EX-10.2 3 ex10-2.htm
THIS NOTE AND THE COMMON STOCK ISSUABLE UPON CONVERSION OF THIS NOTE HAVE NOT BEEN AND WILL NOT BE REGISTERED WITH THE UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION OR THE SECURITIES COMMISSION OF ANY STATE PURSUANT TO AN EXEMPTION FROM REGISTRATION PROVIDED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, AND THE RULES AND REGULATIONS PROMULGATED THEREUNDER (THE “1933 ACT”)
ADHERA THERAPEUTICS, INC.
10% CONVERTIBLE REDEEMABLE NOTE
DUE OCTOBER 5, 2022
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, ADHERA THERAPEUTICS, INC. (the “Company”) promises to pay to the order of TALOS VICTORY FUND, LLC and its authorized successors and Permitted Assigns, defined below, (“Holder”), the aggregate principal face amount One Hundred Thirty One Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars exactly (U.S. $131,250.00) on October 5, 2022 (“Maturity Date”) and to pay interest on the principal amount outstanding hereunder at the rate of 10% per annum commencing on October 5, 2021 (“Issuance Date”). The Company acknowledges this Note was issued with a $6,250.00 original issue discount and as such the purchase price was $125,000.00. The interest will be paid to the Holder in whose name this Note is registered on the records of the Company regarding registration and transfers of this Note. The principal of, and interest on, this Note are payable at 348 Cambridge Street #101, Woburn, MA 01801, initially, and if changed, last appearing on the records of the Company as designated in writing by the Holder hereof from time to time. The Company will pay each interest payment and the outstanding principal due upon this Note before or on the Maturity Date, less any amounts required by law to be deducted or withheld, to the Holder of this Note by check or wire transfer addressed to such Holder at the last address appearing on the records of the Company. The forwarding of such check or wire transfer shall constitute a payment of outstanding principal hereunder and shall satisfy and discharge the liability for principal on this Note to the extent of the sum represented by such check or wire transfer. Interest shall be payable in Common Stock (as defined below) pursuant to paragraph 4(b) herein. Permitted Assigns means any Holder assignment, transfer or sale of all or a portion of this Note accompanied by an opinion of counsel as provided for in Section 2(f) of the securities purchase agreement entered into between the Company and the Holder with respect to this Note (the “Securities Purchase Agreement”).
This Note is subject to the following additional provisions:
1. This Note is exchangeable for an equal aggregate principal amount of Notes of different authorized denominations, as requested by the Holder surrendering the same. No service charge will be made for such registration or transfer or exchange, except that Holder shall pay any tax or other governmental charges payable in connection therewith. To the extent that Holder subsequently transfers, assigns, sells or exchanges any of the multiple lesser denomination notes, Holder acknowledges that it will provide the Company with opinions of counsel as provided for in Section 2(f) of the Securities Purchase Agreement.
2. The Company shall be entitled to withhold from all payments any amounts required to be withheld under applicable laws.
3. This Note may be transferred or exchanged only in compliance with the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (“Act”) and applicable state securities laws. Any attempted transfer to a non-qualifying party shall be treated by the Company as void. Prior to due presentment for transfer of this Note, the Company and any agent of the Company may treat the person in whose name this Note is duly registered on the Company’s records as the owner hereof for all other purposes, whether or not this Note be overdue, and neither the Company nor any such agent shall be affected or bound by notice to the contrary. Any Holder of this Note electing to exercise the right of conversion set forth in Section 4(a) hereof, in addition to the requirements set forth in Section 4(a), and any prequalified prospective transferee of this Note, also is required to give the Company written confirmation that this Note is being converted (“Notice of Conversion”) in the form annexed hereto as Exhibit A. The date of receipt (including receipt by telecopy) of such Notice of Conversion shall be the Conversion Date.
