Form of Warrant issued on September 12, 2019
THIS WARRANT AND THE SHARES OF COMMON STOCK ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE OF THIS WARRANT HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “SECURITIES ACT”). THIS WARRANT AND THE SHARES OF COMMON STOCK ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE OF THIS WARRANT MAY NOT BE SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, PLEDGED OR HYPOTHECATED IN THE ABSENCE OF AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY TO ACCELERIZE INC. THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.
Right to Purchase up to ___,000 shares of Common Stock of Accelerize Inc. (subject to adjustment as provided herein)
COMMON STOCK PURCHASE WARRANT
Issue Date: September __, 2019
ACCELERIZE INC., a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Delaware (the “Company”), hereby certifies that, for value received, __________ or its assigns (the “Holder”) is entitled, subject to the terms set forth below, to purchase from the Company at any time after September __, 2019 (the “Issue Date”) until 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time, on the fifth (5th) anniversary of the Issue Date (the “Expiration Date”), up to _____,000 fully paid and nonassessable shares of Common Stock at a per share purchase price of $0.10. The aforementioned purchase price per share, as adjusted from time to time as herein provided, is referred to herein as the “Purchase Price.” The number and character of such shares of Common Stock and the Purchase Price are subject to adjustment as provided herein. The Company may reduce the Purchase Price without the consent of the Holder.
As used herein the following terms, unless the context otherwise requires, have the following respective meanings:
(a) The term “Company” shall include Accelerize Inc. and any corporation which shall succeed or assume the obligations of Accelerize Inc. hereunder.
(b) The term “Common Stock” includes (i) the Company’s Common Stock, $0.001 par value per share, and (ii) any other securities into which or for which any of the securities described in (i) may be converted or exchanged pursuant to a plan of recapitalization, reorganization, merger, sale of assets or otherwise.
(c) The term “Other Securities” refers to any stock (other than Common Stock) and other securities of the Company or any other person (corporate or otherwise) which the holder of the Warrant at any time shall be entitled to receive, or shall have received, on the exercise of the Warrant, in lieu of or in addition to Common Stock, or which at any time shall be issuable or shall have been issued in exchange for or in replacement of Common Stock or Other Securities pursuant to the terms herein.
1. Exercise of Warrant.
1.1. Number of Shares Issuable upon Exercise. From and after the Issue Date through and including the Expiration Date, the Holder hereof shall be entitled to receive, upon exercise of this Warrant in whole in accordance with the terms of subsection 1.2 or upon exercise of this Warrant in part in accordance with subsection 1.3, up to ______,000 of shares of Common Stock of the Company, subject to adjustment pursuant to the terms hereof.
1.2. Full Exercise. This Warrant may be exercised in full by the Holder hereof by delivery of an original or facsimile copy of the form of subscription attached as hereto Exhibit A (the “Subscription Form”) duly executed by such Holder and surrender of the original Warrant within three (3) days of exercise, to the Company at its principal office or at the office of its Warrant Agent (as provided hereinafter), accompanied by payment, in cash, wire transfer or by certified or official bank check payable to the order of the Company, in the amount obtained by multiplying the number of shares of Common Stock for which this Warrant is then exercisable by the Purchase Price then in effect.
1.3. Partial Exercise. This Warrant may be exercised in part (but not for a fractional share) by surrender of this Warrant in the manner and at the place provided in subsection 1.2 except that the amount payable by the Holder on such partial exercise shall be the amount obtained by multiplying (a) the number of whole shares of Common Stock designated by the Holder in the Subscription Form by (b) the Purchase Price then in effect. On any such partial exercise, the Company, at its expense, will forthwith issue and deliver to or upon the order of the Holder hereof a new Warrant of like tenor, in the name of the Holder hereof or as such Holder (upon payment by such Holder of any applicable transfer taxes) may request, the whole number of shares of Common Stock for which such Warrant may still be exercised.
1.4. Fair Market Value. Fair Market Value of a share of Common Stock as of a particular date (the “Determination Date”) shall mean:
(a) If the Company’s Common Stock is traded on an exchange or is quoted on the Nasdaq Stock Market LLC then the last sale price reported for the last business day immediately preceding the Determination Date;
(b) If the Company’s Common Stock is not traded on an exchange or quoted on the Nasdaq Stock Market LLC but is traded in the over-the-counter market, then the average of the closing bid and ask prices reported for the last business day immediately preceding the Determination Date;
(c) Except as provided in clause (d) below, if the Company’s Common Stock is not publicly traded, then as the Holder and the Company agree in writing, or in the absence of such agreement, by arbitration in accordance with the rules then standing of the American Arbitration Association, before a single arbitrator to be chosen from a panel of persons qualified by education and training to pass on the matter to be decided; or
(d) If the Determination Date is the date of a liquidation, dissolution or winding up, or any event deemed to be a liquidation, dissolution or winding up pursuant to the Company’s charter, then all amounts to be payable per share to holders of the Common Stock pursuant to the charter in the event of such liquidation, dissolution or winding up, plus all other amounts to be payable per share in respect of the Common Stock in liquidation under the charter, assuming for the purposes of this clause (d) that all of the shares of Common Stock then issuable upon exercise of all of the Warrants are outstanding at the Determination Date.
