or an agency or subdivision thereof) or other entity of any kind.
“Rule 144” means Rule 144 promulgated by the SEC pursuant to the Securities Act, as such Rule may be amended from time to time, or any similar rule or regulation hereafter adopted by the SEC on having substantially the same effect as such Rule.
“SEC” means the Securities and Exchange Commission.
“Securities Act” means the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.
“Subsidiary” means any “significant subsidiary” as defined in Rule 1-02(w) of Regulation S-X promulgated by the SEC under the Exchange Act.
“Trading Day” means (i) a day on which the Common Stock is traded or quoted on a Trading Market, or (ii) if the Common Stock is not traded or quoted on any Trading Market, a day on which the Common Stock is quoted in the over-the-counter market as reported by the Pink Sheets LLC (or any similar organization or agency succeeding to its functions of reporting prices); provided, that in the event that the Common Stock is not traded or quoted as set forth in (i) or (ii) hereof, then Trading Day shall mean a Business Day.
“Trading Market” means whichever of the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE American, the NASDAQ Capital Market, the NASDAQ Global Market, the NASDAQ Global Select Market or OTC Bulletin Board on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted for trading on the date in question.
“Warrant Shares” means the shares of Common Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant.
2. Registration of Warrant. The Company shall register this Warrant upon records to be maintained by the Company for that purpose (the “Warrant Register”), in the name of the record Holder hereof from time to time. The Company may deem and treat the registered Holder of this Warrant as the absolute owner hereof for the purpose of any exercise hereof or any distribution to the Holder, and for all other purposes, absent actual notice to the contrary.
3. Registration of Transfers. Subject to the limitation set forth in the last sentence of Section 4 hereof, the Company shall register the transfer of any portion of this Warrant in the Warrant Register, upon surrender of this Warrant, with the Form of Assignment attached hereto duly completed and signed, to the Company at its address specified herein. Upon any such registration or transfer, a new Warrant to purchase Common Stock, in substantially the form of this Warrant (any such new Warrant, a “New Warrant”), evidencing the portion of this Warrant so transferred shall be issued to the transferee and a New Warrant evidencing the remaining portion of this Warrant not so transferred, if any, shall be issued to the transferring Holder. The acceptance of the New Warrant by the transferee thereof shall be deemed the acceptance by such transferee of all of the rights and obligations of a holder of a Warrant.
4. Exercise and Duration of Warrants. This Warrant shall be exercisable by the registered Holder at any time and from time to time beginning on August 15, 2019 through and including the Expiration Date. At 6:30 p.m., New York City time on the Expiration Date which, in accordance with FINRA Rule 5110(f)(2)(G)(i) shall not be more than five (5) years from the Effective Date, the portion of this Warrant not exercised prior thereto shall be and become void and of no value. The Company may not call or redeem any portion of this Warrant without the prior written consent of the affected Holder. This Warrant shall not be sold, transferred, assigned, pledged, or hypothecated, or be the subject of any hedging, short sale, derivative, put, or call transaction that would result in the effective economic disposition of this Warrant by any person for a period of 180 days from the Effective Date, except as provided in FINRA Rule 5110(g)(2).
5. Delivery of Warrant Shares.
(a) To effect exercises hereunder, the Holder shall not be required to physically surrender this Warrant unless the aggregate Warrant Shares represented by this Warrant is being exercised. Upon delivery of the Exercise Notice (in the form attached hereto) to the Company (with the attached Warrant Shares Exercise Log) at its address for notice set forth herein and upon payment of the Exercise Price multiplied by the number of Warrant Shares that the Holder intends to purchase hereunder (provided, that, in lieu of the payment of the Exercise Price, the Holder may have notified the Company in its Exercise Notice that such exercise was made pursuant to a Cashless Exercise (as defined in Section 11 hereof)), the Company shall promptly (but in no event later than five Trading Days) after the Date of Exercise (as defined herein)) issue and deliver to the Holder, a certificate for the Warrant Shares issuable upon such exercise. The Company shall, upon request of the Holder and subsequent to the date on which a registration statement covering the resale of the Warrant Shares, if any, has been declared effective by the SEC, use its reasonable best efforts to deliver Warrant Shares hereunder electronically through the Depository Trust Corporation or another established clearing corporation performing similar functions, if available, provided, that, the Company may, but will not be required to change its transfer agent if its current transfer agent cannot deliver Warrant Shares electronically through the Depository Trust Corporation. A “Date of Exercise” means the date on which the Holder shall have delivered to the Company: (i) the Exercise Notice (with the Warrant Exercise Log attached to it), appropriately completed and duly signed and (ii) payment of the Exercise Price for the number of Warrant Shares so indicated by the Holder to be purchased.