4. (a) The Holder of this Note is entitled, at its option, at any time after cash payment, to convert all or any amount of the principal face amount of this Note then outstanding into shares of the Company’s common stock (the “Common Stock”) at a price for each share of Common Stock equal to $0.075 per share (“Conversion Price”). The Conversion Price is subject to equitable adjustments for stock splits, stock dividends or rights offerings by the Borrower relating to the Borrower’s securities or the securities of any subsidiary of the Borrower, combinations, recapitalization, reclassifications, extraordinary distributions and similar events. If the shares have not been delivered within 3 business days, the Notice of Conversion may be rescinded in addition to all other rights and remedies that Holder may be entitled to. Such conversion shall be effectuated by the Company delivering the shares of Common Stock to the Holder within 3 business days of receipt by the Company of the Notice of Conversion. Accrued but unpaid interest shall be subject to conversion. No fractional shares or scrip representing fractions of shares will be issued on conversion, but the number of shares issuable shall be rounded to the nearest whole share. To the extent the Conversion Price of the Company’s Common Stock closes below the par value per share, the Company will take all steps necessary to solicit the consent of the stockholders to reduce the par value to the lowest value possible under law. The Company agrees to honor all conversions submitted pending this increase. In no event shall the Holder be allowed to effect a conversion if such conversion, along with all other shares of Company Common Stock beneficially owned by the Holder and its affiliates would exceed 4.99% of the outstanding shares of the Common Stock of the Company (which may be increased up to 9.9% upon 60 days’ prior written notice by the Investor). If the Company, at any time while this Note or any amounts due hereunder are outstanding, issues, sells or grants (or has issued, sold or granted as of the Issuance Date, as the case may be) any option to purchase, or sells or grants any right to reprice, or otherwise disposes of, or issues (or has sold or issued, as the case may be, or announces any sale, grant or any option to purchase or other disposition), any Common Stock or other securities convertible into, exercisable for, or otherwise entitle any person or entity the right to acquire, shares of Common Stock (including, without limitation, upon conversion of this Note, and any convertible notes or warrants outstanding as of or following the Issuance Date), in each or any case at an effective price per share that is lower than the then Conversion Price (such lower price, the “Base Conversion Price” and such issuances, collectively, a “Dilutive Issuance”) (it being agreed that if the holder of the Common Stock or other securities so issued shall at any time, whether by operation of purchase price adjustments, reset provisions, floating conversion, exercise or exchange prices or otherwise, or due to warrants, options or rights per share which are issued in connection with such issuance, be entitled to receive shares of Common Stock at an effective price per share that is lower than the Conversion Price, such issuance shall be deemed to have occurred for less than the Conversion Price on such date of the Dilutive Issuance), then the Conversion Price shall be reduced, at the option of the Holder, to a price equal to the Base Conversion Price. Such adjustment shall be made whenever such Common Stock or other securities are issued. By way of example, and for the avoidance of doubt, if the Company issues a convertible promissory note, and the holder of such convertible promissory note has the right to convert it into Common Stock at an effective price per share that is lower than the then Conversion Price, then the Holder has the right to reduce the Conversion Price to such Base Conversion Price in perpetuity regardless of whether the holder of such convertible promissory note ever effectuated a conversion at the Base Conversion Price. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no adjustment shall be made under this Section 4(a) in respect of any Exempt Issuance (as defined in this Note). “Exempt Issuance” means the issuance of (a) shares of Common Stock, restricted stock units or options to consultants, employees, officers or directors of the Company pursuant to any stock or option plan duly adopted for such purpose, by a majority of the members of the Board of Directors or a majority of the members of a committee of directors established for such purpose for services rendered to the Company, (b) securities issued upon the exercise or exchange of or conversion of any securities issued under the Securities Purchase Agreement between the Holder and the Company dated as of the dated of this Note, (c) securities issued pursuant to any merger, acquisition or strategic transaction approved by a majority of the directors of the Company, provided that any such issuance shall only be to a Person (or to the equity holders of a Person) which is, itself or through its subsidiaries, an operating company or an owner of an asset in a business synergistic with the business of the Company and which shall reasonably be expected to provide to the Company additional benefits, but shall not include a transaction in which the Company is issuing securities primarily for the purpose of raising capital or to an entity whose primary business is investing in securities, (d) securities issued pursuant to any purchase money equipment loan or capital leasing arrangement or debt financing from a commercial bank or similar financial institution, or (e) securities issued to any placement agent or underwriter as compensation for services. The word Person means an individual or corporation, partnership, trust, incorporated or unincorporated association, joint venture, limited liability company, joint stock company, government (or an agency or subdivision thereof) or other entity of any kind.
