Forms of Option Agreement, Stock Option Grant Notice and Notice of Exercise under the 2016 Equity Incentive Plan
Achronix Semiconductor Corporation
Stock Option Grant Notice
(2016 Equity Incentive Plan)
Achronix Semiconductor Corporation (the “Company”), pursuant to its 2016 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”), hereby grants to Optionholder an option to purchase the number of shares of the Company’s Common Stock set forth below. This option is subject to all of the terms and conditions as set forth in this Stock Option Grant Notice (this “Grant Notice”), in the Option Agreement, the Plan and the Notice of Exercise, all of which are attached hereto and incorporated herein in their entirety. Capitalized terms not explicitly defined herein but defined in the Plan or the Option Agreement will have the same definitions as in the Plan or the Option Agreement. If there is any conflict between the terms herein and the Plan, the terms of the Plan will control.
|Date of Grant:|
|Vesting Commencement Date:|
|Number of Shares Subject to Option:|
|Exercise Price (Per Share):|
|Type of Grant:||¨ Incentive Stock Option1||¨ Nonstatutory Stock Option|
|Exercise Schedule:||Same as Vesting Schedule|
|Vesting Schedule:||[So long as your Continued Service continues, the Shares underlying this option shall vest and become exercisable in accordance with the following schedule: 25% of the total number of Shares subject to the option shall vest and become exercisable on the 12 month anniversary of the Vesting Commencement Date, and 1/48th of the total number of Shares subject to the option shall vest and become exercisable on the same day of each month thereafter.]|
|Payment:||By one or a combination of the following items (described in the Option Agreement):|
|¨||By cash, check, bank draft, wire transfer or money order payable to the Company|
|¨||Pursuant to a Regulation T Program if the shares are publicly traded|
|¨||By delivery of already-owned shares if the shares are publicly traded|
|¨||If and only to the extent this option is a Nonstatutory Stock Option, and subject to the Company’s consent at the time of exercise, by a “net exercise” arrangement|
Additional Terms/Acknowledgements: Optionholder acknowledges receipt of, and understands and agrees to, this Grant Notice, the Option Agreement and the Plan. Optionholder acknowledges and agrees that this Grant Notice and the Option Agreement may not be modified, amended or revised except as provided in the Plan. Optionholder further acknowledges that as of the Date of Grant, this Grant Notice, the Option Agreement, and the Plan set forth the entire understanding between Optionholder and the Company regarding this option award and supersede all prior oral and written agreements, promises and/or representations on that subject with the exception of (i) options or other equity awards previously granted and delivered to Optionholder, (ii) any compensation recovery policy that is adopted by the Company or is otherwise required by applicable law and (iii) any written employment or severance or similar arrangement that would provide for vesting acceleration or other special treatment of this option upon the terms and conditions set forth therein.
1 If this is an Incentive Stock Option, it (plus other outstanding Incentive Stock Options) cannot be first exercisable for more than $100,000 in value (measured by exercise price) in any calendar year. Any excess over $100,000 is a Nonstatutory Stock Option.
By accepting this option, Optionholder consents to receive such documents by electronic delivery and to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.
|Achronix Semiconductor Corporation||Optionholder:|
Attachments: Option Agreement, 2016 Equity Incentive Plan and Notice of Exercise
Achronix Semiconductor Corporation
2016 Equity Incentive Plan
(Incentive Stock Option or Nonstatutory Stock Option)
Pursuant to your Stock Option Grant Notice (the “Grant Notice”) and this Option Agreement (the “Option Agreement”), Achronix Semiconductor Corporation (the “Company”) has granted you an option under its 2016 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”) to purchase the number of shares of the Company’s Common Stock indicated in your Grant Notice at the exercise price indicated in your Grant Notice. The option is granted to you effective as of the date of grant set forth in the Grant Notice (the “Date of Grant”). If there is any conflict between the terms in this Option Agreement and the Plan, the terms of the Plan will control. Capitalized terms not explicitly defined in this Option Agreement or in the Grant Notice but defined in the Plan will have the same definitions as in the Plan.
