Securities Law Notice.
This is an offer of Units which, upon vesting and settlement in accordance with the terms of the Program and the Agreement, will be converted into Shares. Shares give you a stake in the ownership of Abbott Laboratories. You may receive a return if dividends are paid.
If Abbott Laboratories runs into financial difficulties and is wound up, you will be paid only after all creditors and holders of preference shares have been paid. You may lose some or all of your investment.
New Zealand law normally requires people who offer financial products to give information to investors before they invest. This information is designed to help investors to make an informed decision. The usual rules do not apply to this offer because it is made under an employee share purchase scheme. As a result, you may not be given all the information usually required. You will also have fewer other legal protections for this investment.
Ask questions, read all documents carefully, and seek independent financial advice before committing.
Prior to the vesting and settlement of the Units, you will not have any rights of ownership (e.g., voting rights) with respect to the underlying Shares.
No interest in any Units may be transferred (legally or beneficially), assigned, mortgaged, charged or encumbered.
The Shares are quoted on the New York Stock Exchange. This means that if you acquire Shares under the Program, you may be able to sell them on the New York Stock Exchange if there are interested buyers. You may get less than you invested. The price will depend on the demand for the Shares.
You also are hereby notified that the documents listed below are available for review on sites at the web addresses listed below:
1. Abbott Laboratories’ most recent Annual Report (Form 10-K): https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=abt&owner=exclude&action=getcompany&Find=Search
2. Abbott Laboratories’ most recent published financial statements (Form 10-Q or 10-K) and the auditor’s report on those financial statements: https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=abt&owner=exclude&action=getcompany&Find=Search
3. The Abbott Laboratories 2017 Incentive Stock Program: This document can be accessed in the library section of the UBS website at www.ubs.com/onesource/abt.
4. Abbott Laboratories 2017 Incentive Stock Program Prospectus: This document can be accessed in the library section of the UBS website at www.ubs.com/onesource/abt.
A copy of the above documents will be sent to you free of charge on written request being mailed to: Senior Manager, Equity Programs, Abbott Laboratories, D058G, AP6B-2, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA.
1. Repatriation Requirements. As a condition of this Award, the Employee agrees to repatriate all Dividend Equivalents and all sales proceeds and dividends attributable to Shares acquired under the Program in accordance with local foreign exchange rules and regulations. Neither the Company nor any