1.5. Company Acknowledgment. The Company will, at the time of the exercise of the Warrant, upon the request of the Holder hereof acknowledge in writing its continuing obligation to afford to such Holder any rights to which such Holder shall continue to be entitled after such exercise in accordance with the provisions of this Warrant. If the Holder shall fail to make any such request, such failure shall not affect the continuing obligation of the Company to afford to such Holder any such rights.
1.6. Delivery of Stock Certificates, etc. on Exercise. The Company agrees that the shares of Common Stock purchased upon exercise of this Warrant shall be deemed to be issued to the Holder hereof as the record owner of such shares as of the close of business on the date on which this Warrant shall have been surrendered and payment made for such shares as aforesaid. As soon as practicable after the exercise of this Warrant in full or in part, and in any event within three (3) business days thereafter, the Company at its expense (including the payment by it of any applicable issue taxes) will cause to be issued in the name of and delivered to the Holder hereof, or as such Holder (upon payment by such Holder of any applicable transfer taxes) may direct in compliance with applicable securities laws, a certificate or certificates for the number of duly and validly issued, fully paid and nonassessable shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) to which such Holder shall be entitled on such exercise, plus, in lieu of any fractional share to which such Holder would otherwise be entitled, cash equal to such fraction multiplied by the then Fair Market Value of one full share of Common Stock, together with any other stock or other securities and property (including cash, where applicable) to which such Holder is entitled upon such exercise pursuant to Section 1 or otherwise.
2.1. Reorganization, Consolidation, Merger, etc. In case at any time or from time to time, the Company shall (a) effect a reorganization, (b) consolidate with or merge into any other person or (c) transfer all or substantially all of its properties or assets to any other person under any plan or arrangement contemplating the dissolution of the Company, then, in each such case, as a condition to the consummation of such a transaction, proper and adequate provision shall be made by the Company whereby the Holder of this Warrant, on the exercise hereof as provided in Section 1, at any time after the consummation of such reorganization, consolidation or merger or the effective date of such dissolution, as the case may be, shall receive, in lieu of the Common Stock (or Other Securities) issuable on such exercise prior to such consummation or such effective date, the stock and other securities and property (including cash) to which such Holder would have been entitled upon such consummation or in connection with such dissolution, as the case may be, if such Holder had so exercised this Warrant, immediately prior thereto, all subject to further adjustment thereafter as provided in Section 3.
2.2. Dissolution. In the event of any dissolution of the Company following the transfer of all or substantially all of its properties or assets, the Company, prior to such dissolution, shall at its expense deliver or cause to be delivered the stock and other securities and property (including cash, where applicable) receivable in accordance with Section 2.1 by the Holder of the Warrants upon their exercise after the effective date of such dissolution pursuant to this Section 2.
2.3. Continuation of Terms. Upon any reorganization, consolidation, merger or transfer (and any dissolution following any transfer) referred to in this Section 2, this Warrant shall continue in full force and effect and the terms hereof shall be applicable to the Other Securities and property receivable on the exercise of this Warrant after the consummation of such reorganization, consolidation or merger or the effective date of dissolution following any such transfer, as the case may be, and shall be binding upon the issuer of any Other Securities, including, in the case of any such transfer, the person acquiring all or substantially all of the properties or assets of the Company, whether or not such person shall have expressly assumed the terms of this Warrant.
3. Extraordinary Events Regarding Common Stock. In the event that the Company shall (a) issue additional shares of Common Stock as a dividend or other distribution on outstanding Common Stock, (b) subdivide its outstanding shares of Common Stock, or (c) combine its outstanding shares of the Common Stock into a smaller number of shares of the Common Stock, then, in each such event, the Purchase Price shall, simultaneously with the happening of such event, be adjusted by multiplying the then Purchase Price by a fraction, the numerator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately prior to such event and the denominator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event, and the product so obtained shall thereafter be the Purchase Price then in effect. The Purchase Price, as so adjusted, shall be readjusted in the same manner upon the happening of any successive event or events described herein in this Section 3. The number of shares of Common Stock that the Holder of this Warrant shall thereafter, on the exercise hereof as provided in Section 1, be entitled to receive shall be adjusted to a number determined by multiplying the number of shares of Common Stock that would otherwise (but for the provisions of this Section 3) be issuable on such exercise by a fraction of which (a) the numerator is the Purchase Price that would otherwise (but for the provisions of this Section 3) be in effect, and (b) the denominator is the Purchase Price in effect on the date of such exercise.