The details of your option, in addition to those set forth in the Grant Notice and the Plan, are as follows:
1. Vesting. Your option will vest as provided in your Grant Notice, provided that Vesting will cease upon the termination of your Continuous Service.
2. Number of Shares and Exercise Price. The number of shares of Common Stock subject to your option and your exercise price per share in your Grant Notice will be adjusted for Capitalization Adjustments.
3. Exercise Restriction for Non-Exempt Employees. If you are an Employee eligible for overtime compensation under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as amended (that is, a “Non-Exempt Employee”), and except as otherwise provided in the Plan, you may not exercise your option until you have completed at least six (6) months of Continuous Service measured from the Date of Grant, even if you have already been an employee for more than six (6) months. Consistent with the provisions of the Worker Economic Opportunity Act, you may exercise your option as to any vested portion prior to such six (6) month anniversary in the case of (i) your death or disability, (ii) a Corporate Transaction in which your option is not assumed, continued or substituted, (iii) a Change in Control or (iv) your termination of Continuous Service on your “retirement” (as defined in the Company’s benefit plans).
4. Method of Payment. You must pay the full amount of the exercise price for the shares you wish to exercise. You may pay the exercise price in cash or by check, bank draft or money order payable to the Company or in another manner permitted by your Grant Notice, which may include one or more of the following:
(a) Provided that at the time of exercise the Common Stock is publicly traded, pursuant to a program developed under Regulation T as promulgated by the Federal Reserve Board that, prior to the issuance of Common Stock, results in either the receipt of cash (or check) by the Company or the receipt of irrevocable instructions to pay the aggregate exercise price to the Company from the sales proceeds. This manner of payment is also known as a “broker-assisted exercise”, “same day sale”, or “sell to cover”.
(b) Provided that at the time of exercise the Common Stock is publicly traded, by delivery to the Company (either by actual delivery or attestation) of already-owned shares of Common Stock that are owned free and clear of any liens, claims, encumbrances or security interests, and that are valued at Fair Market Value on the date of exercise. “Delivery” for these purposes, in the sole discretion of the Company at the time you exercise your option, will include delivery to the Company of your attestation of ownership of such shares of Common Stock in a form approved by the Company. You may not exercise your option by delivery to the Company of Common Stock if doing so would violate the provisions of any law, regulation or agreement restricting the redemption of the Company’s stock.
(c) If this option is a Nonstatutory Stock Option, subject to the consent of the Company at the time of exercise, by a “net exercise” arrangement pursuant to which the Company will reduce the number of shares of Common Stock issued upon exercise of your option by the largest whole number of shares with a Fair Market Value that does not exceed the aggregate exercise price. You must pay any remaining balance of the aggregate exercise price not satisfied by the “net exercise” in cash or other permitted form of payment. Shares of Common Stock will no longer be outstanding under your option and will not be exercisable thereafter if those shares (i) are used to pay the exercise price pursuant to the “net exercise,” (ii) are delivered to you as a result of such exercise, and (iii) are withheld to satisfy your tax withholding obligations.
5. Whole Shares. You may exercise your option only for whole shares of Common Stock.
6. Securities Law Compliance. In no event may you exercise your option unless the shares of Common Stock issuable upon such exercise are then registered under the Securities Act or, if not registered, the Company has determined that such exercise and the issuance of the shares would be exempt from the registration requirements of the Securities Act. The exercise of your option also must comply with all other applicable laws and regulations governing your option, and you may not exercise your option if the Company determines that such exercise would not be in material compliance with such laws and regulations (including any restrictions on exercise required for compliance with Treas. Reg. 1.401(k)-1(d)(3), if applicable).