(b) Interest on any unpaid principal balance of this Note shall be paid at the rate of 10% per annum. Interest may be paid by the Company in Common Stock (“Interest Shares”) if the Holder elects to convert such interest into Common Stock. Holder may, at any time, send in a Notice of Conversion to the Company for Interest Shares based on the formula provided in Section 4(a) above. The dollar amount converted into Interest Shares shall be all or a portion of the accrued interest calculated on the unpaid principal balance of this Note to the date of such notice.
(c) The Notes may be prepaid or assigned with the following penalties/premiums:
|PREPAY DATE || ||PREPAY AMOUNT|
|1-180 calendar days after the Issuance Date || ||100% of principal plus accrued interest|
This Note may not be prepaid after the 180th calendar day. Such redemption must be closed and funded within 3 days of giving notice of redemption or the right to redeem shall be null and void. Any partial prepayments will be made in accordance with the formula set forth in the chart above with respect to principal and interest.
(d) Upon (i) a transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of the Company to any person in a single transaction or series of related transactions, (ii) a reclassification, capital reorganization (excluding an increase in authorized capital) or other change or exchange of outstanding shares of the Common Stock, other than a forward or reverse stock split or stock dividend, or (iii) any consolidation or merger of the Company with or into another person or entity in which the Company is not the surviving entity (other than a merger which is effected solely to change the jurisdiction of incorporation of the Company and results in a reclassification, conversion or exchange of outstanding shares of Common Stock solely into shares of Common Stock) (each of items (i), (ii) and (iii) being referred to as a “Sale Event”), then, in each case, the Company shall, upon request of the Holder, redeem this Note in cash for 150% of the principal amount, plus accrued but unpaid interest through the date of redemption, or at the election of the Holder, such Holder may convert the unpaid principal amount of this Note (together with the amount of accrued but unpaid interest) into shares of Common Stock immediately prior to such Sale Event at the Conversion Price.
(e) In case of any Sale Event (not to include a sale of all or substantially all of the Company’s assets) in connection with which this Note is not redeemed or converted, the Company shall cause effective provision to be made so that the Holder of this Note shall have the right thereafter, by converting this Note, to purchase or convert this Note into the kind and number of shares of stock or other securities or property (including cash) receivable upon such reclassification, capital reorganization or other change, consolidation or merger by a holder of the number of shares of Common Stock that could have been purchased upon exercise of the Note and at the same Conversion Price, as defined in this Note, immediately prior to such Sale Event. The foregoing provisions shall similarly apply to successive Sale Events. If the consideration received by the holders of Common Stock is other than cash, the value shall be as determined by the Board of Directors of the Company or successor person or entity acting in good faith.
5. No provision of this Note shall alter or impair the obligation of the Company, which is absolute and unconditional, to pay the principal of, and interest on, this Note at the time, place, and rate, and in the form, herein prescribed.
6. The Company hereby expressly waives demand and presentment for payment, notice of non-payment, protest, notice of protest, notice of dishonor, notice of acceleration or intent to accelerate, and diligence in taking any action to collect amounts called for hereunder and shall be directly and primarily liable for the payment of all sums owing and to be owing hereto.
7. The Company agrees to pay all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, which may be incurred by the Holder in collecting any amount due under this Note.