(b) If by the fifth Trading Day after a Date of Exercise the Company fails to deliver the required number of Warrant Shares in the manner required pursuant to Section 5(a), then the Holder will have the right to rescind such exercise.
(c) The Company’s obligations to issue and deliver Warrant Shares in accordance with the terms hereof are absolute and unconditional, irrespective of any action or inaction by the Holder to enforce the same, any waiver or consent with respect to any provision hereof, the recovery of any judgment against any Person or any action to enforce the same, or any setoff, counterclaim, recoupment, limitation or termination, or any breach or alleged breach by the Holder or any other Person of any obligation to the Company or any violation or alleged violation of law by the Holder or any other Person, and irrespective of any other circumstance which might otherwise limit such obligation of the Company to the Holder in connection with the issuance of Warrant Shares. Nothing herein shall limit a Holder’s right to pursue any other remedies available to it hereunder, at law or in equity including, without limitation, a decree of specific performance and/or injunctive relief with respect to the Company’s failure to timely deliver certificates representing Warrant Shares upon exercise of the Warrant as required pursuant to the terms hereof.
6. Charges, Taxes and Expenses. Issuance and delivery of Warrant Shares upon exercise of this Warrant shall be made without charge to the Holder for any issue or transfer tax, withholding tax, transfer agent fee or other incidental tax or expense in respect of the issuance of such certificates, all of which taxes and expenses shall be paid by the Company; provided, however, that the Company shall not be required to pay any tax which may be payable in respect of any transfer involved in the registration of any certificates for Warrant Shares or Warrants in a name other than that of the Holder. The Holder shall be responsible for all other tax liability that may arise as a result of holding or transferring this Warrant or receiving Warrant Shares upon exercise hereof.
7. Replacement of Warrant. If this Warrant is mutilated, lost, stolen or destroyed, the Company shall issue or cause to be issued in exchange and substitution for and upon cancellation hereof, or in lieu of and substitution for this Warrant, a New Warrant, but only upon receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of such loss, theft or destruction and customary and reasonable indemnity (which shall not include a surety bond), if requested. Applicants for a New Warrant under such circumstances shall also comply with such other reasonable regulations and procedures and pay such other reasonable third-party costs as the Company may prescribe. If a New Warrant is requested as a result of a mutilation of this Warrant, then the Holder shall deliver such mutilated Warrant to the Company as a condition precedent to the Company’s obligation to issue the New Warrant.
8. Reservation of Warrant Shares. The Company covenants that it will at all times reserve and keep available out of the aggregate of its authorized but unissued and otherwise unreserved Common Stock, solely for the purpose of enabling it to issue Warrant Shares upon exercise of this Warrant as herein provided, the number of Warrant Shares which are then issuable and deliverable upon the exercise of this entire Warrant, free from preemptive rights or any other contingent purchase rights of Persons other than the Holder (taking into account the adjustments and restrictions of Section 9). The Company covenants that all Warrant Shares so issuable and deliverable shall, upon issuance and the payment of the applicable Exercise Price in accordance with the terms hereof, be duly and validly authorized, issued and fully paid and nonassessable.
9. Certain Adjustments. The Exercise Price and number of Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant are subject to adjustment from time to time as set forth in this Section 9.
(a) Stock Dividends and Splits. If the Company, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, (i) pays a stock dividend on its Common Stock or otherwise makes a distribution on any class of capital stock that is payable in shares of Common Stock, (ii) subdivides outstanding shares of Common Stock into a larger number of shares, or (iii) combines outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares, then in each such case the Exercise Price shall be multiplied by a fraction of which the numerator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately before such event and of which the denominator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event. Any adjustment made pursuant to clause (i) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the record date for the determination of stockholders entitled to receive such dividend or distribution, and any adjustment pursuant to clause (ii) or (iii) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the effective date of such subdivision or combination.