7. Term. You may not exercise your option before the Date of Grant or after the expiration of the option’s term. The term of your option expires, subject to the provisions of Section 5(h) of the Plan, upon the earliest of the following:
(a) immediately upon the termination of your Continuous Service for Cause;
(b) three (3) months after the termination of your Continuous Service for any reason other than Cause, your Disability or your death (except as otherwise provided in Section 7(d) below); provided, however, that if during any part of such three-month period your option is not exercisable (following your attempt to exercise such option) solely because of the condition set forth in the section above relating to “Securities Law Compliance,” your option will not expire until the earlier of the Expiration Date or until it has been exercisable for an aggregate period of three (3) months after the termination of your Continuous Service; provided further, if (i) you are a Non-Exempt Employee, (ii) your Continuous Service terminates within six (6) months after the Date of Grant, and (iii) you have vested in a portion of your option at the time of your termination of Continuous Service, your option will not expire until the earlier of (x) the later of (A) the date that is seven (7) months after the Date of Grant, and (B) the date that is three (3) months after the termination of your Continuous Service, and (y) the Expiration Date;
(c) six (6) months after the termination of your Continuous Service due to your Disability (except as otherwise provided in Section 7(d)) below;
(d) twelve (12) months after your death if you die either during your Continuous Service or within three (3) months after your Continuous Service terminates for any reason other than Cause;
(e) the Expiration Date indicated in your Grant Notice; or
(f) the day before the tenth (10th) anniversary of the Date of Grant.
If your option is an Incentive Stock Option, note that to obtain the federal income tax advantages associated with an Incentive Stock Option, the Code requires that at all times beginning on the Date of Grant and ending on the day three (3) months before the date of your option’s exercise, you must be an employee of the Company or an Affiliate, except in the event of your death or your permanent and total disability, as defined in Section 22(e)(3) of the Code. The Company has provided for extended exercisability of your option under certain circumstances for your benefit but cannot guarantee that your option will necessarily be treated as an Incentive Stock Option if you continue to provide services to the Company or an Affiliate as a Consultant or Director after your employment terminates or if you otherwise exercise your option more than three (3) months after the date your employment with the Company or an Affiliate terminates.
(a) You may exercise the vested portion of your option during its term by (i) delivering a Notice of Exercise (in a form designated by the Company) or completing such other documents and/or procedures designated by the Company for exercise and (ii) paying the exercise price and any applicable withholding taxes to the Company’s Secretary, stock plan administrator, or such other person as the Company may designate, together with such additional documents as the Company may then require.
(b) By exercising your option you agree that, as a condition to any exercise of your option, the Company may require you to enter into an arrangement providing for the payment by you to the Company of any tax withholding obligation of the Company arising by reason of (i) the exercise of your option, (ii) the lapse of any substantial risk of forfeiture to which the shares of Common Stock are subject at the time of exercise, or (iii) the disposition of shares of Common Stock acquired upon such exercise.
(c) If your option is an Incentive Stock Option, by exercising your option you agree that you will notify the Company in writing within fifteen (15) days after the date of any disposition of any of the shares of the Common Stock issued upon exercise of your option that occurs within two (2) years after the Date of Grant or within one (1) year after such shares of Common Stock are transferred upon exercise of your option.
(d) By accepting your option you agree that you will not sell, dispose of, transfer, make any short sale of, grant any option for the purchase of, or enter into any hedging or similar transaction with the same economic effect as a sale with respect to any shares of Common Stock or other securities of the Company held by you, for a period of one hundred eighty (180) days following the effective date of a registration statement of the Company filed under the Securities Act or such longer period as the underwriters or the Company will request to facilitate compliance with FINRA Rule 2241 or any successor or similar rules or regulation (the “Lock-Up Period”); provided, however, that nothing contained in this section will prevent the exercise of a repurchase option, if any, in favor of the Company during the Lock-Up Period. You further agree to execute and deliver such other agreements as may be reasonably requested by the Company or the underwriters that are consistent with the foregoing or that are necessary to give further effect thereto. In order to enforce the foregoing covenant, the Company may impose stop-transfer instructions with respect to your shares of Common Stock until the end of such period. You also agree that any transferee of any shares of Common Stock (or other securities) of the Company held by you will be bound by this Section 8(d). The underwriters of the Company’s stock are intended third party beneficiaries of this Section 8(d) and will have the right, power and authority to enforce the provisions hereof as though they were a party hereto.
9. Transferability. Except as otherwise provided in this Section 9, your option is not transferable, except by will or by the laws of descent and distribution, and is exercisable during your life only by you.