8. If one or more of the following described “Events of Default” shall occur:
(a) The Company shall default in the payment of principal or interest on this Note or any other note issued to the Holder by the Company; or
(b) Any of the representations or warranties made by the Company herein or in any agreement entered into by the Company in connection with the execution and delivery of this Note, shall be false or misleading in any respect; or
(c) The Company shall fail to perform or observe, in any respect, any covenant, term, provision, condition, agreement or obligation of the Company under this Note, the Securities Purchase Agreement, the Warrant (as defined in the Securities Purchase Agreement) (the “Warrant”), any other note issued to the Holder, or any other documentation entered into between the Company and the Holder with respect to the aforementioned items; or
(d) The Company shall (1) become insolvent (which does not include a “going concern opinion); (2) admit in writing its inability to pay its debts generally as they mature; (3) make an assignment for the benefit of creditors or commence proceedings for its dissolution; (4) apply for or consent to the appointment of a trustee, liquidator or receiver for its or for a substantial part of its property or business; (5) file a petition for bankruptcy relief, consent to the filing of such petition or have filed against it an involuntary petition for bankruptcy relief, all under federal or state laws as applicable, which involuntary petition has not been vacated within 60 days of filing; or
(e) A trustee, liquidator or receiver shall be appointed for the Company or for a substantial part of its property or business without its consent and shall not be discharged within sixty (60) days after such appointment; or
(f) Any governmental agency or any court of competent jurisdiction at the instance of any governmental agency shall assume custody or control of the whole or any substantial portion of the properties or assets of the Company; or
(g) One or more money judgments, writs or warrants of attachment, or similar process, in excess of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) in the aggregate, shall be entered or filed against the Company or any of its properties or other assets and shall remain unpaid, unvacated, unbonded or unstayed for a period of fifteen (15) days or in any event later than five (5) days prior to the date of any proposed sale thereunder; or
(i) The Company shall have its Common Stock delisted from an exchange or marketplace (including the OTC Markets marketplace) or, if the Common Stock trades on an exchange or marketplace, then trading in the Common Stock shall be suspended for more than 10 consecutive days;
(k) The Company shall not deliver to the Holder the Common Stock pursuant to paragraph 4 herein without restrictive legend within 3 business days of its receipt of a Notice of Conversion which includes an opinion of counsel expressing an opinion which supports the removal of a restrictive legend, provided that the opinion complies with all applicable laws and rules; or
(l) The Company shall not replenish the reserve set forth in Section 12, within 3 business days of the request of the Holder.
(n) The Company shall cause to lose the “bid” price for its stock in a market (including the OTC marketplace or other exchange).
(o) If, at any time after the Issuance Date, the Company shall fail to comply in any material respect with the reporting requirements of the 1934 Act (including but not limited to becoming delinquent in its periodic report filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission), including applicable available extensions, and/or the Company shall cease to be subject to the reporting requirements of the 1934 Act.
(p) In the event that the Company proposes to replace its transfer agent, the Company fails to provide, prior to the effective date of such replacement, a fully executed irrevocable transfer agent instructions in a form as initially delivered to Holder with respect to this Note (including but not limited to the provision to irrevocably reserve shares of Common Stock to satisfy the Company’s obligations under the Note and Warrant) signed by the successor transfer agent and the Company.
Then, or at any time thereafter, and in each and every such case, unless such Event of Default shall have been waived in writing by the Holder (which waiver shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent default) at the option of the Holder and in the Holder’s sole discretion, the Holder may consider this Note immediately due and payable, without presentment, demand, protest or (further) notice of any kind (other than notice of acceleration), all of which are hereby expressly waived, anything herein or in any note or other instruments contained to the contrary notwithstanding, and the Holder may immediately, and without expiration of any period of grace, enforce any and all of the Holder’s rights and remedies provided herein or any other rights or remedies afforded by law. Upon an Event of Default, interest shall accrue at a default interest rate of 16% per annum or, if such rate is usurious or not permitted by current law, then at the highest rate of interest permitted by law. In the event of a breach of Section 8(k) the penalty shall be $250 per day the shares are not issued beginning on the 4th day after the conversion notice was delivered to the Company. This penalty shall increase to $500 per day beginning on the 10th day. The penalty for a breach of Section 8(n) shall be an increase of the outstanding principal amount of the Note by 20%.
If the Holder shall commence an action or proceeding to enforce any provisions of this Note, including, without limitation, engaging an attorney, then if the Holder prevails in such action, the Holder shall be reimbursed by the Company for its attorneys’ fees and other costs and expenses incurred in the investigation, preparation and prosecution of such action or proceeding.
The Company must pay the Failure to Deliver Loss by cash payment, and any such cash payment must be made by the third business day from the time of the Holder’s written notice to the Company.
9. In case any provision of this Note is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be excessive in scope or otherwise invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be adjusted rather than voided, if possible, so that it is enforceable to the maximum extent possible, and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Note will not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
10. Neither this Note nor any term hereof may be amended, waived, discharged or terminated other than by a written instrument signed by the Company and the Holder.