(b) Fundamental Transactions. If, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding there is a Fundamental Transaction, then the Holder shall have the right thereafter to receive, upon exercise of this Warrant, the same amount and kind of securities, cash or property as it would have been entitled to receive upon the occurrence of such Fundamental Transaction if it had been, immediately prior to such Fundamental Transaction, the holder of the number of Warrant Shares then issuable upon exercise in full of this Warrant (the “Alternate Consideration”). For purposes of any such exercise, the determination of the Exercise Price shall be appropriately adjusted to apply to such Alternate Consideration based on the amount of Alternate Consideration issuable in respect of one share of Common Stock in such Fundamental Transaction, and the Company shall apportion the Exercise Price among the Alternate Consideration in a reasonable manner reflecting the relative value of any different components of the Alternate Consideration. If holders of Common Stock are given any choice as to the securities, cash or property to be received in a Fundamental Transaction, then the Holder shall be given the same choice as to the Alternate Consideration it receives upon any exercise of this Warrant following such Fundamental Transaction. At the Holder’s option and request, any successor to the Company or surviving entity in such Fundamental Transaction shall issue to the Holder a new warrant substantially in the form of this Warrant and consistent with the foregoing provisions and evidencing the Holder’s right to purchase the Alternate Consideration for the aggregate Exercise Price upon exercise thereof. The terms of any agreement pursuant to which a Fundamental Transaction is effected shall include terms requiring any such successor or surviving entity to comply with the provisions of this paragraph (b) and insuring that the Warrant (or any such replacement security) will be similarly adjusted upon any subsequent transaction analogous to a Fundamental Transaction.
(c) Number of Warrant Shares. Simultaneously with any adjustment to the Exercise Price pursuant to this Section 9, the number of Warrant Shares that may be purchased upon exercise of this Warrant shall be increased or decreased proportionately, so that after such adjustment the aggregate Exercise Price payable hereunder for the adjusted number of Warrant Shares shall be the same as the aggregate Exercise Price in effect immediately prior to such adjustment.
(d) Calculations. All calculations under this Section 9 shall be made to the nearest cent or the nearest 1/100th of a share, as applicable. The number of shares of Common Stock outstanding at any given time shall not include shares owned or held by or for the account of the Company, and the disposition of any such shares shall be considered an issue or sale of Common Stock.
(e) Notice of Adjustments. Upon the occurrence of each adjustment pursuant to this Section 9, the Company at its expense will promptly compute such adjustment in accordance with the terms of this Warrant and prepare a certificate setting forth such adjustment, including a statement of the adjusted Exercise Price and adjusted number or type of Warrant Shares or other securities issuable upon exercise of this Warrant (as applicable), describing the transactions giving rise to such adjustments and showing in detail the facts upon which such adjustment is based. Upon written request, the Company will promptly deliver a copy of each such certificate to the Holder and to the Company’s Transfer Agent.
(f) Notice of Corporate Events. If the Company (i) declares a dividend or any other distribution of cash, securities or other property in respect of its Common Stock, including without limitation any granting of rights or warrants to subscribe for or purchase any capital stock of the Company or any Subsidiary, (ii) authorizes or approves, enters into any agreement contemplating or solicits stockholder approval for any Fundamental Transaction or (iii) authorizes the voluntary dissolution, liquidation or winding up of the affairs of the Company, then the Company shall deliver to the Holder a notice describing the material terms and conditions of such transaction (but only to the extent such disclosure would not result in the dissemination of material, non-public information to the Holder) at least 10 calendar days prior to the applicable record or effective date on which a Person would need to hold Common Stock in order to participate in or vote with respect to such transaction, and the Company will take all steps reasonably necessary in order to give the Holder the practical opportunity to exercise this Warrant prior to such time so as to participate in or vote with respect to such transaction; provided, however, that the failure to deliver such notice or any defect therein shall not affect the validity of the corporate action required to be described in such notice.