4. Certificate as to Adjustments. In each case of any adjustment or readjustment in the shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) issuable on the exercise of the Warrants, the Company at its expense will promptly cause its Chief Financial Officer or other appropriate designee to compute such adjustment or readjustment in accordance with the terms of the Warrant and prepare a certificate setting forth such adjustment or readjustment and showing in detail the facts upon which such adjustment or readjustment is based, including a statement of (a) the consideration received or receivable by the Company for any additional shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) issued or sold or deemed to have been issued or sold, (b) the number of shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) outstanding or deemed to be outstanding, and (c) the Purchase Price and the number of shares of Common Stock to be received upon exercise of this Warrant, in effect immediately prior to such adjustment or readjustment and as adjusted or readjusted as provided in this Warrant. The Company will forthwith mail a copy of each such certificate to the Holder of the Warrant and any Warrant Agent of the Company (appointed pursuant to Section 7 hereof).
5. Reservation of Stock, etc. Issuable on Exercise of Warrant; Financial Statements. The Company will at all times reserve and keep available, solely for issuance and delivery on the exercise of the Warrants, all shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) from time to time issuable on the exercise of the Warrant.
6. Replacement of Warrant. On receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant and, in the case of any such loss, theft or destruction of this Warrant, on delivery of an indemnity agreement or security reasonably satisfactory in form and amount to the Company or, in the case of any such mutilation, on surrender and cancellation of this Warrant, the Company at its expense, once only and then at the expense of the Holder, will execute and deliver, in lieu thereof, a new Warrant of like tenor.
7. Warrant Agent. The Company may, by written notice to the Holder of the Warrant, appoint an agent (a “Warrant Agent”) for the purpose of issuing Common Stock (or Other Securities) on the exercise of this Warrant pursuant to Section 1, and replacing this Warrant pursuant to Section 6, or any of the foregoing, and thereafter any such issuance or replacement, as the case may be, shall be made at such office by such Warrant Agent.
8. Transfer on the Company’s Books. Until this Warrant is transferred on the books of the Company, the Company may treat the registered holder hereof as the absolute owner hereof for all purposes, notwithstanding any notice to the contrary.
9. Notices. All notices, demands, requests, consents, approvals, and other communications required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and, unless otherwise specified herein, shall be (i) personally served, (ii) deposited in the mail, registered or certified, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, (iii) delivered by reputable air courier service with charges prepaid, or (iv) transmitted by hand delivery or facsimile, addressed as set forth below or to such other address as such party shall have specified most recently by written notice. Any notice or other communication required or permitted to be given hereunder shall be deemed effective (a) upon hand delivery or delivery by facsimile, with accurate confirmation generated by the transmitting facsimile machine, at the address or number designated below (if delivered on a business day during normal business hours where such notice is to be received), or the first business day following such delivery (if delivered other than on a business day during normal business hours where such notice is to be received) or (b) on the business day following the date of mailing by express courier service, fully prepaid, addressed to such address, or upon actual receipt of such mailing, whichever shall first occur or (c) three business days after deposited in the mail if delivered pursuant to subsection (ii) above. The addresses for such communications shall be: (i) if to the Company to: 2601 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 310, Santa Monica, CA 90405, and (ii) if to the Holder, to ________________________ or if subsequently updated, the address in the Company books. The Company may change its address for notices but only to an address and fax number located in the United States.
10. Miscellaneous. This Warrant and any term hereof may be changed, waived, discharged or terminated only by an instrument in writing signed by the party against which enforcement of such change, waiver, discharge or termination is sought. This Warrant shall be construed and enforced in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of New York. Any dispute relating to this Warrant shall be adjudicated in any state court in New York County in the State of New York or in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. The headings in this Warrant are for purposes of reference only, and shall not limit or otherwise affect any of the terms hereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision hereof shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. By acceptance of this Warrant, Holder acknowledges that it is either an “accredited investor” as defined in Rule 501(a) under the Securities Act or (ii) a “qualified institutional buyer” as defined in Rule 144A(a) under the Securities Act.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has executed this Warrant as of the date first written above.
Name: Brian Ross
Title: Chief Executive Officer and President
FORM OF SUBSCRIPTION
(to be signed only on exercise of Warrant)
TO: ACCELERIZE INC.
The undersigned, pursuant to the provisions set forth in the attached Warrant (No.____), hereby irrevocably elects to purchase:
___________ shares of the Common Stock covered by such Warrant.
The undersigned herewith makes payment of the full purchase price for such shares at the price per share provided for in such Warrant, which is $___________.
The undersigned requests that the certificates for such shares be issued in the name of, and delivered to whose address is__________________________________________________________________________
The undersigned represents and warrants that all offers and sales by the undersigned of the securities issuable upon exercise of the within Warrant shall be made pursuant to registration of the Common Stock under the Securities Act, or pursuant to an exemption from registration under the Securities Act.