11. The Company represents that it is not a “shell” issuer and has never been a “shell” issuer or that if it previously has been a “shell” issuer that at least 12 months have passed since the Company has reported Form 10 type information indicating it is no longer a “shell” issuer. Further. The Company will instruct its counsel to either (i) write a 144 opinion to allow for salability of the conversion shares or (ii) accept such opinion from Holder’s counsel, subject to compliance with applicable laws and rules.
12. The Company shall issue irrevocable transfer agent instructions reserving 8,552,976 shares of its Common Stock for conversions under this Note and exercises under the Warrant (the “Share Reserve”). Upon full conversion of this Note and full exercise of the Warrant, any shares remaining in the Share Reserve shall be cancelled. The Company shall pay all transfer agent costs and legal fees associated with issuing and delivering the shares to the Holder. If such amounts are to be paid by the Holder, it may deduct such amounts from the amounts being converted. The Company should at all times reserve a minimum of four times the amount of shares required if the note would be fully converted. The Holder may reasonably request increases from time to time to reserve such amounts. The Company will instruct its transfer agent to provide the outstanding share information to the Holder in connection with its conversions.
13. The Company will give the Holder direct notice of any corporate actions, including but not limited to name changes, stock splits, recapitalizations etc. This notice shall be given to the Holder as soon as possible under law.
14. If it shall be found that any interest or other amount deemed interest due hereunder violates the applicable law governing usury, the applicable provision shall automatically be revised to equal the maximum rate of interest or other amount deemed interest permitted under applicable law. The Company covenants (to the extent that it may lawfully do so) that it will not seek to claim or take advantage of any law that would prohibit or forgive the Company from paying all or a portion of the principal or interest on this Note.
15. This Note shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware and shall be binding upon the successors and assigns of each party hereto. The Holder and the Company hereby mutually waive trial by jury and consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or in the federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, and the facsimile transmission of an executed counterpart to this Agreement shall be effective as an original.
16. So long as this Note is outstanding, upon any issuance by the Company or any of its subsidiaries of any security, or amendment to a security that was originally issued before the Issuance Date, with any term that the Holder reasonably believes is more favorable to the holder of such security or with a term in favor of the holder of such security that the Holder reasonably believes was not similarly provided to the Holder in this Note, then (i) the Company shall notify the Holder of such additional or more favorable term within one (1) business day of the issuance and/or amendment (as applicable) of the respective security, and (ii) such term, at Holder’s option, shall become a part of the transaction documents with the Holder (regardless of whether the Company complied with the notification provision of this Section 16). The types of terms contained in another security that may be more favorable to the holder of such security include, but are not limited to, conversion price, terms addressing prepayment rate, interest rates, and original issue discounts.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Note to be duly executed by an officer thereunto duly authorized.
|Dated: October 5, 2021 || || |
| || || |
| ||ADHERA THERAPEUTICS, INC.|
| || || |
| ||By: || |
| || |
| ||Name: ||Andrew Kucharchuk|
| ||Title: ||Chief Executive Officer|
NOTICE OF CONVERSION
(To be Executed by the Registered Holder in order to Convert the Note)
The undersigned hereby irrevocably elects to convert $___________ of the above Note into _________ Shares of Common Stock of ADHERA THERAPEUTICS, INC. (“Shares”) according to the conditions set forth in such Note, as of the date written below.
If Shares are to be issued in the name of a person other than the undersigned, the undersigned will pay all transfer and other taxes and charges payable with respect thereto.
|Date of Conversion: ___________________________________________________ |
|Applicable Conversion Price: _________________________________________ |
|Signature: _______________________________________________________ |
|[Print Name of Holder and Title of Signer] |
|Address: _______________________________________________________ |
|SSN or EIN:____________________ |
|Shares are to be registered in the following name: ____________________________________ |
|Address: _____________________________________________ |
|Tel: ________________________ |
|Fax: ________________________ |
|SSN or EIN: __________________ |
|Shares are to be sent or delivered to the following account: |
|Account Name: _________________________________________________ |
|Address: ______________________________________________________ |