10. Payment of Exercise Price. The Holder shall pay the Exercise Price by delivering immediately available funds if the Holder did not notify the Company in the Exercise Notice that the exercise was made pursuant to a Cashless Exercise as further described in Section 11 hereof.
11. Cashless Exercise. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary (other than Section 12 below), the Holder may, in lieu of making the cash payment otherwise contemplated to be made to the Company upon exercise, elect instead to receive upon such exercise the “Net Number” of shares of Common Stock determined according to the following formula (a “Cashless Exercise”):
Net Number = (A x B) - (A x C)
For purposes of the foregoing formula:
A = the total number of shares with respect to which this Warrant is then being exercised.
B = as applicable: (i) the closing sale price of the Common Stock on the Trading Day immediately preceding the date of the applicable Exercise Notice if such Exercise Notice is (1) both executed and delivered pursuant to Section 5 hereof on a day that is not a Trading Day or (2) both executed and delivered pursuant to Section 5 hereof on a Trading Day prior to the opening of “regular trading hours” (as defined in Rule 600(b)(64) of Regulation NMS promulgated under the federal securities laws) on such Trading Day, (ii) the bid price of the Common Stock as of the time of the Holder’s execution of the applicable Exercise Notice if such Exercise Notice is executed during “regular trading hours” on a Trading Day pursuant to Section 5 hereof, (iii) the closing sale price of the Common Stock on the date of the applicable Exercise Notice if the date of such Exercise Notice is a Trading Day and such Exercise Notice is both executed and delivered pursuant to Section 5 hereof after the close of “regular trading hours” on such Trading Day, or (iv) if the Common Stock is not traded in such manner that the quotations referred to above are available, the fair value per share of the Common Stock as determined by the Board of Directors of the Company in good faith.
C = the Exercise Price then in effect for the applicable Warrant Shares at the time of such exercise.
12. Limitations on Exercise. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the number of Warrant Shares that may be acquired by the Holder upon any exercise of this Warrant (or otherwise in respect hereof) shall be limited to the extent necessary to insure that, following such exercise (or other issuance), the total number of shares of Common Stock then beneficially owned by such Holder and its Affiliates and any other Persons whose beneficial ownership of Common Stock would be aggregated with the Holder’s for purposes of Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act, does not exceed 9.99% of the total number of issued and outstanding shares of Common Stock (including for such purpose the shares of Common Stock issuable upon such exercise). For such purposes, beneficial ownership shall be determined in accordance with Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder. This provision shall not restrict the number of shares of Common Stock which a Holder may receive or beneficially own in order to determine the amount of securities or other consideration that such Holder may receive in the event of a Fundamental Transaction as contemplated in Section 9 of this Warrant. This restriction may not be waived. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Warrant, (a) no term of this Section may be waived by any party, nor amended such that the threshold percentage of ownership would be directly or indirectly increased, (b) this restriction runs with the Warrant and may not be modified or waived by any subsequent holder hereof and (c) any attempted waiver, modification or amendment of this Section will be void ab initio.
13. No Fractional Shares. No fractional shares of Common Stock will be issued in connection with any exercise of this Warrant. In lieu of any fractional shares which would, otherwise be issuable, the Company shall pay cash equal to the product of such fraction multiplied by the closing price of one Warrant Share as reported by the applicable Trading Market on the date of exercise.
14. Notices. Any and all notices or other communications or deliveries hereunder (including, without limitation, any Exercise Notice) shall be in writing and shall be deemed given and effective on the earliest of (i) the date of transmission, if such notice or communication is delivered via facsimile at the facsimile number specified in this Section prior to 6:30 p.m. (New York City time) on a Trading Day, (ii) the next Trading Day after the date of transmission, if such notice or communication is delivered via facsimile at the facsimile number specified in this Section on a day that is not a Trading Day or later than 6:30 p.m. (New York City time) on any Trading Day, (iii) the Trading Day following the date of mailing, if sent by nationally recognized overnight courier service, or (iv) upon actual receipt by the party to whom such notice is required to be given. The addresses for such communications shall be: (i) if to the Company, to 9002 Technology Lane, Fishers, IN 46038, telecopy number: (606) 393-0190, Attention: Chief Executive Officer (or such other address as the Company shall indicate in writing in accordance with this Section), or (ii) if to the Holder, to the address or facsimile number appearing on the Warrant Register or such other address or facsimile number as the Holder may provide to the Company in accordance with this Section.