(a) Certain Trusts. Upon receiving written permission from the Board or its duly authorized designee, you may transfer your option to a trust if you are considered to be the sole beneficial owner (determined under Section 671 of the Code and applicable state law) while the option is held in the trust. You and the trustee must enter into transfer and other agreements required by the Company.
(b) Domestic Relations Orders. Upon receiving written permission from the Board or its duly authorized designee, and provided that you and the designated transferee enter into transfer and other agreements required by the Company, you may transfer your option pursuant to the terms of a domestic relations order, official marital settlement agreement or other divorce or separation instrument as permitted by Treasury Regulation 1.421-1(b)(2) that contains the information required by the Company to effectuate the transfer. You are encouraged to discuss the proposed terms of any division of this option with the Company prior to finalizing the domestic relations order or marital settlement agreement to help ensure the required information is contained within the domestic relations order or marital settlement agreement. If this option is an Incentive Stock Option, this option may be deemed to be a Nonstatutory Stock Option as a result of such transfer.
(c) Beneficiary Designation. Upon receiving written permission from the Board or its duly authorized designee, you may, by delivering written notice to the Company, in a form approved by the Company and any broker designated by the Company to handle option exercises, designate a third party who, on your death, will thereafter be entitled to exercise this option and receive the Common Stock or other consideration resulting from such exercise. In the absence of such a designation, your executor or administrator of your estate will be entitled to exercise this option and receive, on behalf of your estate, the Common Stock or other consideration resulting from such exercise.
10. Limitations on Transfer.
(a) Right of First Refusal. In the event that you propose to sell, pledge or otherwise transfer to a third party any shares acquired under your option, or any interest in such shares, the Company shall have the right of first refusal with respect to all (and not less than all) of such shares (the “Right of First Refusal”).
(i) Notice of Proposed Transfer. If you desire to transfer shares acquired under your option, you shall give a written notice of the proposed transfer (the “Transfer Notice”) to the Company stating: your bona fide intention to sell or otherwise transfer such shares; the name of the proposed transferee; the number of shares proposed to be transferred; and the terms and conditions of the proposed transfer. You shall offer the shares at the same price and upon the same terms (or terms as similar as reasonably possible) to the Company.
(ii) Exercise of Right of First Refusal. At any time within thirty (30) days after receipt of the Transfer Notice, the Company may, by giving written notice to you, elect to purchase all, but not less than all, of the shares proposed to be transferred to the proposed transferee, at the proposed transfer price. If the Company exercises its Right of First Refusal, the parties shall consummate the sale of the shares on the terms set forth in the Transfer Notice; provided, however, that in the event the Transfer Notice provided that payment for the shares was to be made in a form other than cash or cash equivalents paid at the time of transfer, the cash equivalent value of the non-cash consideration shall be determined by the Board in good faith.
(iii) Payment. Payment for the shares shall be made, at the option of the Company, in cash (by check), by cancellation of all or a portion of any outstanding indebtedness, or by any combination thereof within thirty (30) days after receipt of the Transfer Notice or in the manner and at the times set forth in the Transfer Notice.
(iv) Optionholder’s Right to Transfer. If all of the shares proposed in the Transfer Notice to be transferred to a proposed transferee are not purchased by the Company, then you may sell or otherwise transfer such shares to that proposed transferee at the transfer price or at a higher price, provided that such sale or other transfer is consummated within sixty (60) days after the date of the Transfer Notice and provided further that any such sale or other transfer is effected in accordance with any applicable securities laws and the proposed transferee agrees in writing that the provisions of this Option Agreement shall continue to apply to the shares in the hands of such proposed transferee. If the shares described in the Transfer Notice are not transferred to the proposed transferee within such period, or if you propose to change the price or other terms to make them more favorable to the proposed transferee, a new Transfer Notice shall be given to the Company, and the Company shall again be offered the Right of First Refusal before any shares held by you may be sold or otherwise transferred.
(v) Exception for Certain Family Transfers. Anything to the contrary contained in this Section 10 notwithstanding, the transfer of any or all of the shares during your lifetime or on your death by will or intestacy to your immediate family (which shall mean your spouse, lineal descendant or antecedent, father, mother, brother or sister) or a trust for the benefit of your immediate family shall be exempt from the provisions of this Section 10. In such case, the transferee or other recipient shall receive and hold the shares so transferred subject to the provisions of this Section, and there shall be no further transfer of such shares except in accordance with the terms of this Option Agreement.
