15. LIENS. Lessee shall keep the premises free from any liens arising out of any work performed, materials furnished or obligations incurred by Lessee.
16. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR. As a material part of the consideration for the leasing of the premises at the rental herein provided, Lessee shall, at its sole cost and expense, keep and maintain the premises and appurtenances and every part thereof in good and sanitary order, condition and repair. Lessee waives the provisions of Civil Code Sections 1941 and 1942 with respect to Lessors obligations for tenantability of the premises and tenants right to make repairs and deduct the expenses of such repairs from the rent.
Excepting only as in this Lease expressly provided, Lessor shall have not duty, obligation or liability whatsoever to care for or maintain the premises. In the event that, by any express provision of this Lease, Lessor agrees to care for or maintain the, or any part of, the premises, such agreement on the part of Lessor shall constitute a covenant only, and no obligations or liability whatsoever shall exist on the part of Lessor to Lessee by reasons thereof unless Lessee shall first serve on Lessor written notice specifying with particularity the provisions of this Lease wherein said duty is claimed to exist on the part of Lessor, the facts existing that require the performance of such duty and the failure or omission on the part of Lessor to commence the performance or observance thereof with reasonable diligence after actual receipt of said notice.
17. COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW. Lessee shall, at its sole cost and expense, comply with all of the requirements of all governmental authorities now in force, or which may hereafter be in force, pertaining to the premises, and shall faithfully observe in the use of the premises all rules, regulations, ordinances and statutes now in force or which may hereafter be in force. The judgment of any court of competent jurisdiction, decision of any regulatory agency, or the admission of Lessee in any action or proceeding against Lessee, whether Lessor be a party thereto or not, that Lessee has violated any such rule, regulation, ordinance or statute in the use of the premises shall be conclusive of that fact as between Lessor and Lessee.
18. DUTY IMPOSED BY LAW TO ALTER PREMISES. In the event that during the term hereof any alteration, addition, change, or otherwise to the premises, or any portion thereof, be required by any rule, regulation or law, the same shall be made by Lessee at Lessees sole cost and expense after first giving Lessor written notice of the proposed alteration, as more particularly required by Section 15 of this Lease.
19. INSPECTION FEES AND CHARGES. Lessee shall, in addition to all other sums, pay all fees for permits, inspections, or examinations of the premises, or any part thereof, or anything pertaining thereto, charged by any public authority having jurisdiction over the premises.
20. HAZARDOUS MATERIAL.
(a) Use of Hazardous Material. Lessee shall not cause or permit any Hazardous Material, as defined in subparagraph (f) below, to be generated, brought onto, used, stored, or disposed of in or about the premises or the building by Lessee or its agents, employees, contractors, subtenants, or invitees, except for such substances that are required in the ordinary course of Lessees business conducted on the premises or are otherwise approved by Lessor. Lessee shall:
(i) Use, store, and dispose of all such Hazardous Material in strict compliance with all applicable statues, ordinances, and regulations in effect during the Lease term that relate to public health and safety and protection of the environment (Environmental Laws), including those Environmental Laws identified in subparagraph (e) below; and
(ii) Comply at all times during the Lease term with all Environmental Laws.
(b) Notice of Release or Investigation. If, during the Lease term (including extensions), Lessee becomes aware of (a) any actual or threatened release of any Hazardous Material on, under, or about the premises or the building or (b) any inquiry, investigation, proceeding, or claim by any government agency or other person regarding the presence of Hazardous Material on, under, or about the premises or the Building, Lessee shall give Lessor written notice of the release or investigation within five (5) days after learning of it and shall simultaneously furnish to Lessor copies of any claims, notices of violation, reports, or other writings received by Lessee that concern the release or investigation.