15. “Piggy-Back” Registration Rights. The Holder shall have the right, for a period of three (3) years from the Effective Date, to include the shares of Common Stock underlying the Warrants (the “Registrable Securities”) as part of any other registration of securities filed by the Company (other than in connection with a transaction contemplated by Rule 145(a) promulgated under the Securities Act or pursuant to Form S-8 or any equivalent form); provided, however, that if, solely in connection with any primary underwritten public offering for the account of the Company, the managing underwriter(s) thereof shall, in its reasonable discretion, impose a limitation on the number of shares of Common Stock underlying the Warrants which may be included in the registration statement because, in such underwriter(s)’ judgment, marketing or other factors dictate such limitation is necessary to facilitate public distribution, then the Company shall be obligated to include in such registration statement only such limited portion of the Registrable Securities with respect to which the Holder requested inclusion hereunder as the underwriter(s) shall reasonably permit. Any exclusion of Registrable Securities shall be made pro rata among the Holders seeking to include Registrable Securities in proportion to the number of Registrable Securities sought to be included by such Holders; provided, however, that the Company shall not exclude any Registrable Securities unless the Company has first excluded all outstanding securities, the holders of which are not entitled to inclusion of such securities in such registration statement or are not entitled to pro rata inclusion with the Registrable Securities. The Holders shall be entitled to unlimited piggy-back registration rights pursuant to this Section 15. Any holder of Registrable Securities may elect to withdraw such Holder’s request for inclusion of Registrable Securities in any piggy-back registration by giving written notice to the Company of such request to withdraw prior to the effectiveness of the registration statement. The Company (whether on its own determination or as the result of a withdrawal by persons making a demand pursuant to written contractual obligations) may withdraw a registration statement at any time prior to the effectiveness of the registration statement. Notwithstanding any such withdrawal, the Company shall pay all expenses incurred by the Holders of Registrable Securities in connection with such piggy-back registration as provided in this Section 15. The Company shall bear all fees and expenses attendant to registering the Registrable Securities pursuant to this Section 15, including the reasonable and documented expenses of a single legal counsel selected by the Holders to represent them in connection with the sale of the Registrable Securities, but the Holders shall pay any and all underwriting commissions or brokerage fees related to the Registrable Securities. In the event of such a proposed registration, the Company shall furnish the then Holders of outstanding Registrable Securities with not less than fifteen (15) days written notice prior to the proposed date of filing of such registration statement. Such notice to the Holders shall continue to be given for each registration statement filed by the Company until such time as all of the Registrable Securities have been sold by the Holder. The holders of the Registrable Securities shall exercise the “piggy-back” rights provided for herein by giving written notice, within ten (10) days of the receipt of the Company’s notice of its intention to file a registration statement. The Company shall use its commercially reasonable efforts to cause any registration statement filed pursuant to the piggyback right granted under this Section 15 to remain effective for a period of at least nine (9) consecutive months from the date that the Holders of the Registrable Securities covered by such registration statement are first given the opportunity to sell all of such securities.
16. Warrant Agent. The Company shall serve as warrant agent under this Warrant. Upon 10 days’ notice to the Holder, the Company may appoint a new warrant agent. Any corporation into which the Company or any new warrant agent may be merged or any corporation resulting from any consolidation to which the Company or any new warrant agent shall be a party or any corporation to which the Company or any new warrant agent transfers substantially all of its corporate trust or shareholders services business shall be a successor warrant agent under this Warrant without any further act. Any such successor warrant agent shall promptly cause notice of its succession as warrant agent to be mailed (by first class mail, postage prepaid) to the Holder at the Holder’s last address as shown on the Warrant Register.
(a) This Warrant shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. Subject to the preceding sentence, nothing in this Warrant shall be construed to give to any Person other than the Company and the Holder any legal or equitable right, remedy or cause of action under this Warrant. This Warrant may be amended only in writing signed by the Company and the Holder or, if applicable, their respective successors and assigns.