(b) Company’s Right to Purchase upon Involuntary Transfer. In the event, at any time after the date of the exercise of your option, of any transfer by operation of law or other involuntary transfer (including death or divorce, but excluding a transfer to your immediate family) of all or a portion of the shares acquired under your option, the Company will have an option to purchase all of the shares transferred at the greater of the purchase price paid by you pursuant to the exercise of your option or the Fair Market Value of the shares on the date of transfer (as determined by the Board). Upon such a transfer, the person acquiring the shares shall promptly notify the Secretary of the Company of such transfer. The right to purchase such shares shall be provided to the Company for a period of thirty (30) days following receipt by the Company of written notice by the person acquiring the shares.
(c) Assignment. The right of the Company to purchase any part of the shares acquired under your option may be assigned in whole or in part to any stockholder or stockholders of the Company or other persons or organizations.
(d) Restrictions Binding on Transferees. All transferees of shares or any interest therein will receive and hold such shares or interest subject to the provisions of this Option Agreement. Any sale or transfer of the Company’s shares will be void unless the provisions of this Option Agreement are satisfied.
(e) Termination of Rights. The Right of First Refusal granted to the Company by Section 10(a) above and the option to repurchase the shares in the event of an involuntary transfer granted to the Company by Section 10(b) above shall terminate upon the first sale of Common Stock of the Company to the general public pursuant to a registration statement filed with and declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”). Upon termination of the Right of First Refusal described in Section 10(a) above, a new certificate or certificates representing the shares not repurchased shall be issued, on request, without any legend, and delivered to you.
11. Right of Repurchase. To the extent provided in the Company’s bylaws in effect at such time the Company elects to exercise its right, the Company will have the right to repurchase all or any part of the shares of Common Stock you acquire pursuant to the exercise of your option.
12. Option not a Service Contract. Your option is not an employment or service contract, and nothing in your option will be deemed to create in any way whatsoever any obligation on your part to continue in the employ of the Company or an Affiliate, or of the Company or an Affiliate to continue your employment. In addition, nothing in your option will obligate the Company or an Affiliate, their respective stockholders, boards of directors, officers or employees to continue any relationship that you might have as a Director or Consultant for the Company or an Affiliate.
13. Withholding Obligations.
(a) At the time you exercise your option, in whole or in part, and at any time thereafter as requested by the Company, you hereby authorize withholding from payroll and any other amounts payable to you, and otherwise agree to make adequate provision for (including by means of a “same day sale” pursuant to a program developed under Regulation T as promulgated by the Federal Reserve Board to the extent permitted by the Company), any sums required to satisfy the federal, state, local and foreign tax withholding obligations of the Company or an Affiliate, if any, which arise in connection with the exercise of your option.
(b) If this option is a Nonstatutory Stock Option, then upon your request and subject to approval by the Company, and compliance with any applicable legal conditions or restrictions, the Company may withhold from fully vested shares of Common Stock otherwise issuable to you upon the exercise of your option a number of whole shares of Common Stock having a Fair Market Value, determined by the Company as of the date of exercise, not in excess of the minimum amount of tax required to be withheld by law (or such lower amount as may be necessary to avoid classification of your option as a liability for financial accounting purposes). If the date of determination of any tax withholding obligation is deferred to a date later than the date of exercise of your option, share withholding pursuant to the preceding sentence shall not be permitted unless you make a proper and timely election under Section 83(b) of the Code, covering the aggregate number of shares of Common Stock acquired upon such exercise with respect to which such determination is otherwise deferred, to accelerate the determination of such tax withholding obligation to the date of exercise of your option. Notwithstanding the filing of such election, shares of Common Stock shall be withheld solely from fully vested shares of Common Stock determined as of the date of exercise of your option that are otherwise issuable to you upon such exercise. Any adverse consequences to you arising in connection with such share withholding procedure shall be your sole responsibility.