(b) All questions concerning the construction, validity, enforcement and interpretation of this Warrant shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law thereof. Each party agrees that all legal proceedings concerning the interpretations, enforcement and defense of this Warrant and the transactions herein contemplated (“Proceedings”) (whether brought against a party hereto or its respective Affiliates, employees or agents) shall be commenced exclusively in the New York Courts. Each party hereto hereby irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New York Courts for the adjudication of any dispute hereunder or in connection herewith or with any transaction contemplated hereby or discussed herein, and hereby irrevocably waives, and agrees not to assert in any Proceeding, any claim that it is not personally subject to the jurisdiction of any New York Court, or that such Proceeding has been commenced in an improper or inconvenient forum. Each party hereto hereby irrevocably waives personal service of process and consents to process being served in any such Proceeding by mailing a copy thereof via registered or certified mail or overnight delivery (with evidence of delivery) to such party at the address in effect for notices to it under this Warrant and agrees that such service shall constitute good and sufficient service of process and notice thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to limit in any way any right to serve process in any manner permitted by law. Each party hereto hereby irrevocably waives, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any and all right to trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to this Warrant or the transactions contemplated hereby. If either party shall commence a Proceeding to enforce any provisions of this Warrant, then the prevailing party in such Proceeding shall be reimbursed by the other party for its attorney’s fees and other costs and expenses incurred with the investigation, preparation and prosecution of such Proceeding.
(c) The headings herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of this Warrant and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
(d) In case any one or more of the provisions of this Warrant shall be invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and provisions of this Warrant shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby and the parties will attempt in good faith to agree upon a valid and enforceable provision which shall be a commercially reasonable substitute therefor, and upon so agreeing, shall incorporate such substitute provision in this Warrant.
(e) Prior to exercise of this Warrant, the Holder hereof shall not, by reason of being a Holder, be entitled to any rights of a stockholder with respect to the Warrant Shares.
[REMAINDER OF PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK,
SIGNATURE PAGE FOLLOWS]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Warrant to be duly executed by its authorized officer as of the date first indicated above.
AMERICAN RESOURCES CORPORATION
[Signature Page to Warrant]
AMERICAN RESOURCES CORPORATION
WARRANT DATED ________
The undersigned Holder hereby irrevocably elects to purchase _____ shares of Common Stock pursuant to the above referenced Warrant. Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined have the respective meanings set forth in the Warrant.
The undersigned Holder hereby exercises its right to purchase _____ Warrant Shares pursuant to the Warrant.
The holder intends that payment of the Exercise Price shall be made as:
_____ a “Cash Exercise” with respect to _____ Warrant Shares; and/or
_____ a “Cashless Exercise” with respect to _____ Warrant Shares.
Pursuant to this Exercise Notice, the Company shall deliver to the holder _____ Warrant Shares in accordance with the terms of the Warrant.
By its delivery of this Exercise Notice, the undersigned represents and warrants to the Company that in giving effect to the exercise evidenced hereby the Holder will not beneficially own in excess of the number of shares of Common Stock (determined in accordance with Section 13(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934) permitted to be owned under Section 12 of this Warrant to which this notice relates.
Dated: ____________________, ______
Name of Holder:
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
(Signature must conform in all respects to name of holder as specified on the face of the Warrant)
Warrant Shares Exercise Log
Number of Warrant Shares Available to be Exercised
Number of Warrant Shares Exercised
Number of Warrant Shares Remaining to be Exercised
| || || || |
AMERICAN RESOURCES CORPORATION
WARRANT DATED ________
WARRANT NO. [___]
FORM OF ASSIGNMENT
[To be completed and signed only upon transfer of Warrant]
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the undersigned hereby sells, assigns and transfers unto _____ the right represented by the above-captioned Warrant to purchase _____ shares of Common Stock to which such Warrant relates and appoints _____ attorney to transfer said right on the books of the Company with full power of substitution in the premises.
Dated: ____________________, ______
| || |
(Signature must conform in all respects to name of holder as specified on the face of the Warrant)
| || |
| || |
Address of Transferee:
| || |
| || |
| || |
In the presence of
| || |