(c) You may not exercise your option unless the tax withholding obligations of the Company and/or any Affiliate are satisfied. Accordingly, you may not be able to exercise your option when desired even though your option is vested, and the Company will have no obligation to issue a certificate for such shares of Common Stock or release such shares of Common Stock from any escrow provided for herein, if applicable, unless such obligations are satisfied.
14. Tax Consequences. You hereby agree that the Company does not have a duty to design or administer the Plan or its other compensation programs in a manner that minimizes your tax liabilities. You will not make any claim against the Company, or any of its Officers, Directors, Employees or Affiliates related to tax liabilities arising from your option or your other compensation. In particular, you acknowledge that this option is exempt from Section 409A of the Code only if the exercise price per share specified in the Grant Notice is at least equal to the “fair market value” per share of the Common Stock on the Date of Grant and there is no other impermissible deferral of compensation associated with the option. Because the Common Stock is not traded on an established securities market, the Fair Market Value is determined by the Board, perhaps in consultation with an independent valuation firm retained by the Company. You acknowledge that there is no guarantee that the Internal Revenue Service will agree with the valuation as determined by the Board, and you will not make any claim against the Company, or any of its Officers, Directors, Employees or Affiliates in the event that the Internal Revenue Service asserts that the valuation determined by the Board is less than the “fair market value” as subsequently determined by the Internal Revenue Service.
15. Notices. Any notices provided for in your option or the Plan will be given in writing (including electronically) and will be deemed effectively given upon receipt or, in the case of notices delivered by mail by the Company to you, five (5) days after deposit in the United States mail, postage prepaid, addressed to you at the last address you provided to the Company. The Company may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to participation in the Plan and this option by electronic means or to request your consent to participate in the Plan by electronic means. By accepting this option, you also consent to receive such documents by electronic delivery and to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.
16. Governing Plan Document. Your option is subject to all the provisions of the Plan, the provisions of which are hereby made a part of your option, and is further subject to all interpretations, amendments, rules and regulations, which may from time to time be promulgated and adopted pursuant to the Plan. If there is any conflict between the provisions of your option and those of the Plan, the provisions of the Plan will control.
17. Effect on Other Employee Benefit Plans. The value of this option will not be included as compensation, earnings, salaries, or other similar terms used when calculating your benefits under any employee benefit plan sponsored by the Company or any Affiliate, except as such plan otherwise expressly provides. The Company expressly reserves its rights to amend, modify, or terminate any of the Company’s or any Affiliate’s employee benefit plans.
18. Voting Rights. You will not have voting or any other rights as a stockholder of the Company with respect to the shares to be issued pursuant to this option until such shares are issued to you. Upon such issuance, you will obtain full voting and other rights as a stockholder of the Company. Nothing contained in this option, and no action taken pursuant to its provisions, will create or be construed to create a trust of any kind or a fiduciary relationship between you and the Company or any other person.
19. Severability. If all or any part of this Option Agreement or the Plan is declared by any court or governmental authority to be unlawful or invalid, such unlawfulness or invalidity will not invalidate any portion of this Option Agreement or the Plan not declared to be unlawful or invalid. Any Section of this Option Agreement (or part of such a Section) so declared to be unlawful or invalid shall, if possible, be construed in a manner which will give effect to the terms of such Section or part of a Section to the fullest extent possible while remaining lawful and valid.
(a) The rights and obligations of the Company under your option will be transferable to any one or more persons or entities, and all covenants and agreements hereunder will inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by the Company’s successors and assigns.
(b) You agree upon request to execute any further documents or instruments necessary or desirable in the sole determination of the Company to carry out the purposes or intent of your option.
(c) You acknowledge and agree that you have reviewed your option in its entirety, have had an opportunity to obtain the advice of counsel prior to executing and accepting your option, and fully understand all provisions of your option.
(d) This Option Agreement will be subject to all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and to such approvals by any governmental agencies or national securities exchanges as may be required.
(e) All obligations of the Company under the Plan and this Option Agreement will be binding on any successor to the Company, whether the existence of such successor is the result of a direct or indirect purchase, merger, consolidation, or otherwise, of all or substantially all of the business and/or assets of the Company.
* * *
This Option Agreement will be deemed to be signed by you upon the signing by you of the Stock Option Grant Notice to which it is attached.
Achronix Semiconductor Corporation
2016 Equity Incentive Plan
Notice of Exercise
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
|Achronix Semiconductor Corporation||Date of Exercise:|
2953 Bunker Hill Lane
Santa Clara, CA 95054
This constitutes notice to Achronix Semiconductor Corporation (the “Company”) under my stock option that I elect to purchase the below number of shares of Common Stock of the Company (the “Shares”) for the price set forth below.
|Type of option (check one):||Incentive ¨||Nonstatutory ¨|
|Stock option dated:|
|Number of Shares as to which option is exercised:|
|Certificates to be issued in name of:|
|Total exercise price:||$||$|
|Cash, check, bank draft or money order payment delivered herewith:||$||$|
By this exercise, I agree (i) to provide such additional documents as you may require pursuant to the terms of the Achronix Semiconductor Corporation 2016 Equity Incentive Plan, (ii) to provide for the payment by me to you (in the manner designated by you) of your withholding obligation, if any, relating to the exercise of this option, and (iii) if this exercise relates to an incentive stock option, to notify you in writing within fifteen (15) days after the date of any disposition of any of the Shares issued upon exercise of this option that occurs within two (2) years after the date of grant of this option or within one (1) year after such Shares are issued upon exercise of this option.
I hereby make the following certifications and representations with respect to the number of Shares listed above, which are being acquired by me for my own account upon exercise of the option as set forth above:
I acknowledge that the Shares have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), and are deemed to constitute “restricted securities” under Rule 701 and Rule 144 promulgated under the Securities Act. I warrant and represent to the Company that I have no present intention of distributing or selling said Shares, except as permitted under the Securities Act and any applicable state securities laws.
I further acknowledge that I will not be able to resell the Shares for at least ninety (90) days after the stock of the Company becomes publicly traded (i.e., subject to the reporting requirements of Section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934) under Rule 701 and that more restrictive conditions apply to affiliates of the Company under Rule 144.
I further acknowledge that all certificates representing any of the Shares subject to the provisions of the Option shall have endorsed thereon appropriate legends reflecting the foregoing limitations, as well as any legends reflecting restrictions pursuant to the Company’s certificate of incorporation, bylaws and/or applicable securities laws.
I further acknowledge and agree that, except for such information as required to be delivered to me by the Company pursuant to the option or the Plan (if any), I will have no right to receive any information from the Company by virtue of the grant of the option or the purchase of shares of Common Stock through exercise of the option, ownership of such shares of Common Stock, or as a result of my being a holder of record of stock of the Company. Without limiting the foregoing, to the fullest extent permitted by law, I hereby waive all inspection rights under Section 220 of the Delaware General Corporation Law and all such similar information and/or inspection rights that may be provided under the law of any jurisdiction, or any federal, state or foreign regulation, that are, or may become, applicable to the Company or the Company’s capital stock (the “Inspection Rights”). I hereby covenant and agree never to directly or indirectly commence, voluntarily aid in any way, prosecute, assign, transfer, or cause to be commenced any claim, action, cause of action, or other proceeding to pursue or exercise the Inspection Rights.
I further agree that, if required by the Company (or a representative of the underwriters) in connection with the first underwritten registration of the offering of any securities of the Company under the Securities Act, I will not sell, dispose of, transfer, make any short sale of, grant any option for the purchase of, or enter into any hedging or similar transaction with the same economic effect as a sale with respect to any shares of Common Stock or other securities of the Company for a period of one hundred eighty (180) days following the effective date of a registration statement of the Company filed under the Securities Act (or such longer period as the underwriters or the Company shall request to facilitate compliance with FINRA Rule 2241 or any successor or similar rule or regulation) (the “Lock-Up Period”). I further agree to execute and deliver such other agreements as may be reasonably requested by the Company or the underwriters that are consistent with the foregoing or that are necessary to give further effect thereto. In order to enforce the foregoing covenant, the Company may impose stop-transfer instructions with respect to securities subject to the foregoing restrictions until the end of such period.
|Very truly yours,|